• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
M
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It isn't as almighty as Machamp's No Guard Dynamic Punches (100% confuse rate if it hits and has 50% accuracy, but No Guard gives it perfect accuracy), but atleast it can do everything Take Down does better.
    Actually Rock Climb was very useful when it comes to attack moves. It had the same power and accuracy as Take Down but no Recoil, so Rock Climb actually helped alot for my Bibarel since it had a good STAB move that didn't have Recoil. My one Torterra has Rock Climb on it as well. Shame there's no TM for it in B/W.
    Back.

And I heard about the removal of most of the HMs in B/W. Cut is the only one that's really useless still, with Strength, Dive, Surf, Waterfall, and Fly having been upgraded since the past few gens into more powerful moves. I hear some reviews saying that HMs are only for optional areas though....
    I see what you mean about Cradily, except I'll probably be stuck with 2 Pokemon so far, but I'll be needing Rock Smash after the 3rd Gym. I'm probably going to catch a random Zigzagoon to use as a temporary HM slave before I get one of my next team members to put Rock Smash on. Hopefully Baltoy can learn that move so I don't have to carry around a Zigzagoon all day.
    You wanna know what I really hate though? That the Physical/Special split didn't happen until the 4th Gen.

And I don't know why you'd use Tropius over Swellow. My brother uses Tropius as well, but having a double weakness to Ice since it's Grass/Flying and also being weak to Swellow's flying attacks hurt it as well. Not to mention Swellow can do serious damage when statused, something that Tropius can't do.
    Most Water Types I see can easily be taken out by a Grass type such as Sceptile, but since you started with Mudkip, that may be a problem. My brother uses Manectric for dealing with Water types.

And yes, Aron is always useful. Shame it didn't get the dreaded Rock Head and Head Smash combo until HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    You know ever since I saw Drake's Salamence in the Elite Four, I always wondered how to get it for a long time, despite owning the guide book. X__X

Anyways, Bagon is found in Meteor Falls. All 8 badges need to be obtained first though, as a Waterfall blocks the way to Bagon (It's right at the first room of the cave as well). Try to find your way around the cave and eventually you find a small room which at the end is the TM for Dragon Claw. In this very room is where Bagon is.
    So far this is my planned Ruby team, how does it look?

Sceptile
    Aggron
    Dusclops
    Claydol
    Milotic
    Salamence
    The Pokemon anime was good when it first started, but now I just find it unbearable to watch. >< It's really the crappy voice acting that makes me hate it, but pretty much all the humor was sucked right out of it. 3:
    I used to be into it more than Pokemon actually, since the anime was mostly better than the Pokemon anime at the time. It's a shame Digimon isn't handled very well with the games. I have this one big idea on my mind that has so much potential as well that could really help the series out, but I keep thinking it'll be too overshadowed by Pokemon as usual and the fact I'll never even get started on it any time soon.
    I have all three games on my PSP thanks to their PSN re-releases, but what I REALLY want on my PSP is the 3 Digimon World games. I always wanted to try those games for a LONG time, but I never got the chance to since as I said, I don't have a PSone. Sure, they're playable on the PS3 by backward compatibility, but I'd like a PSN re-release so I don't have to take forever finding copies that are cheap and in a good condition.
    Funny thing is I had full access to the games because my brother had every version for the GameBoy and GameBoy Color. Years ago he had R/B/Y and G/S/C, but as years went on each of the carts got damaged to the point only Yellow, Silver, and Crystal remain, but Silver is starting to be effected by the internal battery problem that affects every other G/S cart and causes the cartridge battery to drain faster because of the constantly running clock. How do I know this? Silver can't keep track of time properly anymore.

But yeah, I WANTED a PSone, but I never got to that since it was too expensive. I'm surprised it sold so well given the price even with the games themselves being less expensive, but because I never got to play one years ago when I had a better chance, I don't look at the PSone as positively as I do the N64. The only PSone games I can think of that I like are the original 3 Spyro games and the original 3 Digimon World games.
    I've known Pokemon ever since I was alot younger. At the time I never enjoyed it as much as my Nintendo 64 platformers since at the time I never really understood RPGs at all (In fact because of my lack of a PSone I had no other RPGs other than Pokemon to see). It wasn't until Ruby I actually owned a game and played it alot more than other games, but when I looked at Pokemon as some of the best games I played just about a year ago then is when I started playing the series even more. I think Emerald and Diamond a bit after that helped me get interested more.
    During the time I had my first GBA SP, I played Yellow up to getting to Lavender Town for the first time and Silver and Crystal up to Ecruteak City. I can't remember which version but I do remember playing R/B long enough to evolve the starter to it's final stage.
    I can't exactly remember my very first Ruby file, but yes, Ruby was technically my first game, though I've somewhat played the 1st and 2nd Gens but never physically owned a Pokemon game until Ruby. I usually started with Torchic, but I'd also start with the other 2 as well. I NEVER beat the game using Sceptile though, as I could never beat the Elite Four with it. I only manage to beat the game with the other two. Mostly my training would focus on only the starter with rarely to never training anything else on my team after they evolved. The ONLY exception to this was Aggron, but I didn't always know it existed so Aron sat around in my team for a while untrained with not a clue as to what it evolved into.

Now I g2g to bed now... X__X Maybe I'll talk to you tommorow?
    I honestly had no clue what was what at first. I always thought all attack moves ran off of Attack. Because of that I had no clue what Special Attack and Special Defense did. I never really bothered though, as I always played the game the same with my Blaziken always having Slash, Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, and Double Kick as it's final moves. Some more rarer occasions have it learn Sky Uppercut when I actually manage to train it that high before starting the save file over again on Ruby.
    I NEVER did anything like this before. I even had a team planned out with Charizard, Golem, Gyarados, Nidoking, Raichu, and Pidgeot, but the plan fell through quickly due to Gyarados's inferior Special Attack (Waterfall wasn't Physical yet), I never evolved the Pidgeotto to Pidgeot, I used a thunderstone on Pikachu immediately and never used it in battle since a long time before that, I can't trade with the console games for Golem yet, and Nidoking, well, I don't exactly have a reason why I didn't train it like Charizard.

So basically, I had a full team with me, but only Charizard got 90% of all the training in the entire game so far.
    No, not grinding. Once I got to Lavender Town I literally stopped training everything else and training only Charizard upon evolution. All the battles since then were by trainers, since I chose to face every trainer on each Route before the Elite Four like I chose to with my Platinum file. Even then, my Platinum team is around their 60s, with my Charizard getting to Level 84 by mostly trainers. I expect it to become Level 100 after the next bits of the Sevii Islands and after it KOs the roaming Suicune with Blast Burn. Don't have a purpose for that Suicune due to the low IVs and the fact I can simply get one from Colosseum.
    Heh, the only reason I think I beat the game in a record time of 3 days of playing was because my Charizard is so overleveled it isn't even funny. After defeating Blue's last Pokemon it was Level 84.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom