• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Greninjaman
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• I want to do a Pokémon fanfic that focuses mainly on the badge quest. After trying to do so with Kanto, I remembered something: Galar has a much more structured league than the ones before it (aside from Alola due to Alola not having the Badge Quest). I can very easily add to the league without really changing anything. One can't do this with Kanto due to there not being any rules to the thing. It's just going and getting 8 badges, then challenge the Elite 4 & Champion. No one watches those battles, unlike in Galar where the matches are watched (whether in person or TV).
    I decided to give Pokémon Unite a try, so I downloaded it. Couldn't even get past the trainer name screen. Every name I could think of was already in use. It got to a point where I just gave up.
    mastermind lissi
    mastermind lissi
    I had problems with that too. I gave up to the point where I was just typing random things, and I ended up with “nihilego”. It’s become a joke with me and my username for other sites before I joined this one. It is really annoying though.
    AddyNoSketchpad
    AddyNoSketchpad
    I was trying to make a Unite Squad, literally every name was either taken or invalid so now it's called "Enter_ValidName"
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    I wonder how they could improve the system (if that's even possible)?
    You know, I think I really like simple plots and stories. It's easier for me to understand and process when the premise is simple. Like, I can never get into complex stories. I once read the Inheritance books, but I don't really remember much about them aside from a boy becomes a Dragon Rider and saves the world from an evil king, whereas I remember the Magic Tree House books. The difference is due to how complex one series is compared to the other. If there is so much lore and stuff in them that it's very confusing, I will just end up very confused about what the heck is going on. I prefer simple, even when it comes to instructions, oddly enough. If it's clear what the movie/show/book is about lorewise, then I will be able to understand without asking a billion questions.
    Today, "Kirby and the Amazing Mirror" released on the NSO. It is a game that I have not played in a long time (don't even remember the last time). I have since beaten the game and almost 100%ed it. I never got a game over at all during the game.
    I think the reason I don't care about the Pokemon Characters (the human ones, anyway), is because why should I care about them when I know that most if not all of them will be gone when the next generation comes around? It's hard to form an attachment to a character when you know they will be gone next generation.
    guzmania
    guzmania
    that's definitely one way of looking at it, but to be honest i kind of disagree as i feel as though each gen/installment is meant to tell a story individually, with the one thing tying them all together being the pokemon name and the fact that they all take place within the same universe. there are a lot of series out there that have different casts for each new part or season or game - danganronpa, fire emblem, jojo's bizarre adventure, persona/smt, and many many others. if you view each game through a concentrated lens and try to appreciate them for the story they, as singularities, are meant to tell, then at least to me there becomes a lot more to enjoy about pokemon.
    i respect your point of view for sure though.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    There are characters that I liked in scarlet and violet. Like Arven. I guess the fact I didn’t do anything with the school after being released into paldea also is a factor. Like I went in, did the needed story stuff then never went back in except for the end of starfall street.
    I decided to at least give the Scarlet & Violet DLC a try. I zoomed through the beginning to get to the point where I can go to Kitakami. I did play around for a bit, but the same problems I had when going through Paldea (no waypoints or an on-screen indicator) caused my interest to go down. Having stopped, I will simply watch a youtuber I am subscribed to as they go through the DLC.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my first run of Pokemon Scarlet. Also, there were bugs and glitches (Like, I caught a Bellsprout and during the catching animation, the shadows of the plants faded in and out). In addition, going into town seemed to slow the game down a bit, at least for me. I am sticking with Gen 8 back. If future Pokemon games are being rushed, then I don't want to play. I don't mind glitches and bugs as long as they don't interfere with my ability to play. Like, if it's a glitch that you have to go out of your way to trigger (like the Mew Glitch in Gen 1), I don't care.
    In trying to do a Water Monotype Run in Pokemon Scarlet, I have come to a realization about me as a gamer: I want/prefer open-world games that have worlds that are smaller in scale to something like Pokemon Scarlet; Rather, I want something more like Legends: Arceus. Allow me to explain what I mean:

Instead of one giant open area (like Pokemon Scarlet/Violet), I want something like Legends: Arceus, where there are multiple smaller open-world zones (so more Open-Level than Open-World) that are connected to a Hub Area (like how Jubilife Village serves as the Hub Area for Legends: Arceus). I tend to get very lost in Open-World games, even with a map and waypoints (though they do help). I want at least something that points me in the right direction, something to keep track of what I am doing and where I am going next, something Legends: Arceus does.

Plus, I feel like I tend to lose interest in something like Pokemon Scarlet in comparison to Legends: Arceus. Too many cutscenes also would affect my interest (though this applies to really any game with cutscenes).
    I think my loss in interest in playing Pokemon Games also stems from me being more of a casual player. Who knows?
    Sobblefan
    Sobblefan
    grinding up a competitive team would also make you lose interest in playing pokemon games
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    That is true.
    skynerel
    skynerel
    I never play competitive because I don’t think that breeding the perfect pokemon, selecting natures or EV training are fun at all. Not to mention that only a handful of pokemon are actually viable for competitive so I’m might not be even able to use my favorites!
    I just made a post in the "Video games that you love but would never replay" thread, and it made me realize something: Maybe my loss of interest in playing the Pokemon games is more with the Pokemon themselves and not just the story? There are so many Pokemon that can be used on a team of six, that it's very hard to just pick six of them. Sure, I could rotate Pokemon in and out, but that would require more training.

The reason I like games like Final Fantasy is that the parties are small (usually [at least the ones I have played] have no more than six in the party at once), and each person has a specific role on the team (one person is a healer, one has Black Magic, one is brute force strength for example).
    Sure, there are games where people in the party come and go, but that's fine. At least there aren't 1013 characters to pick from in most of the games I have played!
    I am not going to worry too much about culture in my stories. The reason is, I don't really understand it enough to be able to write that sort of thing. Not really my thing.
    Well... I think I have reached that point. I no longer have an interest in playing the Pokemon games, even though I have said previously in a post that I made here on my profile wall that I would still play them. However, I think I know why: Not only am I burned out from playing Pokemon for the last 20 or so years, but I am a writer. Why play the games (even a challenge run) when I can just skip the challenge run and just write the story? I would have more freedom on what to do if I don't play the game compared to if I did. I would have to keep in mind where the Pokemon are for the planned team if I played through the game.

Like, let's say I decide to do a story about a character who wants to use only water types while going through the Kanto Region. In all the Kanto games other than 'Yellow' and 'Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee', I would only have the Squirtle and Magikarp Lines until I get the Good Rod in Fuchsia City and the Super Rod on Route 12. That's a long time. If I just write the story, I can have my character get Pokemon a lot sooner than that.
    Here is one thing I don't get about videos of ghost sightings: They say that the spirit in the video is a certain gender. Meanwhile, you have me, who only sees a vague human shaped shadow/mist with no discernible features. Like, how can you tell what gender it is or what it's even wearing?
    Name the odd one out:
    Charizard
    Moltres
    Ho-Oh
    Daren
    Daren
    My guess: Charizard, which isn't a Legendary.
    DawningWinds
    DawningWinds
    Depends on what you're going by. Charizard's the only non-Legend, Ho-Oh's the only one that isn't in the gen 1 games, and Moltres is the only one not associated with Ash in the anime.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    @DawningWinds
    @Daren

Correct.
    Charizard is indeed the only one of the three that is not Legendary (it's a Starter).
    Ho-Oh is the only one that is a Gen 2 Pokemon.
    Moltres indeed has no association to Ash.
    Reactions: Daren
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom