Recent content by Ghurlag

1. Ghurlag

Review XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

Dreadful end to a dreadful League. To recap, the writers have: - ignored all the usual callbacks to Oak and Ash's mum, League traditions - avoided bringing in or even referencing any of Ash's old Pokemon - skipped through not just the preliminaries, but basically everything before the...
  2. Ghurlag

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

I really don't like these forms. I don't really get why GameFreak thought changing the designs and types of existing Pokemon was a good idea, but apparently the fans agree. I don't. I feel this is somehow disfiguring the earlier designs. It's like experimental fanart has become canon. I was...
  3. Ghurlag

Review XY128: Decisive Rival Battle! Satoshi Gekkouga VS Mega Jukain!!

Sawyer sends out a Fairy-type, so obviously Ash sends out a Dragon-type to face it. Is he ever going to actually fight better than his opponents? The pacing and tension improved a bit from earlier, but they really did make this episode about Greninja and Sceptile, with everyone else getting out...
  4. Ghurlag

Review XY127: The Semifinal Full Battle! Satoshi VS Shōta!!

So, finally an Ash battle, and just for flavour we got to see Alain finish steamrolling the guy he was always going to beat. Oh hey, Charizard wins, what a surprise. The real surprise is that he somehow managed to switch in Metagross to lose a round for once. I must say that so far this battle...
  5. Ghurlag

Generation VII confirmed!

That would mean it loses an ability it already has, unless you're talking about adding a fourth ability slot? They've pretty much backed themselves into a corner on this, I suspect these new abilities will remain exclusive to this and future generations.
  6. Ghurlag

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

That image doesn't show anyone mentioning Bewear or Mimikyu.
  7. Ghurlag

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Well, these four certainly improve things from Bewear and Mimikyu. -- Bounsweet : seems to be quite obviously gunning for a 'baby' motif, so there's a strong possibility this will evolve. It looks an awful lot like Cherrim, but the descriptions about it bouncing don't seem to line up with it...
  8. Ghurlag

Riding: What are they going to do with it?

If walking time over the map was all there was to it, the games would all be terribly short. I imagine that riding Pokemon overland would work like riding bikes -- you still get wild Pokemon encounters, etc.
  9. Ghurlag

Trailers and News Discussion

Is there not more info from CoroCoro? We got the early-leaked two-page spread on those Pokemon, but it seems possible there might've been something else in that issue. If nothing else, Bulbapedia would benefit from better scans.
  10. Ghurlag

Would they really name anything, let alone a starter, Hoppop when Hoppip already exists? The only reason I could see them doing that would be if they were going to intentionally pair them, and that clearly isn't the case here. All sorts of inconsistencies in the story -- he played the game...
  11. Ghurlag

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Kiteruguma is really weird. If there's one thing we were missing, it was a deliberately-undetailed red panda teddy bear with what looks like a headband on its head and creepy vacant eyes. I'm just going to chalk this up to something the Japanese are into. Normal/Fighting might be an interesting...
  12. Ghurlag

Trailers and News Discussion

Oh thank god, we're not getting some other contrived form-change thing. Not sure how they're going to make these power-up moves work, but I'm willing to wait and see what they have there.
  13. Ghurlag

CoroCoro reveals new Pokémon Kiteruguma, Mimikkyu: Both have new Abilities

What? I could understand not being too bothered by this design -- perhaps you're not bothered by Pikaclones in general, or whatever -- but not seeing any problem with it at all? We already have Pokemon which are very similar to Pikachu, every generation. But at least these mostly just share...
  14. Ghurlag

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

We.. we already had the Pikaclone. How much of the Pokedex are they letting this mouse corrupt?
  15. Ghurlag

Actually, according to the translation, this leak seems to be explicitly saying that there is no 'Gym' structure to these games. See the smogon thread This would be a very big move for the series, not one that'll be accepted lightly. I'm quite dubious, to be honest. 1) I've yet to find a...
Back
Top Bottom