Recent content by Lanstar

1. Lanstar

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

This episode is clever from a marketing standpoint. It describes how Ash wishes to truly become a Pokemon Master, and 'retires' him from league tournaments and competitions - And thus 'ends' his Journey from a classic standpoint that the plots have always been tailored around. It means the next...
  2. Lanstar

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I think level scaling can be very well implemented if done right. The trick would be to scale by both location and gym badges: When you start the game, the location can determine levels somewhat: Routes closer to the starting town have lower leveled pokemon (lv. 2-4) , and the farther away from...
  3. Lanstar

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

From what I've read, it isn't the graphics that are the problem as it is the grim performance of the graphics. An upgrade in this aspect from Legends Arceus, but still kind of concerning. Frame dips everywhere can be quite annoying when trying to immerse into a game. When I play animal...
  4. Lanstar

How would you explore Paldea?

I'd explore the region like I would Zelda Botw: I'd just wonder around, get lost, and look for all sorts of stuff until I'm not lost. Maybe a new pokemon I haven't seen comes to join my side here, maybe a challenge comes by to surprise me... The more adventurous it gets, the more fun it is for me.
  5. Lanstar

Anyone here who actually hopes the upcomming games are going to be easy?

I'm a bit weary of the leaks thread since I don't want art spoilers, so I'll post this here, since it does pertain to game difficulty:
  6. Lanstar

Looking at previews about the game, there is one concern I found: The lack of level scaling. This kind of hurts the feel of the game, as you could wonder around an open world, but end up being to underleveled or overleveled at any point in the game. A gym leader could be too overpowered or...
  7. Lanstar

So, this Girafarig evo... Does this mean that Girafarig's tail, with some kind of headcanon, has always had this dream of swallowing its other side and bending it upon it's will? Creepy, but hilarious! :lapras:
  8. Lanstar

I think Wiglett is a hilarious design. A case of a pokemon that looks so much like an existing Pokemon, yet isn't that pokemon at all. Diglett isn't a worm - it's a mole! THIS newbie is a worm, ya see?! But hey, it has that same looking cute face, so why not make the name seem similar? Diglett...
  9. Lanstar

What changes to competitive do you hope to see

I want some changes in type effectiveness, such as giving Ice types one less weakness and one more resistance. I have many other ideas on fixing the chart, but with the type changing mechanic, an overhaul would help clean the meta quite a lot. Regenerator needs to be nerfed, in that it only...
  10. Lanstar

Win a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Violet as part of Bulbagarden's pre-order giveaway!

I will most likely choose Sprigatito, as I just can't help but choose starters with glamorous final evolutions - And I have a feeling the pretty grass cat shall have one. It's a sad reason to pick it over the hilarious pompaduck, but that's how I roll. v_v
  11. Lanstar

Review JN122: The Semifinals I: "Overwhelming Victory"

"Overwhelming Victory", The title of this episode says... In reality, it would more accurately be titled, "Underwhelming Story", wouldn't it? :wynaut: (Sorry, I couldn't help it)
  12. Lanstar

MOARZ dual runners! And given how they say cyclizar is a common pokemon, the idea of Turbo battles sounds even more plausible. Now to see how the anime will handle this. Pokemon 5ds... If they did that, I'll laugh like crazy! :bulbaLove:
  13. Lanstar

The whole Legendary turning into a Duel Runner Motorbike is true! Now I can go about playing the game while citing every known cheesy Yu-gi-oh 5Ds quote imaginable. :giggle:
  14. Lanstar

My ideal news cycle would've been if Game Freak announced the mainline game only 2 months before they actually released it. That way, there would be no pressure to spill info about the games due to the news cycle being much, much shorter. Plus it would make the playerbase think, "Good to see...
  15. Lanstar

Just when I was about to post the news drought meme... Kyogre decided to spoil the fun.
Back
Top Bottom