Recent content by JohnnyCool708

1. JohnnyCool708

Shiny Versions of Gen 7 Pokemon

I think what's a more interesting question is how they handle the shiny color schemes for Alola forms. Will they keep the ratios on the color wheel from the originals, or will they come up with new designs?
  2. JohnnyCool708

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

We did see Team Skull use a Drowzee in the trailer, so we know it's on Alola. The line is based on tapirs, which are definitely tropical. They're both also chronically underrepresented in both the games and anime as yet, so yeah. I could see anything from Dark to Fighting to Ground in there.
  3. JohnnyCool708

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

I'll just note that we've generally seen Aloha forms for Gen I dual-evolutionary line Pokémon that haven't previously received much attention or been particularly viable, perhaps with the exception of Vulpix and Ninetales. I'm willing to bet that Alola being an archipelago region will mean...
  4. JohnnyCool708

Team Skull Speculation

They're so good because even though they have the whole "subvert the existing order" thing going on, their whole ragtag gangster motif brings them to life way better than most of the other evil teams. And I have to second the appreciation of the grunt just freestyling in the background as...
  5. JohnnyCool708

Moveset Update Discussion

Can the Bulbasaur line please get Giga Drain through a method other than breeding? Most Bulbasaurs received in-game come at a point where they're great to have on your team but selective breeding like that isn't really an option. I'd just like it to be through a Move Tutor or something, even...
  6. JohnnyCool708

Moves & Abilities Discussion/Speculation

Just so I can be caught up over here, has any information been released/hinted at about a change to the move system, or "special moves," or is this in the same vein as the five moveslot theory and extrapolation of Ash Greninja's "evolutionary" mechanics onto the games?
  7. JohnnyCool708

Lillie's role

I've seen some well-argued theories that she is connected to Magearna and that the commotion in her bag results from that. Apparently Magearna reverts into a Poke ball sort of thing when it's feeling shy, and also strongly dislikes Pokemon suffering, and therefore battling. It's a Mythical...
  8. JohnnyCool708

Theory. Alola connects with Sinnoh

Your first point is true, but there were no tall flowers in Gen IV like there were in Gen VI. It's probably more than likely that the theory in the video above is wrong, but I could at least see a synergy between Magaerna and the Pokemon Village that might support it some. And to keep with...
  9. JohnnyCool708

The Alola Region

The recent reveal of Rock type Iwanko makes me pretty willing to believe that we'll have some sort of early cave, probably in Diamond Head on Melemele. I'd also venture to say that the villainous team might be doing something in there. All that being said, I do think that the area behind the...
  10. JohnnyCool708

Do you like that move effectiveness is now shown during battle?

I've been playing Pokemon more than a decade, and even I still have to occasionally check the type effectiveness chart during competitive battles, especially with regards to resistances for specific Pokemon. That being said, I don't necessarily like that the feature is going to amount to the...
  11. JohnnyCool708

Trailers and News Discussion

The conversation regarding Yungoos being a "Gen 8 Pokemon" is definitely reading into the Pokedex entry way too much. Zeta is basically right--the animal Yungoos is based on, the small Asian mongoose, indeed is extremely invasive to Hawaii; if you don't believe me, just follow that link. Or you...
  12. JohnnyCool708

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Is there a speculation thread for the region? I've seen some decent evidence-based theories thrown around so far, but cannot seem to find a dedicated discussion.
  13. JohnnyCool708

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

To be clear, when do we expect CoroCoro leaks to come out? And what exactly was vaguely promised for this weekend's coming Pokenchi? Also, when do we typically learn about the region? I seem to remember the concept of Kalos being based on France featuring fairly heavily, but my recollection...
  14. JohnnyCool708

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

It seems pretty logical to have Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt because of Archie and Maxie (even though MCamerupt is pretty underwhelming). With that, do people think that there will be a mega for each member of the E4? I'm not even sure the E4 is staying the same with the info that was...
  15. JohnnyCool708

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

To what degree are we positive these things exist? Lol at my 2008 name that I never changed...
Back
Top Bottom