• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent content by LightningTopaz

1. LightningTopaz

EVERYONE: Pokemon: The Jeweled Towers of Armor (some Isle of Armor spoilers ahoy!)

Episode 3: The Ruthless Rival "Hut! Hah!" Ash cried as he cut the last two training dummies for his trial. Master Karashi smiled and applauded, prompting Ash to take a bow. "Well done, Nincada--you've passed your unique weapon trial. The Radiant Phoenix Sword is--!" "Wait!" a voice called...
  2. LightningTopaz

EVERYONE: Pokemon: The Jeweled Towers of Armor (some Isle of Armor spoilers ahoy!)

Episode 2: The Three Trials "Okay everyone...you all have a chance to do something very special for both Master Mitsu and me." Master Karashi explained as the group and the other students gathered in the dojo's main hall a few days later. "In order to do this very special task, you must...
  3. LightningTopaz

EVERYONE: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Performers of Harmony

Act 35: A Change of Plans Lita sighed as she looked over a half done script. No matter how we try to make "Cinderella" a musical, it's just not working... she sighed. "Should we try a different story?" Ruby asked. "I know some troupes have done 'Cinderella' as a musical before..." Meloetta...
  4. LightningTopaz

The New Weekly Prompt Thread

Your prompt this week: Tell me about fireworks in the Pokeworld--can they do things real fireworks can't? When are they typically shot off? Be creative!
  5. LightningTopaz

@Greninjaman Yes--Ash has (almost) the same team he uses in Hero's Sword: --Tintri the Pikachu (of course) --Ruby the Cinderace --Cuidachta the Corviknight --Yume the Espeon --Brenna the Squirtle (empty slot to account for Goukai the Kubfu)
  6. LightningTopaz

Episode 1: The Masters of Kikuzu Dojo For a while, the path up the hill was relatively uneventful. But an Alolan Vulpix wandering in a patch of flowers made Ash do a double take. What's an Alolan form doing all the way over here? "There you are, Alba!" a female voice called. The Alolan Vulpix...
  7. LightningTopaz

Act 34: In the Garden of Melodies "I'm glad we're out of that hot canyon..." Shimmer smiled as the caravan turned down into one of the caves a few days later. It had been a few days since their performance for Xatu, and the group was both looking forward to learning how to do a musical, and...
  8. LightningTopaz

@Skalesgon First of all, thanks for the review. This story is part of a series of stories that re-imagines the Pokemon anime into something that blends the games, the show, and ideas I felt could fit in the Pokeworld into a coherent whole. So even though I am writing out the stories out of...
  9. LightningTopaz

(rated E10+ for fantasy violence and frightening images) To celebrate the Isle of Armor coming out, I decided to story-fy and expand on the DLC into a much bigger location, and more Urshifu forms to choose from. The story is based on the Sword version of the DLC. While it does follow the DLC at...
  10. LightningTopaz

HELP: What are some good questions to ask yourself when you're world building?

How do Pokemon moves work in people? Does it work like magic? Can hybrids (for lack of a better term) use any possible move the Pokemon can learn? Do hybrids have powers no one has ever seen before? If so, how do those work? Does using Pokemon moves/spells have any adverse side effects? If so...
  11. LightningTopaz

Act 33: An Adventure on the Fly (part 3) The audience watched as Ruby told her entourage of Growlithes "Wait here, I will soon finish off the giants." She then bounded off into another part of the forest set, where she clambored into a tree, where she could see the imagined giants. It was...
  12. LightningTopaz

Your prompt this week: Write something from the perspective of your main character's father--is he proud of what his son or daughter has done? Does he regret anything, and does he have time to make amends? Or is he someone your main character opposes?
  13. LightningTopaz

Act 32: An Adventure on the Fly (part 2) The orchestra started a quiet interlude. "Tomlin went on his way, following where the wind led him." Brenna narrated from her nook. "After he had walked for a long time, he came to the courtyard of a royal palace. As he was very tired, he lay down on the...
  14. LightningTopaz

Act 31: An Adventure on the Fly (part 1) The stars twinkled over the Great Canyon as the resident Pokemon hurried to join Xatu in watching the group's performance. But backstage, the group was undergoing their final preparations. "Nervous?" Lita asked as she emerged in a princess costume...
  15. LightningTopaz

Your prompt this week: Ash and co. have encountered some weird festivals on their adventures...so now it's your turn to design a festival for them to stumble upon! What does this festival honor? What activities are there to do? And what will happen when Team Rocket inevitably shows up?