G
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've actually regarded Mulholland Dr. as one of the great tragedies to come out of the last decade. When you think about it: It is really a story about human pain and the dream we find Betty/Diane in is self medication for the distinct reality that the woman she loves is a two-faced bitch. This, in essence, makes Rita's memory loss all the more succint in that this allows Betty/Diane to manipulate the relationship to the point where the roving eye can be properly extinguished; a fantasy ploy to escape the deceit that charms up her daily life in trashy modern day Hollywood.

That bit about Rabbits made me laugh. HAHAHA, I need to see that sometime. I do enjoy checking out various cinematic interpretations of various works, even if they may at times come across like hackneyed grasping of straws (though I would never discourage any sort of mental exercise!)
    Hey there, I'm very pleased to hear that you liked Lady Blue Shanghai. I thought that it was certainly bizarre and at times, quite the mess to attempt to interpret, but if anything, I would say that it just might be Lynch having some fun fucking with our heads. Marion Cotillard was an inspired choice: those eyes of hers are captivating and lend to a distinct feeling of casual unease.
    Joe Pesci is awesome. And the Ghost was was I was talking about. (Thanks, TvTropes.) Jackson tortures a mayor because the mayor is butthurt about Jackson being creepy around children or something.

I'm willing to bet Iris is an alien, and those pigtails are antennae. It would explain why she's apparently so unused to Pokemon and battling - her home planet doesn't have any Pokemon, just Digimon.

I dunno, Lucky did destroy Giratina with one move. He's the most powerful member of the team, though, he does get fainted a lot lately.
    Moonwalker? The video game had you "touch" children to get power ups, right? And I saw another film, in which he had magical powers and harassed a town.

I got a joke about Iris. You know how everyone argues about what race she is? I think she's Michael Jackson, because no one can tell if she's black or white. (Too offensive?)

Cynthia's Garchomp used Earthquake. Lucky got his leg stuck.
    I freaking love Ed Wood so much. Hey, what about Manos: Hands of Fate?

My Tangrowth needs some therapy to help her recover from the battles. My Houndoom has a cast on one of his hind legs.
    Depp and Tim Burton in general scare me. I think it's because of all the ugly Hot Topic merch.

I beat Cynthia, BTW. The Ribbon Society was about to turn me down before they saw Bosley and decided to let me in. I gotta say, the place it a total let-down once you get inside.
    My rebuttle: one of my most normal dreams was about Willy Wonka attacking my fifth grade class with felt animals, which would invade out shirts. We had to get a cyclone and stab Wonka in the tophat so he could become gene Wilder again. After he was defeated, we trapped his minions in a neighboring class, where they attacked the students.
    You're very welcome. And do let me know what you think of Lady Blue Shanghai. I've watched it a couple of times extra, just to analyse it (though how far analysis can get you in the Lynchverse is rather relative!). Fascinating stuff. I look forward to your thoughts!
    Adding Planet, but what movie does Dante's Pikachu come from? When I looked it up, I just got pizza.
    My blog. I can link you to it when I'm done.

Oddly enough, I was gonna write that. Except I would have wrote A Clockwork Oddish.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom