J
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes it was first for Silktree but don't mind, i know you're quite good and open for theory and speculation.
    I agree with you, BW was IMO an excellent games because the characters was far more developped than the others's games. And the story wasn't just about Gym quest and the classic league. Eevolution? All types who were depicted as "special" before 3G in term of strategy are Eevolution except dragon... So i think the next eevolution will be a dragon, or a new type.
    I read the speculation about Sinjoh Ruins, Unows and potential travel time, I find them really interesting.
    2ch rumors aren't convincing because the posters are anonymous, so it's not as if the leak from two years ago has any bearing on what's going on now.

I don't know how I missed that picture. I've been cautiously looking forward to a new Eeveelution for over two months now, but I've grown discouraged due to the lack of hints. This brings me hope again.
    ----------
    Also, are you aware about the first infos that were leaking before the Coro coro back in Mars 2010? It was about team Plasma, N, Araragi, Triple Battle. My friend told me about that info 2 years ago, and today he said that there were some rumors about a new eevolution planned for January.
    ----------
    When exactly did your friend tell you that information about Team Plasma? How does he have access to exclusive information? Why is the tidbit about the new Eeveelution only a rumor?
    Personally, I'm not as concerned about the story as I am for the gameplay of the next game. Pokémon feels quite stale in the next few games, and they got to do something to change that. A root refreshment to the battle mechanics (with new elements, battle styles, more interaction, same accessibility) are in my opinion what the series needs most at this time. The game's journey formula also needs to evolve; BW were a step back as far as interaction with Pokémon in the overworld is concerned. After more than 10 years of sticking with basically just "HM moves in the overworld", HGSS introduced walking with your Pokémon on the game's world. BW not only took that feature away, but also made HMs completely non-essential. That must change, and interaction with critters outside battle should be deepened even further than in HGSS, with new concepts and well-made mechanics. BW/B2W2 did add some interesting features though, like co-operational or competitive missions with your friends through multiplayer -- that must also be taken further, and multiplayer should be much more than trades, battles and the like.

A new type would definitely shake things up too. It would be a good excuse to update the weaknesses/resistances chart too. By the way, I'm really looking forward to seeing new Eeveelutions! I really like every one of them, and I'm glad they keep coming. What types would you like to see?

2013 will be an interesting year for Pokémon fans! Fingers crossed that Game Freak will wake up and take the series were it deserves to be!
    Was that meant for Silktree? Funny thing, I sent him that link just a before! :p

In any case, these rumors are funny to say the least. Just typical fan-made lists that kind of come at the dawn of each generation. There's too much hyperbole to believe them, and frankly, companies' knows policies (Microsoft overpowering its hardware? $70 - $99 "dongle" for a PS3-on-a-Chip? Really?) disagree with what's going on in reality. Still, it's good food for thought.

As for your ideas, there are many suggestions for Generation VI. We have been discussing with Silktree about a return to the Sinjoh story and plot elements involving time-travelling; no doubt there's quite some potential in that. I also remember the rumors you talk about, and I confess I hadn't believed them at the point, actually. In fact, the Team Plasma rumor left many hoping for a different story approach disappointed.
    Indeed; the unprecedented June release may mean that they want to start promoting the next generation soon. This movie-related merchandise shows that they're finally going to start to advertise the 3DS after B2W2's release (they released DS styli last month), and I think this promotion will be a lot more convincing if Pokémon A or B (probably the latter) is from the next generation.

I guess that I expect to see a pre-evolution. I don't want to see too many of them, but we do need some, and it would be a good indication of a return to Japan. It would also work well with the fact that the Meloetta short features a lot of old Pokémon.

I've just noticed that there are also Pokémon C and D in one of the products. I don't think they mean anything important because after Keldeo was revealed, only five Pokémon (which is actually a lot) were foreshadowed. I can't imagine that Pokémon B is a random Pokémon considering its placement with the secret legendaries (only Pirouette Forme is left now), but Pokémon C and D could be anything because they're only associated with one product.
    Note that my speculation pertains to six versions, including "sequels" (more like a sequel and a prequel) of the main versions. I think that the priority should be covering the remaining regions (Tohoku, Chugoku and Shikoku), but as I explained in the blog, Hoenn can be used as Chugoku's "mirror" region with Shikoku complementing both.

Tohoku should be the biggest region yet, so I can see it being used exclusively in the main versions. The prequel and sequel versions would show us the region's past and future, but due to its connection to Johto, Sinnoh and even Kanto, we would see certain parts of those regions in different eras, as well. What do I mean by that? Think of the time travel event in HGSS where Celebi not only moved through time, but also through space (moving between Johto and Kanto). In theory, time travel games could show us bits and pieces of the past and future of other regions, as well, but the gameplay wouldn't be linear.
    Yes, I do think we'll return to Japan. I've posted some of my ideas regarding the next generation here.
    Nice catch on the different Gym symbol. I hope it actually means what you think it does; between this and the fact that there is an airplane in the games, chances are good that there is another region to be found.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom