Recent content by jasonwolf

1. jasonwolf

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

More buffer would be nice. I had planned to get a lot more writing done last year, but I extended my field position so I spent another year living in the woods which while its inspiring is hardly conducive to someone who likes to write on a computer. I think I am gonna have to just do it from...
  2. jasonwolf

To be honest at this rate that'll be like 5 years at best, and I find it hard to write without an audience. While I can't say I've ever hit it big, comments here and there help keep me going.
  3. jasonwolf

I'm not sure if this is better as a simple question or better as its own thread, but more or less. I've been inactive for a while trying to get the 2nd arc of my fic finished so that I could start posting it, but a lot of my time has gone to going back and making edits, and that's evolved into...
  4. jasonwolf

MATURE: Project Toaster: Decolonized (Pokemon)

Chap 11: Dawn We Ready “It's a strange feeling when you’re part of the old guard at twenty-six, it’s a stranger feeling when the recruits are less than half that.” -Plr. Tyler Cedran discussing the year's new recruits Author's Note: A most gracious thank you to any who had the patience to put...
  5. jasonwolf

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm like 99.9999999% sure I'm done with my 11th chapter but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't post because I can't say when I'll be ready with 12 and so on. Is it better to just post right now or to make sure I can have a steady stream of chapters again?
  6. jasonwolf

DISCUSSION: The Ethics of Pokémon Battles

Personally, I find that it's far more logical that it's both. It's all about how far you go. The pokemon league is a highly regulated safe sport similar to boxing or MMA. Meanwhile I'm certain there are brutal underground rings that make it a bloodsport. Battling itself is something pokemon...
  7. jasonwolf

DISCUSSION: Mirror/Opposite Versions of Your Characters

I'm actually doing a less mystical version of this with two characters in my Pokemon Decolonized fic. Mildly big Spoilers for that. I have a set of twins who are very much the opposite in their character. Jasper is a sneaky rebel with a sharp tongue and cocky attitude while his brother Adrian...
  8. jasonwolf

DISCUSSION: But What If I Don't Wanna Train or Coordinate?

about 90% of my characters are rangers though they're based on the ones you see in the main games. I like writing stories around these professional trainers who help make the world safe for all those ten-year-olds without parental supervision.
  9. jasonwolf

DISCUSSION: Is it weird to go back and update/change chapters?

Oooooo I never thought of that, but I like that idea.
  10. jasonwolf

DISCUSSION: Is it weird to go back and update/change chapters?

So my stories have... obnoxiously long development times. Anyone who's even glanced at my stuff will notice how many times I've posted a strangely similar medieval pokemon story, and if you're REALLY old you might know that Decolonized was actually started about a decade ago as an idea for a...
  11. jasonwolf

Hey look, on the thread! Is it a post? A Chapter!? No it's an update because life keeps making me go away from my writing to do things like work and eat and keep a roof over my head. The good news is that Chapter 11 is done. The bad news is that I made chapter 11 into chapter 12 and am writing...
  12. jasonwolf

Chap 10: Night we Stand Yanso, Lucas, Pierce, Rath, Tex, Plasum “A ranger is always willing to die for his people. Shame I was always too busy to get around to that. I guess old age is a close second," -RH. Fred Casstil, 3rd RH of Letchworth on his deathbed The roar of a siren instantly...
  13. jasonwolf

CHAP: 9 Why Yanso, Lucas, Pierce, Rath, Tex, Plasum Baroness and Nort will remain at town. “To kill is immoral, and any who do that are lowered to the level of beasts. That which you fight for may redeem you, but it will never raise you higher. What you would die for that is the truest test...
  14. jasonwolf

Chap 8: Damnation Yanso, Lucas, Pierce, Rath, Tex, Plasum Baroness and Nort will remain at town. “Pokemon are creatures of immense rage. Pokemon are creatures of wild beauty. Pokemon are intelligent partners to humanity. Three states that are intertwined no matter how much we try and separate...
  15. jasonwolf

So this is gonna be a bit of a filler update. I've been trying to get a bunch of major plot things the way I want them, and its meant number of things have to be set up and executed just how I like. I've also been jumping ahead more often and working on chapters that aren't anywhere close to...
Back
Top Bottom