Recent content by Battista

1. B

In Memoriam: Celebrities

Christian singer and American Idol alumni Mandisa passed away yesterday at 47. She was an incredible lady.
  2. B

What was your first shiny?

Not counting Red Gyarados or the Zubat I pressured my cousin into trading me in gen 3… Diggersby, in Friend Safari.
  3. B

Favorite artwork of the Pokémon above

This was one of my original phone wallpapers Mareep
  4. B

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Its toothy grin is fun, even though it’s more visible in the Mega form. If it is really based on the Hopkinsville Goblin that’s really cool, since North American urban legends are pretty few and far between in Pokemon representation. It and Mawile lost a lot of love for me after Megas got...
  5. B

Tell us what you think of the character above!

Kinda forgettable on her own, but I love the running gag of her and Dexio trying - and failing - to be masked heroes. Erika
  6. B

Legends Z-A The Starters of Pokemon Legends: ZA

The “obvious” choices are Snivy and Piplup, maybe with Scorbunny thrown in just like Legends: Arceus. But those seem a little TOO obvious. Empoleon in particular feels a little too on the nose. Though I did post a theory based on some of the major players of Paris’ historic reconstruction that...
  7. B

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

For fun, I started looking into the Paris redevelopment project that some say this game could be based on, and found this little tidbit on Wikipedia: Curveball idea: maybe we don’t get the Piplup line as a starter after all. It’s still in the game, but as the signature mon of a Napoleon...
  8. B

Thoughts on Geeta?

My headcanon is that her champion team was picked in part by her elite 4 associates as a “challenge”.
  9. B

Tell us what you think of the character above!

Great design for the first female trainer option. Her blue color scheme provides a solid counter to Gold and fits with Suicune as the box legendary. The one thing I’m not a fan of is her side sprites in Crystal. What was meant to be bangs(?) looks like she has angry eyes when zoomed out...
  10. B

I like it design wise on its own. It’s a little awkward in the line because it essentially loses the use of its hands, but not a deal breaker. Cleffa
  11. B

Arm cannon sells this for me as my favorite of the Slowpoke evolutions, original or Galarian. Fezandipiti
  12. B

Movies/TV Commercials That Drive Us Crazy!

Oh, I remember that Perfection commercial…yeah, between the “Xtreme” arrangement of Pop goes the Weasel and the body horror, I too am not amused. The one that’s been bugging me lately is the “Family Guard” commercials. Mainly because they feel ai-generated. There’s no dialogue except for a few...
  13. B

In light of recent VGC news

I missed this; what’s going on with vgc?
  14. B

What are your thoughts on Ultra Beasts?

When they were first revealed in trailers I remember thinking they would be cool as non-catchable opponents, similar to the Pokestar Studios exclusives. After the games came out I warmed up to them, especially once Ultra Space was opened up more in the enhanced versions. My favorites are...
  15. B

I tend to forget it exists. Ash never evolved his Corphish (who was so cute), and its kinda unique Water/Dark typing was overshadowed by Carvanha and Sharpedo in the same gen. Relicanth
Back
Top Bottom