1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
henrymidfields
Last Activity:
Dec 17, 2017 at 8:59 AM
Blog Posts:
Birthday:
Jul 2, 1987 (Age: 30)
Sydney, Australia. (Hometown: Tokyo, Japan)
Architect

henrymidfields

Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣, 30, from Sydney, Australia. (Hometown: Tokyo, Japan)

Coming soon: Sheba from Golden Sun, Lost Age to be uploaded onto my gallery thread. Dec 17, 2017 at 6:41 AM

henrymidfields was last seen:
Dec 17, 2017 at 8:59 AM
    1. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Coming soon: Sheba from Golden Sun, Lost Age to be uploaded onto my gallery thread.
    2. henrymidfields
    3. henrymidfields
    4. Chibster
      Chibster
      Happy Birthday!
      1. henrymidfields likes this.
      2. henrymidfields
        henrymidfields
        Thank you! Long time no see; how are you?
        Jul 14, 2017
        Chibster likes this.
      3. Chibster
        Chibster
        You're welcome! My birthday was just last week haha. I'm also happy to report I've learned reading katakana, and hiragana for the most part! How are things on your end?
        Jul 20, 2017
    5. Cutiefly
      Cutiefly
      I saw May's and Robin's drawings. They are really beautiful. :)
    6. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      So this leaves Nagoya and Tokyo as the remaining major cities in Hoshido as our target. Sakura and I sincerely hope that the people would make the right choices and focus on reconstructing Hoshido...
    7. Cutiefly
      Cutiefly
      I'll check out your new artwork. And it's great that you are going to do May from Pokemon too. :)
    8. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Enju Gosho has been occupied by the 12th Columbian Army led by Corrin de Nohr, Mark-Alexander de Nohr, and Douglas Macarthur, and Princess Hinoka has been captured. They will advance up to Yamabuki City to stop Prince Ryoma and Hirohito's reign of madness.
    9. Cutiefly
      Cutiefly
      I am fine and I had a good Easter. How was yours?
      Also looking forward to your new artwork. :)
    10. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Douglas, Xander, and I are on the search for Prince Takumi of Hoshido. They are armed and dangerous. Please refer to the nearest Nohrian military personnel if you see him.
    11. Cutiefly
      Cutiefly
      How about Princess Peach from Mario?
    12. Shadao
      Shadao
      Say, now that the blogs are up again, do you think it's time to put the Shoyo Project back on schedule? Also, are you considering putting the project on a different site?
      1. henrymidfields
        henrymidfields
        Unfortunately, I've been quite busy with work as of late, and there's also my FE Fates Conquest LP that I want to finish. Yeah, the History of Shoyo is on hiatus until the LP is out of the way. Sorry mate.
        Apr 1, 2017
    13. Cutiefly
      Cutiefly
      I am looking forward to seeing your charcoal study piece of Serena. And as for other pick, how about May? XD
    14. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Johnny and I are starting to hate dealing with suicide-happy Hoshidon't POWs.
    15. System Error
      System Error
      GAME OVER: Return of Blogs :)
      1. henrymidfields likes this.
    16. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      So now I have 10,000 hits over at my Serenes Forest LP. We have also cleared Chapter 21 of Conquest, occupied Pyonyang, and about to make our move towards Seoul! God bless the United States of Nohr!
    17. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
    18. Shadao
      Shadao
      I do wonder if you have written your world building notes on a separate document as a backup. I find it useful in the event blog entries disappeared.
      1. henrymidfields
        henrymidfields
        I do have a master list of all the cities I've written up. I think in the meantime, I am going to concentrate on finishing up my FE Fates Conquest LP before moving to my History of Shoyo.
        Jan 29, 2017
    19. Cutiefly
      Cutiefly
      Hey there, Happy New Year! Hope this year is filled with lots of fun and happiness for you. :)
    20. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      The Kwantung Army has routed! Manchuria falls! Emperor Puyi surrenders to the Allied Forces! God bless the United States of Nohr! God save the King and his dominions of the Ylissean Commonwealth! http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64837&p=4637756 Next update for my FE Conquest LP at Serenes will not be until mid-January! Merry Christmas everyone!
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 2, 1987 (Age: 30)
    Sydney, Australia. (Hometown: Tokyo, Japan)
    Architect
    Favorite Generation:
    Generation II (Game Boy Color)
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Ho-Oh / Houou
    Favorite Region:
    Kalos
    Favorite Gym Badge:
    Lumiose City Voltage Badge
    Nintendo Network ID:
    Hisashi
    3DS Friend Code:
    Preamble
    As a Japanese expatriate/immigrant living in Sydney (now an Australian permanent resident), I welcome you to my humble abode. My life actually straddles in three countries: Japan (where I was born), USA (lived in 1992-96), and Australia (2004-present). I actually started being a fan of Pokémon when all of my American friends started to join the Pokemania in 1999, and while I had a break from it between Gen 3-5, I came back for Gen 6. I will be looking forward to Sun and Moon - though parts of me will always be attached to Gen 2/6.

