L
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well I'm glad you like it xD the prologue is actually something I could've worked on a bit better since it was posted a long time ago, I still have some problems in regards to typos and grammar mistakes but at least I've gotten better. I'm glad that you like the setting so far cause setting is one of the things that are harder for me to do xD I constantly have to sit down and really think of what words I'm going to use and how I'm going to use them in order to describe settings properly. It's actually funny that you mention the fact that it reads like a manga because it is very much anime/manga inspired xD recently I started to kind of deconstruct that but you'll notice that there are a lot of times when it feels like you're reading a manga but...without drawings I guess.

I'm glad you like Chigon, he was a sort of last minute thing back when I was writing the first one and it was basically my way to sort of twist around the concept of an academy fic a bit, of course I also wanted him to not be a plot device or overpowered since I know that's usually taken advantage of a lot when the words "fakemon" are uttered. I wish I could've used Chigon a bit more in SYR but I actually kind of overused him a lot in DR too.
    Well I think you should give it a try, I would be interested in reading it too :p

Well my main fic is a Pokemon academy fic. It's called Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody, it's actually a sequel to a fic I had a few years ago xD you don't have to read the first one to read this one though since the first one had like 50 chapters.
    Yeah I'll see once I finish my new chapter xD

Hm? You mean like original stories outside of Pokemon? no they're not look down upon, in fact I think we could use a bit more of those. I wouldn't say people don't like them they just tend to get overlooked more often but they can be fun. If you mean Pokemon stories with original characters then you have nothing to worry about cause it's actually more common for fics here to have OC casts in their fics rather than existing characters :p
    I did read part of the first chapter xD one time, like months ago, I thought it was pretty silly and I did crack a laugh or two actually.

And yeah Gib's ideas are pretty interesting.
    Well I do know it's a parody/crack fic, I don't usually read those actually cause they can be a bit dumb no offense. But I do know that a lot of people like it and it was ranked pretty high during the awards (I was a judge and got to see what the judges in the other categories thought) so I think I'll give it a try to see how much I can laugh.
    Well even if it does come back I'll feel like it'll still have some problems, but well my main issues with these series is that people at times assume the worst, like say if a series presents a stereotipical character I can understand why it's bad, but that doesn't mean you should ruin the fun in it either. Plus it was the 80s when the manga originally came out the fact it gave characters from different ethnicities a chance to shine should already be good enough and it really is one of the few anime/manga that does it even to this day.

Well I've gathered good players, now I just need to make the RP really good xD I've been planning over how to start it properly.
    Yeah I'm not surprised the manga had so much trouble in the west considering how the market was back when it came out, you know with people thinking everything that looked like a cartoon was for children. It's good that it's getting a second chance though cause it definetily seems like a good anime, and hell I think Jojo is a good anime for people to get into anime since it's close to westen and other types of cultures.

Oh, good thing he doesn't die then xD I mean I've only seen one episode with him but he seems like an interesting character.

Yeah he told me he wanted to join xD at first I thought he was busy but either way it'll be good to have you both in it. I'll probably start it tonght or tomorrow actually.
    I think you said that in your blog, or sometime in mafia.

This ones cool. The bad guys are good, and the good guys are bad. Pretty unique in my opinion.
    I have a feeling I'm getting night killed. I just know.
    Wow, fun characters and a fun story and also has a fashion sense, though that explains so much actually, you don't see that much in manga or anime xD it's actually funny cause jojo's like one of those obscure franchises in the west but if it gets enough sponsorship like other anime do I think it could actually take off, like its feel is very western like at times.

I pretty much figured that after part 1 ending, that and that any returning characters will most likely die or something, I just get that feeling but I'll feel sad when I see Erina die and I figure Joseph's gonna die in Part 3 cause I know he's going to be an important character there from the anime commercials but I know he doesn't appear in any other arc after that. And yet, I like that actually. It's funny how a series can hang in the balance between the surreal and also realistic side of things.

Also thanks for joining Bounty Hunters, I'll be accepting your sign up tomorrow :p
    It really does match it perfectly, along with some DBZ aspects of its own too. Either way I actually finished the first arc and oh my god what a twist D: I did not expect Jonathan to die at all, guess that makes sense as to why his bloodline is "cursed" as the opening said. I also watched the first ep of Battle Tendency (love the title btw) and like Joseph already, he's really badass xD I feel bad that practically every character from the first arc is going to be dead before this arc ends though but I think that this "anybody can die" feeling actually makes it more realistic than most shonen battle anime.

It does look like an awkward sort of animation on its own actually xD

I do have to admit, I looked at the latest arcs and I was honestly surprised at the style. It isn't bad as much as unique in a sense cause like it's more of a realistic style combined with the usual anime style to create something new. Though Jotaro was based on Clint Eastwood so it makes sense they look like people xD and I am surprised at all the research he does and how deep he goes from what I've read. Actually isn't Jojo like the franchise for fashion of sorts xD like I know he's done work for fashion brands in japan. And really when I looked at the opening for battle tendency the only thing I could think of was "DO YOU EVEN POSE"
    Well I'm on episode 7 now, and it is true how they can kind of shrug off some of the things that they should overreact to. I for one find it a bit funny at times cause it feels like reading an old superhero comic book or something sometimes. But I do like the fact that there's a lot to expect from what's to come and it's engaging enough so far, plus I like classic fighting anime myself whether they make sense or not.

Well luckily it hasn't ben that bad and I am interested in seeing where all of this will go. And don't worry, I'm not planning on watching the OVA, no offense but seeing your avatar turned me off cause the animation doesn't really appeal to me much. And I have read a lot of good things about the new anime to boot even though it just came out. I have to give this studio props too for making the best of what they had with their first season since they had a small budget.

That's funny for some reason actually xD there is realism in the unrealistic and sense in the insanity or something like that. I have to admit the art was something that turned me off from reading the manga for years but after a few years I've learned that sometimes you can overlook the best of things by judging them for something that can be quite trivial at times.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom