Recent content by Kaydreamer

1. Kaydreamer

Spoilers What do you like about LGPE?

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much in these games is really good. There's a lot of risk taking and innovation they've baked in there which is super fun. Among the things I hope are kept and carried forward to every future game: Pokemon in the overworld. This makes everything about traversing...
  2. Kaydreamer

A What If Thread: BW and all proceeding gens part of a hard reboot.

I'm not sure exactly what it is you're asking. You may want to go back and rephrase your OP to make it a little clearer. The Delta Episode in ORAS confirmed the suspicions that Gen VI takes place in an alternate universe to all the generations that came before. That means X and Y were in fact...
  3. Kaydreamer

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

I like the idea of choosing a hometown. The new professor could be visiting the town for whatever reason and give you your starter, so we don't have a problem with the location of the main lab. Following along from this, I'd love to see a little more choice involved in the games. Not in a deep...
  4. Kaydreamer

Generation IV Remake Speculation

I'm curious as to what they'll do here, because they can't continue to create remakes ad infinitum. There has to be an end point somewhere. If we see remakes of Ruby/Sapphire and Fire Red/Leaf Green in Gen VI, then logically in Gen VII we should see remakes of not only Diamond and Pearl, but...
  5. Kaydreamer

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

That's an interesting idea! I'd take it one step further and say that Pokemon should keep their full move pool in a 'reserve list' but must select four moves as their 'active' moves in-game, which are the ones they battle with. (To avoid making the gameplay too easy. It's becoming far less...
  6. Kaydreamer

Where the next regions should be based on?

Australia is also an English colonial country. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that using 'Australia' and 'culture' in the same sentence is something of an oxymoron... Sport and booze are not the most cultural of past times. (I do care for my country, but we're still a baby by global standards...
  7. Kaydreamer

Discussion: Story-writing and storytelling of Pokemon games

That's a very interesting idea, having an 'easy' mode to streamline out some of the more complex plot elements. Especially for very young children who may still struggle with reading the text in the games to begin with. Instead of just easy/hard, perhaps they could label them 'fast mode' and...
  8. Kaydreamer

That is your personal opinion. My personal opinion is that New Zealand is a beautiful land which has the potential to serve as a glorious inspiration for a region, particularly if they tied in elements of Maori culture. The only reason I can't see them choosing it is due to its relative...
  9. Kaydreamer

Hoenn is great. It's creative, far less linear than later regions, and while I'm not a fan of tropical areas myself I thought that the creativity which went into building the region was fantastic, especially regarding cities such as Fortree. I may not like R/S/E or ORAS much, but Hoenn itself is...
  10. Kaydreamer

I loved Kalos, storyline problems notwithstanding. I've never been to France, so to me it still felt like a Pokemon region, French in flavour but not an obvious copy. As for Lumiose Tower, a lot more people would have complained if it were absent from a France-inspired region. Yes it's obvious...
  11. Kaydreamer

Well then, I guess there's no point basing Pokemon regions on anything at all. If all countries have history and conflict, why bother choosing? I was answering your statement that Pokemon has nothing to do with food, therefore Italy is a "waste of time" as a region, by stating a number of...
  12. Kaydreamer

Discussion: Story-writing and storytelling of Pokemon games

You can't speak for all children when you say that. Perhaps you didn't care about the story in games as a child; I ADORED it. I'd talk to all the NPC's. I'd go into every house. I'd pull every little bit of lore out of the world that I could get my sticky fingers on. I was one of the kids who...
  13. Kaydreamer

Because clearly the only interesting thing about Italy is the food. Never mind the thousands of years of rich culture and history, bloody wars and beautiful works of art, its role as the former heart of the Roman Empire, and serving as the historical seat of power for one of the major world...
Back
Top Bottom