• ME decides not to pursue Team Galactic and instead climb around the Sinnoh region with his new HM. Watch the new episode here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent content by Hidden Mew

1. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I'm pretty sure that Ash was there for all of Dawn's Contests too. He would often train during some of May's Contests, including the Hoenn Grand Festival, but I don't recall that happening with Dawn's Contests.
  2. Hidden Mew

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

The more I think about it, the more I really doubt that translation. It just sounds more like what fans would describe SM Ash early on in the series than what Rica or someone involved with the show itself would say. It isn't really more believable around twenty episodes into SM since the...
  3. Hidden Mew

A part of me does wonder how accurate that translation was, if only because it does remind me a lot of the whole "SM is in a different continuity" argument that went on until Misty and Brock appeared. Plus, I'm surprised I haven't heard of that information before or at least I don't remember...
  4. Hidden Mew

Honestly, ending SM with a relatively heavy battle arc when the bulk of the series was more laid back slice of life was kind of jarring in general, but especially for Ash given he was too passive during the vast majority of it run. Where did Rica Matsumoto mention that head canon? Maybe she...
  5. Hidden Mew

It was definitely cut from the dub. It seems like such a weird choice for Ash to just casually bring it up while he was arguing over the bunk. I wouldn't say that that they had zero impact exactly, at least with the Orange Islands. Defeating the Champion made Ash overconfident and then losing...
  6. Hidden Mew

That's certainly possible. I just wouldn't be too shocked if Ash doesn't end up battling Leon in a way because of how much he's being built up. I'm not sure how much the Alola League victory really means for Ash's story at this point either. I guess the production team, or at least this...
  7. Hidden Mew

That was a really interesting interview. I kind of love the answer the director got for what a Pokemon Master means. It was just surprisingly blunt about what has been a vague goal for ages that I laughed for a moment. It's interesting that they don't know if Ash battling Leon will happen yet...
  8. Hidden Mew

Sync Pair Scouting thread

I was trying to get either Lucy or Plumeria, but I ended up getting Sgyma Suit Grimsley instead. My luck in this game is so weird since I seem to get new characters outside of their event instead of during it. At least it should mean that I'll have an easier time whenever they bring back Entei.
  9. Hidden Mew

Do you think Ash will get a Galar starter in PM2019?

Considering that it's pretty likely that he'll be catching more than the usual five or six Pokemon in this series and that could mean that he'll be rotating his Pokemon again, I don't think that having Grookey would prevent Ash from catching more unconvential Pokemon.
  10. Hidden Mew

Honestly, even if I didn't like Grookey as much as I do, I'm pretty sure I'd still think that it fits with Ash the most out the Galar starters. Sobble would have worked for him too, but since Ash does usually tend to get the Grass starter, I think that would have given Grookey a bit of an edge...
  11. Hidden Mew

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

I caught a Shiny Drifloon and a Shiny Wingull last week. I was hoping to get a Shiny Pidove and Pidgey during the event, but I was pretty happy with those Shiny Pokemon too. I also caught my second Shiny Alola Meowth this morning, so that was neat.
  12. Hidden Mew

It wouldn't be a shock for Goh to get all three starters, but I don't think it makes it that less likely for Ash to get Grookey, especially when they are handling his team differently in this series.
  13. Hidden Mew

I honestly don't remember Ursaring being a personal rival for Infernape, but part of that could be due to how frequently Ursaring lost over the course of DP. Infernape's evolutions weren't really out of a need to prove itself to Paul, or at least I didn't take it that way. I saw it more as just...
  14. Hidden Mew

They didn't have a specific rival like Torracat did though. Maybe you could argue that Paul's Electrive was Infernape's personal rival among Paul's Pokemon, but there wasn't really a major focus on Infernape trying to beat a specific Pokemon whenever Paul showed up. Ash and Infernape wanted to...
  15. Hidden Mew

That really doesn't make any sense. Just because the two unevolved Pokemon Ash has caught so far only have two stages doesn't mean that they won't want to give an unevolved three stage Pokemon. That's just reading in way too much with his current team. It's pretty similar to the whole notion...