• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by Lord Kyuubi

1. Lord Kyuubi

DISCUSSION: Pokémon that grew on you because of fanfiction

Funny recent story about this, actually. Was writing a chapter recently, and I decided to give a villain a Liepard because of the specific needs of the scene. Then I decided I wanted to know a little bit more about the villains so I wrote a 1-page interlude from the Liepard's POV, and then...
  2. Lord Kyuubi

Why do people miss the Battle Frontier?

It gives me something to do in the postgame, and more reason and motivation to keep raising more Pokemon. I enjoy planning and raising semi-optimised Pokemon, thinking about their movesets, and finally putting them into action, but if there's nowhere else for them to fight than the Battle...
  3. Lord Kyuubi

EVERYONE: Happiness Is... This (One Shot)

I have said it before, I shall say it again, Ferdinand is a treasure. Don't have time to leave a proper review right now, unfortunately, but I wanted to let you know this story is pretty much the first thing I saw yesterday morning, and it was a wonderfully wholesome start to the day. Enjoyed...
  4. Lord Kyuubi

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

The prospect of finishing soon sound exciting. I believe in you, you can do it! For myself, I'm doing... reasonably well? Questionably. Well, I just decided a couple of days ago the best thing to do was to restart my outline from the beginning, since I now have a much clearer idea of where it...
  5. Lord Kyuubi

TEEN: ¡Patito!

Alrighty, here's some approximation of a review! First and most importantly, Ferdinand is precious and must be protected at all costs. I really enjoyed his childlike perspective on everything, being aware of what's going on in simple terms, but not really understanding the way an adult would...
  6. Lord Kyuubi

I remember ages ago reading a very good post entitled 'Why spell lists aren't magical', or something like that. Essentially, it was suggesting that having long lists of very specific spells - "this is a firebolt, this is a fireball, and this is a firestorm", or something like that - doesn't feel...
  7. Lord Kyuubi

Depends on why you're interested in the challenge in the first place. If it's just to generate material for the story, then yeah, you're probably better off just going straight to planning a story. A challenge run doesn't necessarily generate a great plot structure or pacing, since highly...
  8. Lord Kyuubi

Can't speak for BackSet, obviously, but for me at least it's mostly a matter of having more ideas than I have the time or motivation to work on, or that are just beyond my ability to write well. Sometimes an idea that sounds like a lot of fun doesn't work out when one tries to actually put it on...
  9. Lord Kyuubi

Fantasy Stories that only have Humans (no non-human races)

It's possible to do something like that, though something I didn't properly discuss in my first reply (which was not very well-written, to be honest) is there should still be a good justification to subvert expectations, rather than just doing it for its own sake. So to stick with this example...
  10. Lord Kyuubi

Fantasy Stories that only have Humans (no non-human races)

I mean, sure, you absolutely could make that work - there are many examples already out there of this being done very well. Different people look for different things in fantasy, of course, but if the story is good then someone's usual favourite fantasy race being missing would be a rather...
  11. Lord Kyuubi

Wasn't for me, but hey, I might give this a go as well.
  12. Lord Kyuubi

It's funny, every time I try to write something more lighthearted, it always ends up getting oddly personal and then straight back to being dark again. I might need to broaden my range a bit.
  13. Lord Kyuubi

Hello Ace, it's good to see you again. I'm not doing so badly for myself these days, lockdown has me working with rather less human interaction than usual, like everyone else at the moment, but otherwise things are okay. Hope you're doing well too.
  14. Lord Kyuubi

Sounds a fascinating idea, best of luck to you!
  15. Lord Kyuubi

I'm struggling to get back into Three Houses myself. I loved Crimson Flower, but playing Verdant Wind afterwards felt quite weak by comparison, I rather lost interest some months ago. I should get back to that.
Back
Top Bottom