Recent content by glalieFTW

1. G

Review DP183: Raise the Curtain! Shin'ō League - Suzuran Tournament!!

On at least one occasion the Gastly/Duskull/other-ghost-type sound effect played when Conway showed up. Nice. :)
  2. G

DP184 - Barry VS Paul

I'm thinking that Paul might have the legendary pokemon because he's been sitting around with nothing to do for a while now since he got his 8th badge. Also, this league might be a good opportunity for gen V pokemon to be revealed. Remember Harrison with his Kecleon and Blaziken?
  3. G

Is Jasmine too obscure in the anime to reappear at Sunyshore?

I just re-discovered this thread. Turns out Jasmine has returned.
  4. G

Ash's Best Team

I was just exploiting the rules for my own fun. This is the team that I would actually pick: Pikachu (lock) Charizard (lock) Snorlax (lock) Sceptile (Fully evolved, powerful, fast, decent record) Glalie (Hoenn League powerhouse, always knocked out at least one opponent before going...
  5. G

Ash's Best Team

You cannot begin to imagine my disappointment. However: Therefor, my list is valid. On top of that, Pikachu knows Leer, Charizard knows Tackle, Staraptor knows Gust, and Bulbasaur knows Dig and Whirlwind. All of these moves are impossible in the games, therefor my moves are also valid...
  6. G

Ash's Best Team

Ash's best team, without a doubt would have to be: Butterfree (assuming it returns and learns Dream Eater and Scary Face) Gengar (assuming Haunter returns, evolves and learns Ancient Power and Destiny Bond) Primeape (assuming it returns and learns Water Pulse and Cross Poison) Pidgeot...
  7. G

Ash gets a Gible! Wait he doesn't? Look here it says he does!

If I remember correctly, Ash has been seen for short periods of time with Raticate, Haunter, Larvitar, Rapidash, Weezing, Arbok, Meowth, Hitmonlee, Raichu, etc. Does Ash battle with a Gible in just that episode? Does aGible get added to his team? Do we hear Ash say the trademark line, "I just...
  8. G

What is your favorite Pokemon battle in the anime?

Don't forget Ash vs Casey. ;)
  9. G

Next generation

As much as I like dreaming up best case scenarios, I think we all know that those won't happen. Based on how the anime has done its most recent series, I submit my prediction: We meet a new coordinator who chooses the Gen V grass type starter. Ash meets her and Pikachu roasts another...
  10. G

Most sad moment in pokémon yet?

For its pure lopsidedness, Ash getting pwned by Paul was the saddest looking effort ever in the anime. Didn't help that it was an 'on-hand' team going up against a master team.
  11. G

What is your favorite Pokemon battle in the anime?

Rule of thumb: If it includes Charizard, it's a good battle. Charizard vs Articuno
  12. G

Topic of Deus Ex Machina Plot Devices

Gym Battles / Frontier Battles give us most of the best endings. But my personal favorites: Dodge that Swift!! Dodge that Aerial Ace!!
  13. G

Is Jasmine too obscure in the anime to reappear at Sunyshore?

She will probably appear because it's a plot outline that's already been handed to the writer's, thereby making their jobs easier. It also has the benefit of tying DP to HGSS. Who knows? If they did do this, there's a decent chance that they'll throw in a flashback involving Cyndaquil vs Steelix.
  14. G

Do you think Ash will challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4?

Just a thought... If Ash battles the Elite Four and he can change his team between each match, that means that he could use anywhere between 6 and 24 pokemon (not including the battle against Cynthia). Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Ash have 6 pokemon with him, 16 with Oak and 2...
  15. G

ASH's Pokemon

How about this: Pikachu Charizard Snorlax Sceptile Glalie Swellow Personally, Pikachu, Charizard and Snolax are locks. Sceptile has Bulbasaur beat in the very important speed category, and the anime has historically favoured evolved pokemon. Glalie wasn't used much, but each time it...
Back
Top Bottom