Recent content by GreatLiver

1. GreatLiver

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Until proven otherwise, my headcanon is that Dipplin is the true evolution of Applin, and Flapple and Appletun are basically armor digivolutions.
  2. GreatLiver

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

Yeah, people who wanted some massive resolution to a 25 year story just in this episode were expecting too much. If the whole 11 episodes had had more of a narrative to it, that would have been reasonable, but trying to cram something like that into 22 minutes would have probably been far more...
  3. GreatLiver

Music Aim to Be a Pokémon Master -with my friends-

So funny to me there's not like, a real shot to use of the Orange Islands crew.
  4. GreatLiver

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

If they went the time jump parent route, this is legitimately the only route they would go.
  5. GreatLiver

Spoilers Pokémon UNITE

Genuinely not sure who this appeals to. I'm sure kids are gonna buy it just because it's got the pokemon name on it, but I've always seen mobas as appealing to a bit older of an audience. Teens and up. By that age I think those interested in that type of game are just gonna be playing lol...
  6. GreatLiver

June 24th Pokemon Presents Discussion

The only highlight was watching the number of dislikes on the video explode.
  7. GreatLiver

June 24th Pokemon Presents Discussion

Detective Pikachu for Switch trailer Pokemon Sleep Partnering with Tencent gets a fleeting mention. Let's Go 2 Johto In that order. It's mostly bullshit nobody particularly cares about to pad it out, and then they'll be like, "Weren't we so clever last week? Did you notice all the Johto...
  8. GreatLiver

Generation IV Remake Speculation

I'm really curious on peoples' purchasing practices when it comes to DLC. When a kid asks their parents for DLC, is that the sort of thing they say "wait for your birthday" or "wait for Christmas" for? I mean I guess they do, but that just seems so odd and foreign to me not having grown up with...
  9. GreatLiver

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

You say that as if it's a bad thing. The level scaling in GSC is historically atrocious with a fat chunk of the game being stuck around level 20 and the Kanto gyms barely scraping into the 50s. Regardless of what the starter choices end up being I pray to God they fix that as that's always been...
  10. GreatLiver

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

I'd see it as not unlikely for the version mascots to be Espeon and Umbreon. The only other pokemon that really scream Johto to me are the prerelease ones of Marill, Snubbull, and Togepi. Marill and Snubbull fit a similar mold to Pikachu and Eevee as being basic stage pokemon but don't think...
  11. GreatLiver

A dozen Gen II plushes taking up the bulk of the background during the presentation is significantly more tangible than, "that chair is purple, Majora's Mask is purple, character confirmed." Ishihara's usually just at his desk; this is a completely different spot. Maybe that's just because he...
  12. GreatLiver

Will Goh capture Legendary Pokemon?

I have to imagine he gets his hands on a few of them, particularly the ones along the lines Nicolas mentioned. Those with extensively built up lore are probably off the table, but we've been seeing the mythos of lower-tier legendaries effectively neutered for a very long time. The baby Lugia in...
  13. GreatLiver

Spoilers New Pokémon Snap

Can we talk about the name? Calling it New was dumb when they did it for Mario, and it's dumb here. Either giving it a subtitle or just calling it Pokemon Snap and letting people differentiate (1999) vs (2020) on their own would have been far better options in my book. Other than that, beyond...
  14. GreatLiver

I haven't been following remake discussion, but immediately keyed into Typhlosion in the background thinking that was an odd choice. Then realized that whole row was Gen II legendaries and starters. Kind of weird to have that front and center. The two Gen I plushes in the row can be handwaved as...
Back
Top Bottom