L
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Exactly. People her will get better on their own time. I remember when I started, and looking back, I can see myself getting noticeably better with each and every character, from a Mary Sue self insert when I started, to a deconstruction of anti-heroes who use violence to excuse their actions, to creating my own RP about a ravaged world where people discovered psionic powers instead of guns. I've seen King rise beyond shameless DMC rip-offs, and Anonymous go from stealing the ideas to creating swarms of original, creative RPs. So, what I'm saying is...People who do really bad at stuff can become master RPers. By the way, have you given up on your blog yet? You could get away with putting stuff that you writer there on the metronome forum, and get a lot more views.
    Yeah, I've been thinking...Some of the best ideas can come from people who can't write as well as others. And good writing, while in part up to the GM, depends just as much on the players. IN other words, if we don't let people use their ideas for RPs, it's possible some great ideas will go to waste.
    Same diff. They're both college level. Nobody will listen if you act like you know everything and are the world's greatest writer. Most everyone thinks that about themselves, and will thus assume you wrong.
    My posts are pretty much always five sentences or so. Besides, it's not particularly fair, you holding us to your standards. Your eighteen, and probabally in college. Most of us are 12 to 16. It stands to reason we'd be less able than you.
    And you chose this one? Besides, the mods are not the most powerful people her. It seems that way: They can ban people, and make rules. However, the users can simply leave.
    Keep in mind: I'm not disagreeing with anything your saying. I;m just pointing out that nobody will listen if you have no evidence of your ideas working.
    All those sites are dead. Besides, when you talk of your points: Obviously you believe them, otherwise you wouldn't be arguing them. Other people may not think so, however.
    The board isn't changing because Old Habits Die Hard, and this site has let the community become complacent with this style. People also have reason to believe me for my points ring loud and true. The community is lacking in RP'ers who can write five sentences reliably; can this not be proven by the lack of takers on my requirements on both post length and quality? Not to mention the fact that each mod who has read my complaints has agreed with me 100%.

And if you wish to know the sites which I came from:

The first was the old Pokemon Crater website, which is now gone because the owner decided to throw away his loyal fans in lieu of another website, which quickly tanked I might add.

And the second, now dead, was Aisenfield: http://aisenfield.smfforfree4.com/index.php

It was led by some truly great writers, men who were far superior to me. Yet I learned from them and thus my skills have grown to what you see today.
    And why isn't the board changing? You've said yourself the mods aren't listening. Also, the main difference between you and them was they all had some evidence. You've shown no such things. You've only created one RP which is half dead. You've only been a player in one RP. People had reasons to believe the gentlemen you mentioned. They have no reason to believe you. You've never even divulged the site your from, so for all anyone here knows, you could be making everything up.
    If you're a pretentious ass, nobody will listen to you. Another good idea is to work up a decent post count befor you try to start a revolution. Nobody's going to listen to somebody with a puny 0.84 over barely 50 days. Furthermore, your talking about being a great RPer, yet you only GMed one RP, and after 3 pages, it's mostly dead, even after talking to your players. Most GMs (Anonymous, CB) don't have to do that. In short, if you want people to listen to, you've got to show them why they should. Make a successful RP or two, that'll get 'em to listen.

An armature write? Now I know you don't mean that. Besides, I've seen a couple boards with RPing sections. This one is actually a lot better than the others.
    Except lots of people only skim overlong posts, and personally, I could care less about how long your posts are, although I try to keep mine at about five sentences. RPs aren't about story. True, they can have that as a component - a very large one, in fact - but it's rare, because the characters are controlled by different people. THus, if one person has a good plot twist in mind, but it would hurt another's character, the other guy might nit like that, even if it would make the story better. No, RPs will probably always be about one of two things: People fighting, or people making friends. Those share a similar thread: They both often lead to characters growing. That's what RPs are about. If you've read The Chronicles of Prydain, you'll know why I that's great.
    Except he probably has some kind of finishing move type ultimate attack. Most characters do. My character doesn't, but that's just because in most incarnations I make Ed specifically not to have supernatural powers except the ones he gains during the course of the game.
    by the way, it's still redundant in the context of an RP, being they're by nature read like bits of literature
    Speaking of which, do you have any idea how incredibly condescending, asinine, and pretentious you sound?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom