• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
HumanDawn
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey HD! Was a little curious as to what show you're theming right now? :0 Looks pretty interesting!
    Life
    Life
    Ooh, love DR! Didn't know it was still going on though, but I'm glad to hear it. I actually got really into the show after playing the game Parma and Paperhouse hosted a while back, but was disappointed to find there was nothing else aside from games. (I'm cheap so I never bought them aha :f )

But thank you so much for those links!! Will definitely have to give them a read, and now that I know there's more to watch, I'll definitely be doing it shortly. d:
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Yeah, the two anime started this Summer! We may finally be getting full closure about everything! Ahh, the show? Ehh it was okay compared to the game, but I think the game is more entertaining. The show is what a movie is to a book.

You have to know what happens in SDR2 before going into either anime. They spoil a few of the biggest spoilers pretty fast.
    Life
    Life
    Ah, okay, good to know! I always thought it was a shame they never expanded the world but I'm glad to know they did. Will definitely have to check out the game now though aha.

Thanks once again HD! Much appreciated!
    (1) She's in both arcs? I assumed she was just a Future character since I don't know any of the Despair characters other than the SDR2 cast. Guess that's good that she's there for some balance then lol. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to watch at least a little bit...
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    (2) Well, I definitely trust your judgement about that kind of stuff a lot more than I'd trust random people on the internet talking about it, so I feel like I'd have a better idea of how good it is. With kids though, it just feels like the lazy way to do sequel stuff, its always bothered me. Your point about it being unplanned I never thought about and actually makes that setup even worse because that's a good point lol. I also hate the "kids ever after" thing that media often does, why is that so common... It's why I'd be so afraid of a X-2 sequel too, though the way that (awful) audio drama and novel went, that probably wouldn't be an issue there and there'd be a whole different set of reasons to be afraid there lmao
    If she's the one in your avatar, she does look cute....

Let me know how it is once you read it! I'm afraid of it ruining my perception of the series, so I'll probably hold off for a while lol. yeah, I would cringe too, especially when it would be dumb when everyone has the image of movie!Hermione already and that image fit perfectly with the book description imo (minus the buckteeth)
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    She is not only cute, but she backs it all up with her personality and everything she does for the greater good. She's part of the (F)uture (F)oundation too so you'll get to see her in Future Side as well, and she's pretty refreshing considering that like half of FF are DICKS. when will you start it and despair side... next monday we'll finally know the aftermath of hajime's decision at the end of SDR2...

Yeah I totally get you, but I might not be the best guy to go to because I'm pretty optimistic and defensive of a story I like, although if I don't like it, I'd end rambling about it for quite a while... (the shipping from the UK costs as much as the book itself, although it still ended up being cheaper than Malta's 22 euros)
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    (I bough it for 19 euros, it's 3 euros cheaper aaand it arrives to my house without going anywhere so win-win) I mean, you know even if I do end up liking it, you may not like it yourself, but I can tell you the characters I liked most. The problem I personally have with stories that involve the main character's children many years later is that they usually aren't planned. J.K. Rowling planned all of her books and while there were many changes, there was a cohesive idea for the conflict and plans for what to reveal next and when. (i know you said you'd hate a Skies of Arcadia sequel if it was about their kids so lol, also apparently there's some canon stomping about a particular magical item, to the point that its function explanation was removed in Pottermore around release according to an Amazon reader)
    As for sales, I have heard that the pre-orders in Japan are doing really well, although I don't know how true that is, but I could see China giving the sales another big boost. Having a Chinese version of the game was a pretty big deal when the games were first announced and there were positive responses to it, so I'm sure that will help with the sales too.
    I do kind of like how we're getting a lot of new Pokemon. It helps to keep more focus and interest in the game, which might be even more important now that Go has captured way more attention than anyone thought it would. It does seem like we could have another X/Y situation where they reveal most of the Pokemon ahead of time, but I'm kind of okay with that since it makes it easier to choose my teams.
    Oh man, if the animation quality is actually good this time around, that fixes 75% of my issues with the original anime (the rest were pacing-related). Yeah, I can see what you mean about watching it week-to-week instead, especially being a mystery; I just have a hard time watching things that I can't binge haha. IBO was really the only recent exception, but I could use a good mystery.
    FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia
    Honestly, I'd like to pick up DR and SDR2 on Steam to be able to actually play them rather than rely on the LP too.

