Recent content by Kazamatsuri

1. K

XY Dub Voice Actors

I can say honestly without fear of contradiction that Veronica, Eric and Rachael will not return to do any voice work on Pokemon. You can always argue otherwise going forward, but so far, those arguments have amounted to nothing more than hypothetical theories, every single turn of the season...
  2. K

News Battle Frontier to Air on Boomerang

According to the TV Listings, BOOMERANG will begin airing episodes of Pokemon Battle Frontier on August 31st. One thing that's interesting to note (aside from the obvious things people have mentioned a million times over) is that this is the first Pokemon season to initially debut on BOOMERANG's...
  3. K

Does the Pocket Monsters franchise really need annual movies?

You know the Naruto, One Piece and Detective Conan Animes also have annual movie releases. Whether or not Pocket Monsters needs a movie release each year isn't really relevant. It's standard tradition for continuous Japanese Anime to have annual movie releases.
  4. K

Pokemon Black & White Marathon This Saturday

I just checked the Pokemon schedule on CartoonNetwork.com. It appears they will be having a small marathon showing for several Black & WHite series episodes. The schedule is as follows: 11:00 AM - Battle Club and Tepig's Choice! 11:30 AM - A Rival Battle for Club Champ! 12:00 PM - A...
  5. K

Should the show appeal more to those that aren't within the target audience?

I think Evil Figment hit the nail on the head, but I think I'm going to elaborate. From my experience, the older fans that seem to have an entitlement complex about them and constantly complain about the show not "appealing" to them actually were of target audience once upon a time when the...
  6. K

Should the Pokemon Company re-release older films in theaters again?

So let me get this straight. The argument here is that adults should not be going to theaters to see animated classics like The Lion King that are critically acclaimed and have received academy awards? But then it's perfectly fine for adults to go to theaters to see a Japanese animated feature...
  7. K

If people are going to make random claims, I wish they actually had something to base them on. Food for thought. Beauty and the Beast only made 25.5 million in North America and 31 million worldwide during its 3D rerelease in theaters. And that's a film that made nearly 400 million worldwide...
  8. K

To answer the thread's question, ABSOLUTELY NOT. There are two very fundamental realities that distinguish virtually every theatrical rerelease from the Pokemon movies. For one thing, virtually all the movies that have gotten rereleased to theatres have grossed upwards of 100 million in North...
  9. K

News Pokemon Now Airing On CW4Kids

I'm sorry to do this, but I really have to say my piece here. Has it ever occurred to anyone that this might be fake. It's not even a promo, just an edited clip. Someone could easily have photoshopped the Toonzai logo on there. People do it all the time. And the fact that the uploader...
  10. K

Music Background music of the show

In answer to the title question, ABSOLUTELY NOT for three fundamental reasons. 1) It's a matter of principle, 2) the commercial value to the Japanese compositions are far greater than their English counterparts and 3) the quality of the original music is so much better. And I'm going to...
  11. K

Do you think boomerang will ever air the Advanced and DP series?

Given that Boomerang shows Secret Saturdays, I'd say that everything up to Season 10 at the very least would meet the eligibility requirements.
  12. K

The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread

Just some advice guys. If you think someone's being a troll, put them on your ignore list so you don't have to view their posts. I haven't even watched to last 5 Dub episodes because of the music. I may get around to it just because I'm a completist. I mean, the instant TPCI took control of the...
  13. K

"Rival Destinies" Opening Discussion Thread

The opening is okay. Nothing terrible but nothing great either; pretty much on par with the other recent openings. I realize that there's no new opening in the Japanese version to use footage from, but the DUB didn't need to resort to episode clips only. I mean, they could've spiced things up by...
  14. K

I have no clue how much it costs to keep the original BGM (and I doubt any of us will ever find out). But let's just say for the sake of argument that it's actually cheaper to not only replace the original music with Dub exclusive tracks, but also to have the Dub composers produce new tracks as...
  15. K

I just saw the episode for myself. All things considering, it wasn't that bad in and of itself, but it's a reaffirmation of everything I've said in the past as to why it's so important to just LEAVE THE MUSIC BE. I can only think of two possible reasons as to why we still have this problem...
Back
Top Bottom