• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
H
Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What is THIS!?!? So many Hetalia things I've never seen... I clicked the Britain flash game as soon as I saw it, lol!
    Yeah. His role in the series got a lot better from Battle City. Being actually serious in duels and not to mention actually getting good cards for his deck. (JINZO IS AWESOME :D)
    His duel against Esper Roba was great. It played on luck but I liked the effect of Roulette Spider being played. Not to mention the two dices.

One of the best duels in Battle City HAS to be Yugi VS Arkana though. (o.o)
    (THAT EPISODE IS ONE EPISODE THAT IS WAY BETTER IN ORIGINAL YOU SHOULD FIND IT AND SEE IT)
    Oh, I know. Not sure why. I guess I would've if I were in their shoes. It's kinda odd though, that Finland would be the reason why they would find America.
    Oh, I know!! He is SOOOO cute! And I just love him with Britain. They are so cute together.
    I know, what a turn of events. Poor America. It sounds painful, breaking his foot.
    Joey became more serious and skilled in duels from Battle City imo.

His deck is more awesome too. (Jinzo :D)
    Yes he is. :D

Funny you say that, because my sister just got an America plush as well. But unfortunately, those are the only two I've seen plushs of. But I've only checked Amazon.com, so they might exist on other sites.

Oh yes, when Germany was yelling out his Italian? That was pretty fantastic. I also like the one where he has to go "save" Italy when Italy and Romano got their hair tangled up while they were in bed. That whole situation was hilarious. I also like the episode where Britain is doing his black magic, and Russia pops up. Russia's like an evil teddy bear.
    Yep, not to mention the introduction of 'proper' dueling.
    Sure, those special effects in Duelist Kingdom's duels were fun, but I found them too silly. :/
    I must have watched too much of YGO Abridged but whatever ^^'
    The original series started to be awesome from Battle City (obviously because that's where they stick more to real life game rules).

The filler seasons were pretty good too.
    Germany's definitely one of my top favorite characters. But Britain's my number one (I've got a plush of him, actually), followed by Switzerland. Who else do you like?

I love the banner! "D This is a random thought, but I really liked Germany's hair in that episode with Grandpa Rome. But one of my favorite episodes is the German Supermarket simulation. The way Greece and Spain are slooooowly ringing up the groceries gets me every time.
    Yeah, the new stuff is good, only that it can be better. :D

What's your favorite series of YGO so far? I like 5D's the best, but the first ever series is also great. Not to mention that's where I started; I watched the series from the first episode of when I lived in US.
    True, but depending on how US chooses the age rating, I think some dubs will stay similar to original.

Here (I live in Korea), depending on age rating, they censor/keep content. Even if it's about the same series, depending on what time/channel it airs on, the dub can be different. I find that anime aired on cable stays to original pretty well, even if recommending a higher age rating.
    I've mostly only got pictures of Britain... :p

AHHH, THANKS! I didn't know there was a site full of gifs!! Mmm, I'll definitely put these to good use... I might want to use one of Poland. He's just hilarious. :D
    Well, maybe it's due to the age rating plus culture differences. Japan is overall loose on ratings, you can see in their anime/manga. *shrugs*

Still, I find 5D's dub pretty good. Edits weren't too bad, just a bit here and there that don't affect the plot greatly. And the names of the characters haven't changed too much either in general.
    In fact, some episodes were even better (and funnier) in dub imo. Like the episode in which Crow battles Bashford (the guy that lived near the 'mountain range of junk' XD).
    The dub added hilarious dialogue to that episode. XD
    Mhmm, I was surprised that it was good. And constructing a deck isn't so hard either. The deck that you're given at the start is actually pretty good. 0_o

Yep! If you see into Wiki articles, there were also changes in plot due to 4Kids censoring some content (like the concept of death).

Yes, especially from GX. The very first series of YGO actually followed manga so there weren't much differences (just slight bits), but from GX, I noticed that there had very different plots. o.o
    There's a lot of really good Hetalia fanart. I enjoy searching for some when I'm bored. ^_^

Have you gotten to the episode where Russia jumps out of a helicopter? I want to find/make that scene as a gif for my background so badly. Every time I watch that part, I die laughing.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom