• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Recent content by Hidden Mew

1. Hidden Mew

Is the English dub on its last legs?

I forgot that TPCI tweeted about Movie 22 before. That does make the lack of news for its dub more strange in a way, especially when they usually announce a new movie with its dub title or initial trailer. The official YouTube page for the Japanese version did upload the first episode of the...
  2. Hidden Mew

I think that they are a couple of weeks or so behind the Disney XD airings, but that still could potentially weaken viewership. I always assumed that they started doing that to make up for Disney XD not being as widely accessible compared to Cartoon Network. That is a bit of a different...
  3. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't think it was cheating. Choosing who to fight during the Battle Royal was a reasonable strategy. Plus, I don't think that it would have made sense for match ups like Ash vs. Gladion to happen during that chaotic free for all. Saving that for later on in the tournament made sense from both...
  4. Hidden Mew

I really doubt that the dub is going to be cancelled. I don't think that the ratings would matter that much to TPCI when the anime is designed to promote the games and other merchandise. No word on Movie 22's dub and no dub sneak peak thus far are both strange and questionable decisions, but...
  5. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I don't think that the Battle Royal in the Alola League bothered me that much. I do agree with the general complaints about it. It was too chaotic as basically a free for all and a rushed attempt to get through the preliminary round as quickly as possible. The main problem I have with it is...
  6. Hidden Mew

They've included some of the support cards Jack used in Arc V, so they could eventually have...

They've included some of the support cards Jack used in Arc V, so they could eventually have another box devoted to his new Dragons too. Farming can be a bit too time consuming, especially if you want to get all of the rewards and cards. It's going to be even harder now with playing through the...
  7. Hidden Mew

Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

I just caught nine Shiny Chimchar during Community Day. I haven't had that much good luck during Community Day since the Mudkip event. I caught a lot of Chimchar, so I had more than enough candies to evolve two regular Chimchar and two Shiny Chimchar.
  8. Hidden Mew

I really don't understand how twenty episodes is now considered an absurd amount for the gap between the two series. Even 4Kids was often about a year or so behind the Japanese version when they had the series. Maybe I'm just used to larger gaps, but twenty episodes is really not a terrible...
  9. Hidden Mew

That's really cool that they're already including Crow's Arc V cards. I wonder when they'll...

That's really cool that they're already including Crow's Arc V cards. I wonder when they'll release Jack's Red Scarlight and Tyrant Dragon cards. Having more Blackwing cards definitely sounds good. I was surprised that it took them this long to release more support for the archetype considering...
  10. Hidden Mew

I could have sworn that they stopped airing weekday reruns for Pokemon during XY. I could be mistaken, but I'm positive that they didn't have weekday reruns during the last XY season at least. At most, I think that they had a rerun on Sunday, but not during the weekdays by a certain point. I'm...
  11. Hidden Mew

PREVIEW: Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

It's okay. I just want to keep the thread as spoiler free as possible.
  12. Hidden Mew

The dub was huge when it first began, but it wasn't the powerhouse it was for any of the following series. I wouldn't worry that much about the ratings drop though. Not only because ratings really don't matter to a merchandise driven series like Pokemon, but also because Disney XD isn't as...
  13. Hidden Mew

Guys, please don't post unrevealed new Pokemon or information here. I know that the games are available in some parts of the world today, but some people aren't going to get the games until tomorrow and still want to avoid spoilers. Please keep the focus on the upcoming series.
  14. Hidden Mew

I'm not too sure if they're responsible for the movie situation, if only because there was seemingly no attempt to give it a limited release it in theaters. Disney XD wouldn't be involved with that. They could be more responsible for not airing the sneak peak of the new series by comparison, but...
  15. Hidden Mew

Well that's super disappointing. We've always gotten a sneak peek of a new series with the dub. Even if it doesn't directly promote Sword/Shield as much as the other games, it does feature new Pokemon, so you'd think that would be more than enough reason for them dub the series early. I've also...