• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!
Hidden Mew
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Have you seen the new Lucario plushie on the Pokemon Center? It's the same one on your avatar :)
    Reactions: Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I just saw it. My avatar is one of the new artwork for the Pokemon Halloween merchandise for this year. I just fell in love with in instantly. I was hoping that the plush Lucario would be available in the U.S. Pokemon Center. Needless to say, I plan on getting one because it is so adorable.
    Alright seeing as how that chat is starting to get long, and buried soon I'm gonna start it new, and move it up here again.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Yeah I can see how that could definitely be highly annoying. As for the free gems, well after I used the 6000 for two 10 count summons and didn't get a 5 star unit (and only one 4 star) I pretty much just gave up on the game already. I have heard you can get a Sinnoh Stone via battling but I haven't tried it myself yet. And as for the 7 day Pokestops, well I usually don't hit day 7 too often so I miss out a bunch of the time there. That's unfortunate though that you could only evolve one Ralts that day.

Yeah I'd seen about a week ago it was essentially confirmed when a datamine showed a Seto Kaiba from the movie with like 5 exclusive skills. Didn't wanna be the one to let you know though as I didn't want to disappoint. I could have seen this world being introduced as an attached world though, sort of like the D.D. Towers events. But yeah ultimately I feel like they're doing this now because, unlike the GX world since it introduced nothing new, they probably don't want to jump into Xyz yet since there is a bunch of Synchro and 5Ds they can still do. Maybe this is only like a 6 month hold over, and come March they'll introduce a Zexal world instead of making us wait a full year for a new world. You never farm Legendary Duelists to try to unlock skills?

I could have seen her being a villain this season only if she used a chip like Onizuka had, and then because of it tried using those AI the company was making to try to take over the world or something, because it's not Yu-Gi-Oh! without someone trying for world conquest or to erase all of humanity. I was trying to watch the second half back in the day but it just sort of became way too all over the place for me to enjoy it. Who knew only a few short years later we'd get another series all over the place like this.

I would be perfectly fine with Aoi's world not being revolved around Yusaku too if Aoi was also a more credible duelist. Since she isn't and he always has to come to save her then her whole world may as well just revolve around him anyway. At least if she did know his identity sooner it could have at least done a better job of solidifying them having a good friendship form, if nothing else.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I don't blame you. It can be annoying difficult to get any good pulls from Masters. My luck was pretty good at first, but now I keep getting the same characters and I couldn't even get more than one Rock type trainer for the recent event. I'm going to have to be more careful with my free gems, at least until I go through more of the storyline, but it just so annoying. You can get a Sinnoh Stone via battling, but even that's pretty rare. I live near a few Pokestops, so I don't normally have a problem with getting to the seven day mark.

I just saw the leak via a YouTube thumbnail, so I figured that it was going to be more than just an event. I'm sure that it will be cool and fun, but it really feels like an excuse to have more DM nostalgia, even though the movie is pretty recent itself. I wouldn't mind getting a Zexal world in the spring. That would be better than waiting a whole year and they'd have more time to do more with Synchro monsters and 5D's world. It would still mean that an Arc V world would be two years away at most, which is really the most disappointing part about this for me. I farm Legendary Duelists for their cards, but trying to get Skills from them is pretty inconsistent. I tend to have better luck unlocking Skills through PvP duels. Although, I got three of Jack's Skills unlocked by having him duel Dark Signer Carly before, so that was pretty neat.

Queen might have worked as minor villain, but I think she just didn't have enough presence to be a major villain of the season. It really did seem like they were setting something for her up given that SOL Technology captured Earth, but that entire subplot was pretty pointless. I don't blame you about Zexal. While I think that the second half is an improvement, it still has plenty of its own problems. I'd say it is okay at best. Vrains makes me frequently wants to apologize for hating Zexal so much. I still don't like the series, but Zexal at least had a semblance of effort put behind it. Yuma has more personality than Yusaku ever did, even if he was still annoying, and at least Yuma wasn't the only character that mattered. Vrains has all the flaws of Zexal plus its own problems and cracked it up to eleven.

Yeah, that's a big reason why I don't understand people being thankful that at least she doesn't revolve herself around Yusaku. She has to be rescued all the time, so it really isn't that noteworthy. Plus, she doesn't have any noteworthy connections aside from Akira and maybe Emma, although the latter always felt so forced to me. Honestly, knowing who Yusaku was much earlier in the series could have given them some kind of relationship. That is one reason why I feel like Yusaku and Takeru's friendship is believable. Having the chance to interact outside of Link Vrains, despite being so rare, and being more honest with each other does help to establish a believable connection. I don't think that Yusaku and Aoi would have been able to have a noteworthy connection, but there could have been at least something as opposed to the nothing we did get for them.
    Reactions: Ebail
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Yeah, while I know I shouldn't care about not pulling a 5 star unit, well when I didn't care much about the game right away in general it was just enough to turn me completely away. Yeah you definitely need to be careful about your gems. I mean this certainly seems like the type of game when you never know when a new banner with a character you really want will show up. I've never even had a battle yet so never had that chance for one. See that's where my problem is. I always miss day seven, which is my day off cause right around me there are no stops, as opposed to work since it's a beach town which would of course have a bunch of foot traffic and thus many Pokestops.

Yeah I know how you feel. While I don't mind the DM nostalgia that much, since the game was originally made and seemingly intended to just be DM only, it certainly is upsetting to know Arc-V is pushed back as much as it would be. I'm sure it is far more upsetting for you. Well that's fair enough. From PvP I tend to only unlock rather generic skills like Draw Pass. I try to farm the Legendary Duelists for them more so only because I always know their deck so it's easy enough to figure out a counter before the duel, as a opposed to a random PvP opponent.

Well I mean this is Vrains we're talking about so she could have easily been a major villain just because the series was all over the place. I will give Zexal enough credit to say it did have some high moments. While it did irk me a bit that they never had Yuma beat Kaito for one thing, you could see they at least tried with it as you said and did seem like they really wanted the plot to go somewhere. Vrains is just...well it kind of makes me think of Seinfeld's slogan "a show about nothing" since essentially all the subplots, and even bulk of the main plot really amount to nothing.

Exactly. It's like okay if you're happy they aren't shipped in the show heavily whatever, but they could have still had a valid connection and been platonically connected. Just so each had one more deep bond, or in the case of Yusaku one deep bond in the first place. I'll give you the friendship with Takeru though now that I think about it. Even if the bulk of it was just because they were working together to take down enemies, becoming friends and interacting mostly outside of Link Vrains did help to make it seem like they actually do have a bond and formed a friendship. But yeah, Yusaku and Aoi could have at least had a solid friendship going for them, at the least.
    The end begins October 7, 2019 only on Disney Channel and the DisneyNOW app

Season 3's premiere will be a 1 hour event.
    Season 3 premiere description:
    Rapunzel returns to the kingdom of Corona only to find that it has been taken over by an old enemy. Still reeling from Cassandra’s betrayal, Rapunzel must use her inner strength to save Corona and its people, including her parents, King Frederic and Queen Arianna. Sticking by her side is her partner in life, Eugene; her loyal chameleon sidekick, Pascal; no-nonsense and dutiful horse, Maximus; and Eugene’s best friend, Lance.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's really great news. I was hoping for season three to start this month, but waiting another month is okay too. At least we have a release date and information on the premiere. My guess is that Varian took over the kingdom while Rapunzel was away and now she and her friends will take it back during the hour long premiere. They may also want to get Varian involved somehow with the conflict. I hope that season three will be good.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    Indeed. But I'm pretty sure we're in for a good ride. Most of the production crew have pretty much all but said Season 3's to die for.
    Whenever they're asked what their favorite episode in the entire series is, they say it comes from Season 3, but can't reveal which episode it is yet for obvious reasons and that the mid-season event ("Cassandra's Revenge" according to a script leak) is heavily regarded as one of the season's best episodes whenever the staff vaguely brings it up.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's really cool. The series has been terrific from the start, but season three potentially having that many great episodes for the production crew is really cool. The mid-season event sounds like it's going to be quite intense. It is really impressive that the storyline is so engaging considering that we know at least the movie characters are going to be fine. I wish that the series had gotten better treatment from Disney Channel, but at least the staff got three seasons to tell the story just like they wanted.
    Hey. Nice profile picture!

Welp, at D23 yesterday, it was confirmed that the Disney+ Phineas and Ferb film's title has been finalized
    as Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe. The movie will release sometime in 2020.

Meanwhile, in Japan, I don't wanna jump the gun just yet, but the Sword & Shield anime series might finally
    be revealed at the airing of next week's episode as a summary says that there'll be a major announcement during SM137's airing.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Thank you! I really like my new avatar too. I didn't see those new images of the Phineas and Ferb movie. It looks pretty cool. I'm hoping that they'll eventually be able to make a new season of Milo Murphy's Law too. I just saw that bit of information on Serebii and my first thought was a SWSH anime announcement. That would make the most sense for a world exclusive announcement, especially when they'd have a couple of months worth of promotion for the new series. Plus, I'd just really love to have something solid to speculate about the new series and know for sure who will be joining the cast.
    Right, I forgot to ask now that it's officially out in the US. Did you get Legacy of the Duelist?
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Not yet. I wanted to make sure that they didn't butcher the physical release. I might have been too paranoid, but this is Konami and they have pulled that stunt before. Fortunately, based on the trailer they revealed yesterday, that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll either order it online later today or go down to my local GameStop to buy it tomorrow. I am so excited to play as Arc V characters and I was really happy to see that even Odd Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon is in the game.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Well that's a pretty valid reason to not get it. I can understand that. When you do get it one way or another I hope you'll have a lot of fun, and enjoy playing it. And yeah no need to specify that, I know you well enough to know you're mainly just looking for the Arc-V story in the game haha. Yep you can make a full Odd-Eyes deck in this game thanks to that being included.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I just wanted to emphasize my excitement for the Arc V storyline and characters. I just hope that the new rule format with Link monsters doesn't make it too hard for an Odd Eyes deck to work in the game.
    a new avatar? What's the world coming to xD
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    It is one of the rare times I change avatars outside of Christmas time. Thank you. ^_^
    Reactions: dig
    I like the new avatar. Feel like it suits you pretty well.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Thank you. I'm happily surprised to see that so many other people like it as well.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    You're very welcome. And I could see why. It is good to see others enjoying it rather than giving you any grief over your avatar.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That is certainly a nice and appreciated difference from that experience.
    Welp, a new Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series has just started production and will be premiering sometime next year.
    View: https://www.twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1152820954948464641

So long, Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS and good riddance. I honestly jumped ship after the first arc had ended.
    Hopefully the next series will actually be better than its predecessor. :ROFLMAO:
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Sorry that I didn't check your previous messages. I heard the news about Vrains ending this month. I knew that its timeslot was given to another series for October, but I am kind of shocked that they're actually ending the series this soon. There were signs pointing to that and I wanted Vrains to end sooner rather than later, but I didn't think that was going to happen. I kind of hope that having a longer break between this and the next series can help with any production issues and especially so that the staff isn't overworked even further. I'd also love it if Konami took the time to fix the card game rules so that players aren't forced to use Link monsters or whatever new summoning method they'll introduce next.

The only downside of Vrains ending this month for me is really the amount of people complaining about Arc V some more. Because people still harass and belittle fans two years after it ended, which is why I try to avoid the fanbase like the plague it is. That part of the fallout is definitely going to be annoying and frustrating for me, but the bitter part of me is quite happy knowing that Vrains couldn't even last three full years.
    Galar Adventurer
    Galar Adventurer
    It's cool. But yeah, the suffering has ended (hopefully). Vrains will be concluding on September 25, 2019.
    Same here. I hope we get some news on the next series soon but we'll still probably have to wait until Jump Festa.

But I agree on the TCG/OCG. Imo, Links were unnecessary. Reformatting the field to force players to put their Pendulum cards
    in the Spell/Trap Card Zone I get, but Master Rule 4 completely screws over the Pendulum Monsters' mechanic and some other archetypes
    in the game now making some of them virtually useless as some archetypes don't even have Link support yet. I honestly feel bad for the players
    that invested all of their real life cash into constructing Decks with those archetypes and only to have the Master Rule 4 format come in and mess everything up for them.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I am still pretty surprised about it, but it does explain a lot. They wouldn't have already announced a new series back in July if Vrains wasn't close to wrapping up. There also aren't any other villains and most of the cast is out of commission. If there were more villains and if Vrains actually cared about anyone besides Yusaku, they could have stretched it at least a bit longer, but as it was, I was having a really hard time imagining how the series could last for the rest of the year, let alone until next spring. It's a shame that we don't even have the new lead's design at least, but they probably are going to hold off on that until Jump Festa. I just hope that we get a different head writer. Anyone would be a step up from Yoshida practically.

That is a big reason as to why I don't think that Link monsters are that popular. Most new mechanics have backlash from varying degrees at first, but the reception gets more positive over time. I didn't really get the impression that happened with Link monsters. Most fans I've talked to didn't like that players are basically forced to use Link monsters and the changes to the rules effectively ruined a lot of archetypes. It's such backwards logic to change the game to force a new mechanic in rather than making a new mechanic fit with the established rules. I still wonder if the negative reception towards Link monsters factored into Vrains' shorter run. That might have been the case if the more recent cards haven't been selling as well as Konami would want them to. I'm not sure what kind of new mechanic they'll introduce for the next series, but hopefully it will be better than Link monsters and they can alter the rules to fix what Link monsters damaged.
    This season on DuckTales...

Season 3 guest stars:
    Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers

Daisy

Goofy
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That was a pretty cool trailer. It's nice to see them incorporate other Disney characters like Goofy and Daisy. I was wondering if at least Daisy would show up. DuckTales is a pretty good fun show. Delia's return was fantastic too, so hopefully the rest of season two and season three will be fun to watch as well.
    And happy bulbaversary to ya! While I may not have met you until two years ago I'm still glad you joined here and have been around so I got the chance to meet a pretty awesome person.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you. You're a really great person too. I always forget my Bulbaversary and it is amazing to think how long I've been a part of this site, but I'm glad that I did since I became friends with you and quite a few other users too.
    I'm gonna go respond to the rest of the chat in a little bit but first, yeah that Extra Monster Zone is a real inconvenience. This took so much time and extra effort to pull off.

Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Yeah, I imagine that can make some of the decks that rely heavily on the Extra Deck summoning hard to pull off. I'm still pretty excited about playing as Zarc though. I love your Yuya avatar by the way.
    So I've finally started the Arc-V story and they just didn't even try with some of these decks. It's like for the story based deck Yuya pre Junior League Championship his deck has at least 2 copies of Graceful Charity which he never once used, especially since its been banned since GX days.

Not to mention they didn't bother updating DM character decks. Their all still the same original Legacy of the Duelist decks despite cards coming out after that game was made that characters used. Like Dark Sanctuary could have been added to Yami Bakura's Battle City deck.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    I do feel bad for the fans of the series, especially when a rushed sudden ending to a series is pretty rough, but I'm still pretty happy that the series will be over sooner rather than later. The only real downsides for me are the amount of people who will use Vrains' rushed ending to complain further upon Arc V, like the nonsense that Arc V's supposed production problems affected Vrains, and that people will still say that Vrains has a better finale than Arc V. People still complain about that ending, but I seriously doubt that the Vrains finale will actually be more interesting or meaningful than the Arc V finale.
    Ebail
    Ebail
    Definitely. The only time she was a real handful was when she'd have Future Visions in her starting hand. Even then I'd just try to counter her using Jack with Vice Dragon and A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon or something. I'd been skipping on it due to Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle's 300 million players download event. All the different stuff going on there really distracted me from her event. Hopefully her second event adds some more dialogue outside of the duels instead of just rehashing the same stuff. I mean you never know because they've done it with other duelists. As far as the Yusei and Kiryu goes I'd just like to think it's an oversight. Similar to how when Yugi first arrived he had nothing special with anyone, including Yami (heck they couldn't even duel each other) due to him being considered the same character, an issue later fixed.

Geez that's crazy. Reminds me of last year when someone came to tell me Dragon Ball Super was ending in 3 weeks at the time out of the blue. Seems like there's no spaced on time of telling anymore. Vrains though, what a rushed series. Done in just a little over two years with so minimal done. But you're right this episode did immediately give off a vibe of a final duel with them saying about how Yusaku said he was going and Revolver giving his farewell to him plus Ai saying this was the duel to decide who gets to live. Agreed. If they wanted to roll with the idea of Ai was leading Yusaku into finding him one day to form an actual team so humans and AI could live together it would work and make sense, but Ai leading him just so he'd start his quest for revenge just feels too forced.

Yeah I mean we're going to get what now, an episode of closure? One where everyone revives and you see everyone move on with their lives. If anything everyone should have been revived first and then the Playmaker and Ai duel should have taken place for the fate of their future. Just like all the prior series have always done, have that one last post duel to close the series on a less somber note. Err aside from DM since that final duel meant the end of Atem. Even still though. Like you said all this has shown is that no one really matters besides Yusaku for the most part. Especially Aoi. I guess they had her just meet Yusaku just so they could say they went through with them meeting. What did we get from it though? A handshake that made Aoi smile and that's it. At least a tag duel or something could have been nice, but ehhh it's bad all around.

Same, I do feel bad for the fans too. Even if we don't like it that doesn't mean others don't enjoy the show...for some reason. It ending now just saves me the trouble of remembering to watch it on Wednesdays after work. Don't you worry about those people complaining though. People are always going to complain about something no matter what. We both know Vrains ending will no way be better or even close to the ending of Arc-V. All I could have used from the ending of Arc-V was seeing that duel between Yuya and his father.
    Hidden Mew
    Hidden Mew
    Fusion Vision definitely made things more difficult, but I was farming her with a Red Eyes deck, so it was pretty easy to avoid it. I do wish that the scenes had Jack and Carly confess their love for each other, but they were mostly sticking with the dub dialogue from what I could tell. Yusei and Kiryu could have been an oversight or they didn't have time to record all of the new dialogue in time for the first event. Yugi and Yami Yugi not being able to duel each other for so long was such a weird decision.

Vrains being over in a little over two years is just insane. It's even stranger when you factor in that the premiere was delayed until May and it would have already been over if they had been able to start around April like they normally do. Ai leading Yusaku to find him so that they could become a team and prove that humans and Ai could coexist would have made so much more sense. That actually would have fit with what Yusaku has been trying to prove since season two and it still would have given him some agency in his own story. As it is, it just takes away his motivation and makes him look like even more of a generic Gary Stu protagonist.

Releasing everyone so that they could watch the duel would have been a good choice, but then we wouldn't have an artificial way of increasing the tension. Plus, the writers would have to care about giving the other characters screentime and dialogue when it was much easier to just put everyone in a coma. We'll be lucky if they devote even half of the finale to showcase how the other characters are doing, but it's going to feel really moot when so many of their storylines, if not all of them, felt so meaningless. The characters themselves may not have been pointless exactly, but their overall impact on the plot felt so minimal at best and I'm just wondering what was the point of most of them. Why bother having Onizuka revert back to his season one characterization when he barely interacts with Yusaku before his last duel? Why have Aoi learn who Yusaku is when she's just staying by her brother's side? Why have Aoi want to be stronger to protect people when she loses all of the time? Why devote so much time to hype up Spectre initially when he's just used as canon fodder for the rest of the series? It is just so painfully bad that it is almost impressive in a weird way.

I've seen some more positive reactions to Vrains and while I don't agree with it, people are obviously welcomed to enjoy it as long as they aren't being jerks about it. A series that you enjoy getting a rushed conclusion is pretty rough, but this is still pretty satisfying news for me. Despite how often I complain about Vrains, I still often forget that it exists on Wednesdays. Having more time to watch shows I actually like is going to be great. I know that it shouldn't bother me, but the amount of hate Arc V still gets for its ending bothers me so much. I'm already expecting people to still prefer the Vrains finale, despite how it's practically guaranteed that it's going to be a rushed job and quite possibly the most rushed finale we've seen thus far.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…