I
Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "So, here we are. Overall rating (SAZAND*RA STYLE, YO):"

No longer am I known as Sazand*ra. That nickname was fun while it lasted, though. :3

Also, props for using a rating system similar to mine ^_^-m
    Well Friday's not that far away, so if you just try to between now and Friday keep up with what your words per day SHOULD have been and then go nuts from Saturday onwards, you should still be safe.
    It's not too late! Don't give up! It's still possible to catch up from that position, trust me, I've seen it done!

All you have to do is plan out the rest of your novel now (it's ok to do that within the month) and then spend two whole days writing - you'll be back on track in no time!
    When you finish, it feels fucking good.

Honestly, when I totted up how much I had written, I just couldn't believe it. Even though the book I wrote wasn't of publishing standard, it taught me that I was capable of writing a book that large and therefore that I could potentially one day write a novel that gets published.
    My last exam is 1st June. Might have to go out and go fucking mental on that night.
    High school has busy times too though. At least in England, I assume it's the same in the States. I had a lot more time than I do now but around exams and coursework deadlines I just had no free time at all.

The good thing about the summer between years at University is that I have NO commitments so it's just pure free time. Will be so fucking awesome.
    Mmmmmm, it was a simpler time then. First year of Uni. I had so much time on my hands. Now, I'm just fucking busy every day - it's really shit. Can't wait for summer.

Sucks when life gets in the way. Hope MayNo goes well.
    Sounds like you're doing fine. Have you ever done it before?

Yeah, really. And, yeah, the chapters are shorter than most but it was still something like 2000-3000 words per week on top of writing NaNoWriMo.
    Well that changes everything.

Are you on target?

PS. I did 54k in 28 days whilst still updating Rival's Story twice a week.
    But I want to be worshiped as the Queen of the Workshop by holding it in August! :p You're right, and most of us are partial toward June, but we're still considering the dates.
    It's fine. I care about grammar, but I don't make it my main priority. We all have different views on what is perfect about a story. I value character, plot and flow above all else, and if I was grading a story of yours, I would probably not mention grammar. I edit the typos later on when I read back, but with Galactic which is now usually over 30 pages, I don't have time to find the very few typo's that there are. It care about my stories, but I don't care if I typed too quickly and got a letter around the wrong way. If it doesn't come up in Spell Check, I usually don't notice until later
    I don't take a half assed job with my grammar, its called typos. I write about 10 different things at once, so I write quickly and am required to move on. I edit my grammar later on, but I find my readers would care more about getting a new chapter than reading the same one with the typos fixed.

And I think the whoel thing about grammar making a story work is bullshit, especially with fan fiction. So many people obsess over having perfect grammar, but than their stories are just huge loads of shit. I've seen too many stories on here that have perfect grammar but have terrible flow, bad plots and the same old archtypes.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom