• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Kakuna Matata
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So, what's new? It's been a while. :)
    Maniacal Engineer
    Maniacal Engineer
    Nope. Management is on my side for this one. I explained the situation, and the manager actually agrees with my assessment of the situation.
    Kakuna Matata
    Kakuna Matata
    Well that's something. Has it been resolved yet?
    Maniacal Engineer
    Maniacal Engineer
    After getting dragged into several conference calls today, the customer has been described as "panicking and out of patience." To which my eloquent reply was: "it's their own damn fault."
    I missed your return? Darn my decision not to take part in the scavenger hunt this year. Maybe next time.
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    heh

I strongly recommend it, yep. it only covers part of the (currently running) manga tho, so I'd look into that as well
    Kakuna Matata
    Kakuna Matata
    After your lengthy discussion with Eznap in the Wash I view such a rec with great regard. xP (But no really it was an interesting read, and it was nice to see you go as in-depth as you did).

Do you think the anime is likely to get a second season, or is the plot relatively wrapped up in those 13 episodes?
    Qing'e
    Qing'e
    good to hear xP (thanks, ehehe ^^;;)

very likely, the plot's far from wrapped up, and the last episode teases at a later story arc
    TRNatalie
    TRNatalie
    1. I thought he was older when I came up with that.O_O I'll just throw that headcanon out the window. He had deep respect for her but no feelings for her.

2. That would be an amazing story!
    I've always wanted to explore what if Jessie doesn't know why her mother never came back. Does she think her mother abandoned her? Does she think her mother didn't love her? Has this created PTSD for her where she still has bad memories of watching her mother walk away and the fear of people leaving her the same way?

3. The reason I consider those episodes to be AU is because the way Jessie is written in those episodes(along with a few others) feels as if the writer responsible wants people to hate her.
    Kakuna Matata
    Kakuna Matata
    1. Nooo it’s your headcanon! MB and Miya haven’t been acknowledged since the CD drama, and it’s not like the anime has ever been super dedicated to consistency, so their ages are really flexible.

I read a fic a few years back that had Gio as both Jessie’s and Ash’s father that was a great read. No AndeShipping because MB eventually ordered the assassination of Miya for her relationship with Gio (iirc she ends up surviving the ordeal but Gio ends up killing MB because he’s pretty pissed about the whole thing), but it was really interesting seeing Gio’s and Miya’s relationships ups and downs (during a down is when Ash ends up being conceived).

For my headcanon I have it where Miya comes into MB’s life when she’s around 21. She’s just had a daughter she can’t afford (the dad’s out of the picture at this point for whatever reason), so she decides to join TR (at this point MB is around 32 and Gio’s around 12 and they’re sort of on the rocks because of MB’s neglect and her killing Gio’s dad roughly 5 years ago. It was a whole sordid affair that came about when he betrayed TR and ran off with Gio to start a new life somewhere else. MB couldn’t have her only child and heir be taken away from her, and there were already some doubts about her taking over for her half brother as the leader of TR [she was an illegitimate child and was never supposed to inherit the position in the first place because Dad and the rest of the governing body of TR were sexist pieces of trash], so to squash any doubt she personally went out to where her husband and Gio had been found to kill him and bring both of them back to TR HQ. {One of her nicknames in TR is the Red Queen because during this time period she was comparatively very violent in cementing her place as the Boss; rumor has it her iconic red suit was dyed in the blood of all her enemies from this era}])

Over the course of the next 4 years she quickly rises in the ranks, becoming MB’s top agent, and in the hearts of MB and Gio, bringing them closer together than they had been in awhile (which also sort of comes about due to Gio growing up in that environment and, while not entirely forgiving his mother for everything she’s done, developing a kind of understanding and acceptance of the circumstances). It’s kind of shot to hell after Miya ends up MIA but it’s one of the higher points on this rollercoaster of MB and Gio’s relationship.

That got really long lol I’m so sorry for my ramblings

2. Why thank you. =D
    And I’m so with you on that! And then, if there were people in her life who knew what really happened to Miya, but they kept that information from her…just, damn son, that’s a lot of stuff to unpack and deal with.

I wonder if Jessie knew Miya was in TR to begin with and if that played a role in her joining TR herself, or if it was just a coincidence and somehow she managed to avoid the tabs MB placed on her (in one version my hc, after Miya went MIA, MB never directly interacted with Jessie, but she either 1] eventually tracked her down {in the CD drama it mentions that Miyamoto gave Jessie up to foster care} and made sure she’d be provided for so she’d never have to eat another smorgasbord again unless she chose to, or 2] lost track of her until she joined TR, at which point her and Gio are going “holy shit how did she end up here?!” and make a point to keep an eye on this girl who’s rising through the ranks at the speed of her mother.)

Alternatively, since the anime’s fluid with backstories like that, Miya never gave Jessie up, but after Miya went missing she was placed with a family not involved with TR per Miya’s request (because I like the angsty idea of her not wanting that life for her daughter, only to find out Jessie followed in her footsteps when she gets her memory back; it’s complicated because while she might have enjoyed the challenges TR threw at her and loved MB, she also doubted the longevity of such a lifestyle and was conflicted about what she was doing, and she didn’t want Jessie involved in such a life for very long, if at all)

3. That’s fair, lol. Again, consistency has never been a big part of the anime (or the franchise a whole).
    TRNatalie
    TRNatalie
    1. What fic was this? I've really loved reading your headcanons about MB and Miya.
    I wrote a story with the Ash and Jessie being Giovanni's kids plot a few years ago at the request of my sister. I wrote it back when I thought Jessie knew about her mother's disappearance(and before I knew Froakie and Pumpkaboo would evolve). I also mentioned a similar backstory to yours where MB's ruling over Team Rocket is described as quite brutal. It's kind of embarrassing looking back at it now after XYZ.

2. You're welcome. There's actually a bit of evidence that suggests either way( Jessie knowing about why her mother never came back or not) could have happened. Back in August, there was a discussion about the translated novelizations of Takeshi Shudo and in there was his interpretation of episode 5 which had Jessie say the following when parents were brought up: "Mother? Mama? Mommy, I wish I could've..." So she at least remembers her based on this.
    ...in the previous KoP, I was voted Pokemart Cashier. I've got some big shoes to fill, but, like you, I promise I will be the best damned cashier I can be, and put all those years of engineering education to good use!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom