• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by Gama

1. Gama

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Sorry for the delayed response on this, but I can certainly confirm it is a great, great pleasure to see this thread is still active after all these years. Perhaps my greatest ever achievement? :O
  2. Gama

TEEN: Brotherhood [4th June - Chapter 7: Reunion]

Hey all, thought I would just let you know that I'm officially moving this to a monthly rather than weekly update so I can keep up with it while still managing other aspects of my life - first Monday of the month is the new update day :)
  3. Gama

@Ambyssin Thanks very much for the review and sorry that the pacing of this chapter seems to have undermined a lot of the enjoyability for you. I think I am starting to find a bit tricky to balance giving readers enough understanding of what's happening to stay engaged and enjoying against...
  4. Gama

TEEN: Different Eyes

Have just read your reply and also Chapter 3. I think you're probably right about Chapters 1 and 2 becoming one together: although the beginning and end of each of them is quite neatly and nicely done I feel the story would benefit from being taken a bit further forward at that stage. On a...
  5. Gama

Chapter 7 – Reunion Max and Frankie desperately clung on to each other’s bodies as they barely held themselves in place on Magneton whizzing above Johto at a frightening speed. Will supported himself on top of the central head seemingly effortlessly. He must have done this before. They were so...
  6. Gama

Sorry again for the hiatus, folks. It's been a rough month. Anyway, Chapter 7 is finally here, and I'm hoping to get back to my weekly schedule from here on out! Wish me luck! Chapter 7 incoming :)
  7. Gama

DISCUSSION: Reviews versus Replies

But who's to say that everyone is posting just to improve and get better... or that they even should be? Perhaps they just have something to share and they're interested in what people think. I think being encouraged by people letting you know they're reading and enjoying is perfectly reasonable...
  8. Gama

I'm really pleased that this has generated such a discussion! For the record, I don't think there is anything that can "be done" from an overall, structural point of view, and certainly not by the mods. (I was a WW mod once upon a time and as @AceTrainer14 has pointed out we certainly had this...
  9. Gama

Hey all, thanks so much for your comments! Unfortunately it looks like the hiatus is going to continue a little longer, but I've at least been able to start making serious progress again so I don't think it'll be much longer. After that, I should be able to re-establish the weekly schedule...
  10. Gama

@Arkadelphiak I think "good for the ego but not much else" is a bit of an oversimplification, but even so - is that really a problem? I think it takes a lot of courage and vulnerability to share your creative work and a quick comment that essentially tells you "hey, this was worth sharing" can...
  11. Gama

@Ambyssin I totally agree and for the record I have always found your comments extremely helpful so thank you for them :)
  12. Gama

As some of you will know, I used to be extremely active here some years ago and have been quite on/off here since then. Recently I've been more active here than I have been in some time. Since I've been back, I've noticed that things have changed somewhat, generally all for the better. The...
  13. Gama

TEEN: guidance

I am only about halfway through (just read the interlude with the producers talking) but so far a really interesting story and concept. I think you do a great job of writing things from the perspective of an animal character (and the use of the second person narrative makes it particularly...
  14. Gama

TEEN: Different Eyes

Another interesting and engaging chapter in which you roaringly succeed in the bizarre task of making an animal heavily relatable to human readers and yet at the same time distinctly animal. The insight into how an animal sees the world, e.g. threats, cover, scents, etc. was great. Salem's...
  15. Gama

COMPLETE: The Missing One [T, mystery]

Very cool idea for a story! It was particularly satisfying as things began to become untangled towards the end and we got a better picture of what all the characters were doing and why. Kaimi trying to figure out everything that was going on was a great driving force for the story: like a...
Back
Top Bottom