Video games
    While I am not as much of a fan for Nintendo like I used to, the majority of games that I play to this day are from the company. When I was a child, I played a lot of Super Mario, before moving to Pokémon. Now, I regained my interest in Pokémon, and I am planning to play catch-up with Fire Emblem and Zelda. (As for Mario, I've lost a lot of love over the years, and I now refuse to touch any of their games anymore. Related to that, I also refuse to touch any of the Smash Bros games except N64.)

Fire Emblem
    I started playing Fire Emblem after I heard about the games in a Japanese Nintendo-related magazine in 2002, thus starting with Binding Blade. Currently, I am also currently working on my LP for Conquest...with an ironic twist. The twist is that Hoshido is an evil country of Axial dictatorship and tyranny, while (the United States of) Nohr is on the good side, hoping to be the beacon of Allied democracy. Yep, you guessed it, I've taken creative liberties to frame Conquest's story within WWII's Pacific Theatre! The irony kicks in when it's a Japanese-born gamer doing this. Link: Let's play Conquest (Normal Classic) - with WW2 Pacific Theatre spoofs! - Let's Play/Streams

PS Last week, I now have 5,000 views for my LP thread, to commemorate and give thanks: [spoilers][​IMG] [/spoilers]

Pokémon Anime
    While I've mostly moved on from the Pokémon Anime, I still sometimes see trailers for episodes and movies. Even though I haven't seen XY all that much, I have a soft spot for Amourshipping. I do sometimes wish I could escape into the Animeverse from the sometime complicated life I have in the real world, in fact. I still have fond memories of Ash, Misty, and Brock, and especially their adventures in Movie 3. (I am also hoping to write a crossover featuring Fire Emblem: Binding Blade's story in a present-day Pokémon Anime setting.)

Favourite Shippings
    I generally don't get too hyped with shipping in general, but even I have some exceptions. They are:
    • Ash x Serena (Pokemon XY Anime - Amourshipping)
    • Lance x Diantha (Pokémon generally - The Champions' version of Amourshipping)
    • Arthur x Azura (FE Fates)
    • Robin x Cherche (FE Awakening)
    • Roy x Lilina (FE Binding Blade)
    • Link x Malon (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

As for platonic friendships that I enjoyed watching (non-romantic A-supports in Fire Emblem):
    • Ash/Gary (Pokemon Anime - at the end of the Silver Conference and onwards)
    • Arthur/Azama (FE Fates)
    • Elise/Ryoma and Sakura/Xander (FE Fates) - their C-to-A-supports are great, but their S-support, I find very uncomfortable due to the large age gap.
    • Donnel/Kellam, surprisingly enough (FE Awakening)
    • Dieck/Rutger (FE Binding Blade)
    • Link/Zelda (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Real world stuff
    As for my real world stuff, I studied Architecture (both Bachelor and Master) at the University of Melbourne in 2006-2012, and also Master of Heritage Conservation at University of Sydney in 2012-2016. I actually prefer to repair with vintage of yesteryear instead of designing the cutting edge. I'm also planning to publish works on my research on heritage conservation in Japan - starting with the Tokyo Station restoration project (2007-2012), which I wrote in Semester 1, 2016, my final days at Sydney University.

As for my hobbies aside video games, I like:
    • reading and learning about history,
    • cycling around,
    • sketching buildings and artwork, and
    • playing my clarinet

Signature

[​IMG]
    Fire Emblem Conquest LP - over at Serenes Forest - Ch 24 Gameplay Updated
    henrymidfield's pencil sketches at Bulbapedia
    Official claimer of Leaf, Misty, Caeda (Fire Emblem), and Paula (Earthbound)!