• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
henrymidfields
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey I went to Port Washington again today. There was an Asian American festival and it was pretty cool. :)
    Chibster
    Chibster
    PW is now full of rich people, many of which own expensive cars and don't know how to drive them. :x The only reason I really go with is for North Shore Animal League or if there's an event such as this one.

The festival was really nice, it had Indian, Chinese, Korean, Pakistani and Japanese things but I still wish it had more. There were performances on stage including Indian traditional dance, Chinese lion dance and a koto performance! Sadly, no anime/manga stuff, but there were many tents for things like saree wrapping, henna tattoos, local businesses, tea ceremony, etc. It was on a beach park, so we (as in my dad and my friends) just went for a nice beach stroll after and we looked for seashells. I wish there was a kimono tent, my friends and I really wanted to try the kimono like the koto players (who also ran the tea ceremony tent) were wearing!
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    Chibster
    Chibster
    That is soooo true x'D
    I remember how you have written last names for anime and game characters that don't, like Ash and Red for example, in a blog before the blog was wiped out. I wonder if you are still keeping the names or if you have changed them in between those times. Because while I like most of these head-canon, a part of me disagrees with some of them.
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    Ah, I forgot to re-upload that. Yeah, I'll put that up again for everyone to see.
    Reactions: Shadao
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    For the most part, I'm going to keep the names, but I'm not ruling anything out, so by all means disagree away.
    Reactions: Shadao
    Travel warning - Evacuation notice: Ultimate weapon upon activation near Bourg-de-Cromlac'h (Geosenge Town). Please evacuate immediately. The Shoyoese Air Self-Defense Force and Shoyo Airlines have organised extra flights between Illumis Charles De Gaulle (Lumiose City) and Yamabuki-Kuchiba (Safferon-Vermillion) and Kogane-Johto (Goldenrod-Johto) International Airports. - Shoyoese Embassy, Illumis 渡航危険情報・避難命令:クロムラ町(Bourg-de-Cromlac'h;セキタイタウン)にて最終兵器がフレア団の配下に落ちました。直ちに避難してください。昇陽国航空自衛隊・昇陽航空によるイルミCDG(Illumis;ミアレ)国際空港~山吹(朽葉)・黄金(上都)両国際空港の増発便が手配されています。どうぞ避難・帰国にご利用下さいませ。 在イルミ昇陽大使館
    Notice: New passports has been arranged for all former Rosanne nationals. Please contact your local administrative embassy/consulate.
    (forgive me sensei, I need to borrow my hiragana chart for this)

Alrighty it reads... ko ni chi wa (so it's not "ha in this case). Ii ka ga de su ka. (Hello, how are you?) I'm good! How are you? Sorry, I'm too lazy to write in Japanese rn. :p
    I got a question, sensei! Why does はchange to wa?
    Reactions: henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    That's a relic from the old days (mainly pre-WW2) when the "H" alphabets (はひふへほ) were often used in substitution for both the non-consonant alphabets (あいうえお) and the "W" alphabets (わを). One of the stations in Tokyo (O-tsuka) was spelt as おほつか instead of the present form おおつか. Likewise, "to say/speak" (i-u) was spelt as いふ instead of the present form as いう.
    henrymidfields
    henrymidfields
    In actual present-day usage, there are still a couple of conversions with ha -> wa. The "ha" used as a connector between words, or otherwise used as a "be/is/am" verb is another case where you pronounce as "wa". Example: わたし は ヘンリー。(Watashi wa Henry. Trans: I am henry(midfields).)
    Chibster
    Chibster
    Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the late response! I've been on winter vacation and this week is my last before 2nd semester starts. :'( How is everything?
    Notice: The Dukedom Rosanne has been annexed by the Empire of Valm. Please contact your nearest embassy/consulate for more information.
    Warning: Goldenrod Radio Tower siege. Parts of Midosuji Ave has been shut down by police. Please avoid unecessary travel to/from the area.
    Yes, please do that! :D ありがとう! I really have to practice memorizing and writing, but I've been neglecting it due to college. xD

I read a few of them! I remember there was one about Gold/Ethan and Lyra/Kotone. I wanted to comment, but I didn't really know what to say (in a good way, of course).

So what did you think of Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions?!
    Flood warning (cont): Evacuations are being arranged through the Sanyo Maglev and Poke-Japan Airlines between Rustboro and Goldenrod.
    Flood warning: Strong winds and showers across Hoenn. Please evacuate immediately. (Rosanne Consulates in Rustboro and Goldenrod)
    The Chrom x Sumia support convos made me wonder what rhubarb pie tastes like. xD Hmm for Lyn I'm kind of tied with Eliwood x Lyn, Hector x Lyn, and Kent x Lyn. (though I like Kent x Lyn just a bit more than the other two.)

Also, guess what! Slowly but surely, I'm learning hiragana!
    Travel warning: Yamabuki City. High levels of criminal activity from Team Rocket has been reported in the CBD. Please reconsider travel. AoR
    Hmm good question! Actually, it's more like she's always trying to get Chrom's attention and all. Oh and like I mentioned before, I feel like Chrom x Sumia was really implied and I really hated it! I'm fine with anyone else being Chrom's wife, except Sumia. xD Do you like them as a pair though?
    I do. Wind Ensemble is actually a class at my school, and I'm also enrolled in the Jazz Band class, though it takes the place of my study hall, so I'm not graded on it.
    It does, but I would have to say Sword of Seals was soo much harder. I don't think I ever want to play it again. x_x Have you noticed that Ricken has a small horse, compared to everyone else's horse? xD

Hmm I really approve of all of your pairings, especially Donnel x Sully. My only exception is...*drum roll* you guessed it, Chrom x Sumia! I like Sumia as a character, I really do, but I absolutely loathe Chrom x Sumia! xD It's so implied; she's in the intro with Chrom*and* she has her own cutscene with Chrom titled "Lovebirds"! I personally think the Avatar (or any of the other girls, really) are a better match for sir Prince Chrom.
    I heard a rumor you were at one point a clarinetist? Same! I am currently the first chair for my high school's Wind Ensemble.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…