1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
Ghostsoul
Last Activity:
Nov 18, 2017 at 2:10 AM
Blog Posts:

Ghostsoul

Illogical but Fun

Ghostsoul was last seen:
Viewing forum Writers Workshop, Nov 18, 2017 at 2:10 AM
    1. diamondpearl876
      diamondpearl876
      Saw your post in URPG, glad you're interested! I frequent URPG myself, so I thought I'd let you know that glameow is actually buy-able in the URPG pokemart. Players recommend getting a starter that isn't in the mart, and then, you can buy a glameow later (or with a free pokemon voucher for the pokemart you're going to get when your starter is approved).
      1. Ghostsoul likes this.
      2. Ghostsoul
        Ghostsoul
        Oh, hmm. I didn't know that! Thanks! I plan on writing some stories there, and perhaps becoming a grader later on.
        Jul 4, 2017
        diamondpearl876 likes this.
      3. diamondpearl876
        diamondpearl876
        Sweet, go for it! I'd join the Discord, too, for if you have any questions and to meet everyone else. :)
        Jul 4, 2017
        Ghostsoul likes this.
      4. Ghostsoul
        Ghostsoul
        I'm quite fond of Discord, so, sure!
        Jul 4, 2017
    2. Flaze
      Flaze
      Hello there, I've been seeing you around the workshop but I realized I'd never said hi before.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ghostsoul
        Ghostsoul
        It's a pretty cozy place! Although I am planning to start another fic soon, since that one got a little out of hand and became longer than I actually anticipated.
        Apr 7, 2017
      3. Flaze
        Flaze
        Oh you're starting a new one? I never got to read your last one D:
        Apr 12, 2017
      4. Ghostsoul
        Ghostsoul
        You can still read that! My new one is still in preparation and won't be out for a while.
        Apr 12, 2017
    3. diamondpearl876
      diamondpearl876
      I was curious so I thought I'd ask, did you make the banner in your signature? I like it quite a bit. XD
      1. Ghostsoul
        Ghostsoul
        Ah! Sadly no, I wish I did. The picture is pretty good though!
        Mar 8, 2017
    4. Arkadelphiak
      Arkadelphiak
      Ayoooo, I need to read your fic! What's it about? I've been super busy and it's cut into my free time. Oh, and if it's not clear, I am/was Constellation (this is my original account).
      1. Ghostsoul likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Ghostsoul
        Ghostsoul
        Minor themes can impact the story in a big way! Especially if you use them right!

Ah, yeah, it kind of sucks right now. I've been told that is basically 'the hardest year of your schooling'. And I still hate a majority of my school class. I'll be able to make some actual friends (outside the internet) when I leave. Thank God for that. I seem to be getting a little better at dialogue. No better with description though.

Ah, I haven't used Nihilego yet! (even though I said I would). It's much harder for one thing. I'm pretty sure it's working against you somehow. I really need some better items and the like if I am to go past getting a streak of 6.
        Jan 31, 2017
      4. Arkadelphiak
        Arkadelphiak
        Yeeees. I laugh about themes with one of my friends because the monster in my fic is basically a metaphor for cancer. So I'll just tell him "USE MORE CANCER METAPHORS" when he talks about his writing.

Things get way better after you graduate. And maaaaaan, university is more complex than wherever you're at. My first semester had a lot of standard courses that were quite easy since I had taken way too many "university-level" classes in high school. They're called AP courses, if you're wanting to Google them. They mostly taught me how to handle a toooon of coursework at once. How does higher education work in the UK?

Isn't it Poison/Rock? Such a strange typing. I don't see where the Rock theme comes in, but I suppose that's part of their alien nature.
        Feb 1, 2017
      5. Ghostsoul
        Ghostsoul
        Cancer is a pretty interesting concept to apply to environments and places rather than things. Any disease is really, it can produce some interesting metaphors. (Honestly, I felt like I picked up on the metaphor when you told me about the monsters, so I you did a pretty good job.)

You do GCSEs at age 15, then A levels at 18 (which is what I'm doing now). I'm not sure about the equivalent to AP courses here would be. We have all or nothing exam style tests rather than coursework. It's very nerve-wracking because you don't know how they will turn out.

Posion/Rock is an odd typing huh. I think they gave the UBs some odd typings to add to their alien-ness, and make them more unexpected.
        Feb 2, 2017
  • About

Favorite Generation:
    Generation IV (DS)
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Furfrou / Trimmien
    Favorite Pokémon Type:
    Normal