• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Recent content by Marcat

1. Marcat

TEEN: Heart Swap

I liked the chapter. At a technical level, you're pretty good. That said, I do think it needs some work on it. I admire that you're willing to try and be spontaneous with writing your story, but unfortunately that kind of mindset doesn't translate well into practice and it shows. The chapter...
  2. Marcat

What video games are you playing now?

Guild Wars 2. Also in the middle of Ni No Kuni.
  3. Marcat

EVERYONE: What do you seek when reading a short-story?

I like a short story that's clear and concise. Get to the point. Don't drag things along, just tell me a good, interesting story. Stick to good ol' Chekhov's loaded rifle: if it ain't immediately relevant to the story, don't tell me about it. Best thing I can come up with off the top of my head.
  4. Marcat

Should worldbuilding come second to characters and story?

Interesting idea. In my opinion, the two aren't really mutually exclusive. I mean, look at the best short stories. I've read short stories that took place in these incredibly grandiose and imaginative worlds, all within the span of 10 or so pages. It's honestly astonishing. I think, if you...
  5. Marcat

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I would post in it, but I have nothing of note to be reviewed sooooooo yeah.
  6. Marcat

TEEN: The Long Walk

Huh. So I decided to read this story for the review game, and after reading the eighth chapter per the request, I got hooked and went straight for the ninth chapter to see what happens. It's a pretty interesting story. Here's what I think. I've always been fond of journey fics; they tend to be...
  7. Marcat

really? I might just have to check that out. and you never know, I might just surprise you ;)...

really? I might just have to check that out. and you never know, I might just surprise you ;) That, or I fail horribly, both viable options.
  8. Marcat

Well I was thinking this Journey/Crack Fic. Basically I was thinking I take the whole concept of...

Well I was thinking this Journey/Crack Fic. Basically I was thinking I take the whole concept of a journey fic...and mess it all up. I figured I'm make it episodic with arcs here and there with an overarcing storyline to make it easy to come up with ideas. =P You ain't gettin' anymore hints...
  9. Marcat

I have one idea that seems rather promising, I might just give it a go after I finish the...

I have one idea that seems rather promising, I might just give it a go after I finish the semester this month. Other than that, I'll mostly be hanging around. :P
  10. Marcat

COMPLETE: A Wish For It To Rain [One-Shot]

Wow, I'm flattered that you guys posted, even more so that you enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind words, it means alot! I'm currently stalking the workshop and just reading alot of stories, I'm hoping to be back at a semi-regular basis.
  11. Marcat

I'm flattered XD

I'm flattered XD
  12. Marcat

well I did say I would be back XD I'm just lurking around that moment.

well I did say I would be back XD I'm just lurking around that moment.
  13. Marcat

hey man wassup

hey man wassup
  14. Marcat

COMPLETE: A Wish For It To Rain [One-Shot]

I used to be quite active here a while ago, and some of my fondest memories were made here in the Writer's Workshop, creating my stories and reviewing others. However, I left because of real-life pressures. None of you may recognize me, and I don't expect you to. So allow me to introduce myself...
  15. Marcat

Ah, I see. I never really tried the RP here BG, I think I'll check that out too XD

Ah, I see. I never really tried the RP here BG, I think I'll check that out too XD