Recent content by Martonimos

1. M

Top Five Favourite Nintendo Videogames

I'll stick to one per franchise, or else this would be a list of five Metroids. Well, maybe four Metroids and one Zelda. 5. Fire Emblem (GBA) 4. The Legendary Starfy (DS) 3. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA) 2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) 1. Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
  2. M

Somebody set you up the bomb.

Ha! Game over. ...no, wait! I was talking to the badguys! You can keep playing.
  3. M

Favorite Superhero/Villain Quotes

Re: superhero quotes Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions on the DS has some of the best worst punning I've heard in a while, but the crowning moment of awesome has to be when Spider-Man barges in on Electro: Electro: Spider-Man! Spidey: Hey, Electro! Don't be so shocked to see me! Electro...
  4. M

The Best Videogames Nobody Played

Ah, that reminds me... SimCopter had a lot going for it, being sort of an open-world sandbox game long before GTA and its ilk got to be so popular. In career mode, you fly a copter in a series of pre-made cities, completing missions and earning money to buy better equipment and copters, as well...
  5. M

What video games are you playing now?

Just picked up Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions on the DS. A rather surprising departure from Web of Shadows, but awesome nonetheless.
  6. M

Xbox360 game of the year

I also voted for Limbo. While I don't personally like it, I still recognize it as an interesting, artistic game, and it's certainly more appealing than anything else on the list, save maybe RDR or BioShock 2.
  7. M

What's the chance of...

They'll do it eventually, but not anytime soon. Reggie recently said something about wanting to sell 15 million more Wiis before talking next-gen, and I don't see that changing much. With Sony and MS trying to push back the next generation a few years, Nintendo can seize the advantage by pushing...
  8. M

The Best Videogames Nobody Played

I've heard about that, and have been thinking about looking into it for a while... I'll see if I can find it at a good price.
  9. M

Sonic Colors

I mean, the Wii vs. DS versions. I'm a real Metroidvaniac, so when I hear "you can use new abilities to better explore old areas," I sit up and take notice. The Wii version sounds like it has more variety of colors, so that's the one I'm leaning towards now.
  10. M

Sonic Colors

That's what's drawing me in. I like being able to go back and access an area I couldn't reach with a new ability. How prevalent is this sort of thing in the different versions?
  11. M

Donkey Kong Country Returns

I'm debating this. As much as I love Retro's work with Metroid Prime, this sounds like the sort of title I'd never pick up otherwise. I played DKC once, and while it was OK, it didn't really keep me coming back for more (the best thing about it was the graphics, which are kind of a moot point...
  12. M

Somebody set you up the bomb.

YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND LIKE A RECORD BABY RIGHT ROUND ROUND ROUND
  13. M

Video games that should be made into movies.

Exactly. Sands of Time was a decent movie, but it was better videogame. Something like "a magic dagger that can reverse time" works a lot better as a gameplay element than a plot element. Overall, I found the dagger was pretty underused in the movie, whereas someone playing the game would be...
  14. M

General Metroid Discussion

Obviously, that's a decision for the mods to make, but I will point out that there's a Metroid social group on the boards here.
  15. M

Video games that should be made into movies.

Eh, there are fans for everything. I've heard the first Resident Evil, the first Mortal Combat, and the first Prince of Persia all called "good" movies, but all of them met with mixed reception, and I doubt anyone thinks they're "great." I liked PoP, for example, but definitely think it could be...
Back
Top Bottom