Dorothy
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's a space western sort of thing. So it's right up my alley.

And London is a wonderful city... and Scotland, I've never been so I'm kinda jealous there.
    It's a new MMO that just launched (well actually launch is tomorrow, it's currently early access)

I know, that's really exciting for more reasons than one. You should at least try and do some touristy things, even though I know you're gonna be somewhat distracted :p
    haha not bad, not bad. Been playing a ton of Wildstar. So much fun.

Glad to hear you're almost done with school. Graduation is a big achievement, enjoy it.
    Britain really was an empire of the seas. Y'know last year in Padstow I came across the last trading ketch in Britain. I forget her name. The first mate was one of those slightly odd women who always seem to manage to make me feel nervy

Oh, and I'm revising the end of Chapter Eleven, just so you know. I can let you know when I publish the revision, if you like
    Eh, it's rather circular. London is the centre of Britain because everything is in London, so everything continues to be built in London because London's the centre of Britain. I could go on, but suffice to say that the south east in general gets very preferential treatment.

Anyway. What do you plan to see?
    Not many of those to be found in the West Midlands, let alone the Black Country. *sigh* Bloody London-centric country
    I imagine you'll be castle-hopping a lot then. Warwick Castle's quite good, if memory serves (Funnily enough I see Dudley Castle on the hill every day on the way to "work"). But I guess you've got an itinerary planned out
    My pleasure. People should learn to appreciate history more. It's more than just a way to learn from our mistakes; it's our identity.
    Unfortunately, I can't recommend it. Most of the Black Country's industrial past isn't there to see any more, and what is there isn't much of a tourist attraction. The Round Oak Steelworks is now a shopping mall, for example. If you're interested in British industrial achievements, I would make a point of seeing SS Great Britain. In fact, anything designed/built by IK Brunel. Pity that the Great Eastern no longer exists - she was a steam liner, but she was converted into a massive cable carrying ship that laid the first working telegraph cable between Britain and the USA. she ended her days as a floating billboard outside Bristol harbour before finally being broken up for scrap

I'll stop with the history lessons now ^^'
    That's true. Mulberry Town is something of a mish-mash of the Black Country ... it's always bugged me that this small slice of Britain is so easily forgotten about. The anchor chain for the Titanic was forged a couple of miles down the road from where I live for heaven's sake.

Oh, and by the way, if you ever want me to elaborate on my reviews, just sling me a message
    I'll say. There aren't many fanfics with a page. Oh, by the way, could I trouble you with just one more question? I know I've had plenty of good criticism from you, just wondering though, what's your favourite bit of Chapter Eleven?
    That explains how Dragon's Roar found its way on there as well. Shame that Tv Tropes is relatively unmanaged as far as the Fanfic Recommendations page is concerned - most of the page seems to consist of long-dead stories that may or may not be found somewhere in the Fanfiction.net archives
    Quite so. It's joined the junk pile along with an extended coffee joke from A Da Vinci Smile. I get the impression that Bulbagarden! is something of an extended in-joke. I noticed that it's found its way onto Tv Tropes as well
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom