Recent content by leaby

1. leaby

The Little Things

I love the fact that Diglett and Dugtrio come out of the ground when released into battle! :D
  2. leaby

Would you want updated Pokemon Cries?

I like the fact that they keep them the same. Each generation has a distinctive "sound" when it comes to Pokémon cries - even Gens I and II are noticeably different, though I can't quite put my finger on why... the latter's a little less screechy, I suppose. It means that each Pokemon is...
  3. leaby

whats your favorite pokemon in the 5th gen.

Mienshao is definitely my favourite after playing the game! The U-Turn/regenerator combo is so satisfying. It makes such a perfect lead.
  4. leaby

Pokemon you didn't think you would use

I was the same, but after catching one so early on in the game mine really got me out of some tough spots. Like you, I originally hated the design, but I think Munna's animation changed the way I felt about it... I like the way it bobs around! Musharna's design isn't so good, but it's a good...
  5. leaby

Wait! what? Moments

Haha! That's crazy. I've noticed that the AI in the Battle Subway is much trickier than it ever was in the Battle Tower. I'll have to keep a watch out for these sneaky Staraptors...
  6. leaby

Which generation has the best music?

It's tough. For me, nothing will beat the nostalgic feeling of hearing the Gen I/II music... but to try and look at it more objectively, I'll probably go with III. This also offers nostalgic quality, but the music really 'goes' with the look and feel of the towns and routes. The GBA quality...
  7. leaby

Pokémon GBU - Unfair Disqualification?

I think disconnecting from a battle should count as a loss even if it wasn't done deliberately. It would happen to everyone sooner or later, and perhaps it would make people a little more inclined to accept losses. I'd rather look at my trainer card and say 'about 3 of those losses were due to...
  8. leaby

Wait! what? Moments

I actually felt pain when I found this out, after rearing my Deino to its final evolved form. I thought, SURELY a dark-type dragon with higher special attack than attack would learn dark pulse on level up..... -_- I was having a wi-fi battle last night, and my opponent sent out Spin Rotom. I...
  9. leaby

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

I do sympathise, this happened to me a few times - I thought I was stuck in an infinite loop and would have to switch off my DS to rectify it! For double battles, the game wants you to have the two Pokemon (or one, if Audino's the only one you have left) in the first slots of your party in order...
  10. leaby

Gen V Disapointment

I'm with you on that one! It's also annoying that for continuity purposes the new forms always need some obscure new way to evolve. I actually didn't like the fact that, once you were granted permission to the post-story exclusive parts, you suddenly encountered zillions of Pokemon from the...
  11. leaby

Gen V Disapointment

I agree with this. I enjoyed the contests... they weren't the absolute highlight of generations 3 and 4, but they were fun and there was a point to them when the Pokémon get to perform their moves for the judges - it involved some strategy and made for a decent side game. I assumed the musical...
  12. leaby

Shiny Pokémon by Chance Discussion Thread

I was kicking about in the Dream Yard last night, trying to find a female Raticate so that I may breed a F.E.A.R. Ran into a double wild battle: Kricketune and Patrat. ... That Kricketune's golden?! *Sparkle* I got so excited, I haven't had a random shiny encounter since my original...
  13. leaby

Has collecting them all become difficult yet?

I think Gen IV made it easier than it was in Gen III, despite the Pokedex expanding. Being able to trade online has made a huge difference, plus by the time HG/SS came out, it was as though GF just said "sod it," and made it easy to catch Pokemon from the GBA games, such as the starters and...
  14. leaby

Accuracy > Power

Since playing in the Battle Tower I’ve developed a love for accurate moves. Admittedly, they’re a necessity in that setting, because everything in twisted in the CPU’s favour, but I think it’s extended into normal gameplay, too. Moves with a base power of 90 and 100% accuracy have the perfect...
  15. leaby

What did you think of Bianca and Cheren?

I couldn’t really warm to either of them – you set off together as supposed lifelong friends, but in reality you’ve only just met them… at the very least, their names ought to have been customisable. It would’ve given them more sentiment and substance if you’d called them the names of your real...
Back
Top Bottom