About Fafner, it has a 26 episode series, a prequel, a movie, and another 26 episodes in the Exodus sequel show (split into two seasons). So it's kinda long haha. And the first show takes a while to get good, it takes until the writer changed after ep 10 or so really. Voltron seems so popular though, haven't given it a try yet.
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    The blood is now RED too. Only in Future side though, in Despair side it's pink. Yeah, the pacing is a lot better, bar the first two episodes, (first ep just has the characters talk and have their name pop up, second ep could be a little slower but that's just it) but damn, I've watched the ending of the first episode like seven times. It was just such a dramatic moment, and I like the "revelation" music that goes with it too. The ending of the second episode ripped my heart out too. Mijzelffan likes it a lot too, he said that after the second episode he started liking it.
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Ohhh wow that's... quite some stuff there. I binge watched a playthrough of Ultra Despair Girls after procrastinating from seeing it for so long but I liked it, I thought it was decent, with the last two hours being epic. It only has a bit of relation to Future Side but it may have more later, but the game gives A LOT of backstory on the Monokuma robots and if you love stuff like political corruption there's something really similar to it in this game in the last 2 hours (which is a big info bomb).
    Both the Future and Despair parts, or just one half? I've been meaning to watch it (along with Cute High S2 and DGM Hallow), but got sidetracked watching the entire Fafner franchise (and I loved it; Soushi <3). That's pretty impressive if its that good though! I had my doubts with it being anime-original content, but if it's that good, wow!
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Really, I think it would be more enjoyable waiting for the mystery to unfold week by week instead of watching it all at once. Then again, all the episodes together would be 25/26 so you'd still have time to think and consume what is going on as well as speculate while the plot moves on.
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Fafner has just 26 episodes and an anime film? Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm ready to sink into another mecha anime. (i saw the first three episodes of Voltron which seems to have a lot of charm so i might just continue it)
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    But hmm, waiting week by week would also make it easier to connect to the characters? There's already one I think you would like a lot(but I can see how they would piss you off so... 50/50?), and their girlfriend is a character I like a lot too.
    I wasn't lying in Gameshow Mafia when I said that I was "halfway decent," but I chose my words carefully.
    My scum play has become significantly better since RMafia, since I've played as mafia the vast majority of the time, but my town play is downright awful...which, in a hilariously odd way, helps me disguise my scum play.
    Together, that makes me "halfway" decent. :p
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Huh? What's up?
    Maniacal Engineer
    Maniacal Engineer
    Oh, I meant just disappearing from mafia games.
    I have to do that after flawless scum performances because everybody gets paranoid, plus my mafia A-Game takes a lot of effort and leads to many sleepless nights...it's stressful being scum!
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    ahh lol okay see ya then : )
    So Feralize has two blogs on tumblr, but I only followed one, so I didn't realize it at first. One is his main one, the other is his art/aesthetic blog. He reblogged a post of mine from his aesthetic blog, but I didn't know who he was, so I asked him.
    As for XY, I do like the series. It has some really good character moments and battles, but I'd say it's a bit overrated. It has some pretty serious problems for me. We'll hopefully get some news on a Sun/Moon series within the next month or so. I want to see the starters animated so much.
    I don't care for Bonnie, but a large part of it is the running gag with asking random women to marry Clemont. I just hate it for so many reasons. When they focus on how much she loves and cares about Pokemon, like the Tyrunt episode, she's fine, but I agree that the lack of development makes her less interesting and her dream of growing up to be a Pokemon trainer isn't really much of a goal either.
    Hi there. I've been doing okay. I hope that you've been doing well too. I really like Popplio, Rockruff and Salandit too. I'm definitely going to have Popplio and Rockruff together, but I don't know which one of my teams will have Salandit. It depends on whether or not I choose Litten in one of them. I love Salandit's design, but I have high hopes for its evolution too. It's so cool and I love its unique typing.
    In the end, did you prefer getting the story from FE3 B1 or from Shadow Dragon? Sometimes its nice to take it slower on the maps like that, and now that you mention it, I think I've only ever used Warp (thus far) on FE8 one time and not in any other game lol.
    It does, but you can only deploy 5 units so its just not as convenient imo. Works if you don't have the DLC though! Star Fox 64 3D is probably fairly cheap now on the 3DS if you'd rather try that out! Its a port/remake of the most popular Star Fox game, and it is very fun and a good taste of what the franchise is like. The controls are easier to get used to in 64 3D, but Zero's are fun too.
    So far I've only done Ghostly Gold (mostly for support building) since I'm in Conquest and don't want to feel like I'm cheating too much, but I'm looking forward to making some OP units in Revelation! Star Fox Zero is also really great so far; it's harder than SF64 imo, but that makes it feel good when you get a mission accomplished. Ahh, well, June should be a good month for video games for you then!!
    THANK YOU!! I've been Fire Emblem-ing it up now with all the DLC from my birthday (also Star Fox Zero FINALLY), have you gotten Fates yet?
    If/when you get a chance, I'd appreciate a review from you, as an outsider, of MotW.
    You're someone whose opinion I respect and value that plays mafia games here all the time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom