M
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• fml. That's a good way to put it. Yeah, considering the timing and everything, a lot of these new rules seem to intend to placate the people who go batshit if they see even one criticism about her regardless of how justified the critic is.

Not gonna lie, these new rules make me extremely hesitant to make posts knowing that even the tiniest off-hand comment in an otherwise fully on-topic, rule-abiding post can get me infracted. And I'm an idiot who takes it personally when I get infracted, during a time where I'm extremely emotionally unstable due to real life BS happening.

I wish there was a way to instill a rule that mandates users to grow the fuck up whenever they see someone dissing a character they like and somehow think that single sentiment will dominate every single thread in the anime forum. Seriously, if people are flipping out over a single topic dominating the discussion, why don't they TRY to steer it in another direction with another topic? And even if it doesn't work, why not keep trying instead of whining that the one attempt didn't work?

Seriously, their dumb bullshit is infringing on my creative freedom.
    I think people fail to realize the reason there was less complaining when DP was airing was because there was more to generally like. The problems with DP were forgivable, besides stuff like Ambipom being released and the rushed league.
    The only power Trip has is the power of plot convenience. :p And the power to waste our time - I still think Trip's entire story behind this tournament would be pointless had he just stayed around for the whole episode Alder appeared in rather than sulk off like the little bitch he is.

Maybe there's a bright side to this and he'll never appear again after the League and the NEW RIVAL will finally show up and hopefully not suck so much and take over whatever the hell remains of this series.
    As expected Iris mopped floor with Dawn too. Whats funny in whole story is that she did it twice with disobedient newly caught Dragonite which defeated with no problem two well trained ice types in a row, regardless of huge disadvantage. Yep, that's how ridiculous writing there is around Iris.

Perhaps now people which hated Misty will start to appreciate character more(im comparing sidekicks), with her we at least got some believable growth instead of this garbage.

I can already see Iris being in finals, and no i wont be shocked(hardly anything can surprise me anymore about this).
    HOW IS IT THAT I HAVE BEEN PREDICTING EVERYTHING IN THIS TOURNAMENT CORRECTLY SO FAR? HUH?

I hate this series. I want it to kill itself.
    Nope... my expectations remain to be the last thing I want to have happening. I'd be very surprised if Cilan made it past the first round, too. I think the semis will be Ash, Trip, Iris, and CotD. Ash and Trip can battle it out in the first semi, which Trip of course will win because they won't let his boring ass lose until the League this fall, and Iris can crush the CotD so then the finals can be Iris vs Trip, which I honestly think they can go either way depending on what the writers think is more important: the cheapest BW2 promotion with having Iris vs Alder, or having Trip battle Alder which I still believe will make no difference in Trip's character and having him get his ass whooped by a Champion as his last appearance before getting his ass whooped in the League isn't going to look good on him, but then again Trip's already a lost cause. That's mainly why I think Iris will win - because any attempt to do something with Trip will be pointless. They may as well just have him lose in the first round again so we can get a great running gag out of it. Have Burgundy beat him this time; that would be genius. :p

I still think the reason Stephan and Bianca aren't in this, besides time constraints, is so that Trip can make it past the first round by beating some nobody CotD, or even worse, Burgundy. I'll only be okay with Burgundy losing if she loses to Cilan. >:|
    Guess you're right. That's the only response anything connected to this warrants. :p

Super annoying that other people here are exaggerating the whole thing to ridiculous levels, though...
    Y'know, with all the blatant disrespect, namecalling, and extreme negativity he himself has shown, would that not make him a "hater" as well? :p Going by his own definitions, of course.
    I have to ask: Is it even worth watching the Anime anymore with the whole Iris debacle? Would it be best to just quit it and let it rot in its lackluster quality? I'm talking about me mostly but I'd like to ask why those who are irked by the Anime are clinging onto the Anime with Best Wishes fulfilling their worst wishes (LOL, see what I did there)?

And what about you? Why do you still watch the Anime despite BW's declining quality? Not saying you should but I'd like to ask why. I don't know I am myself...
    If being justifiably negative towards a fictional character and pointing out their flaws is abnormal and ridiculous, then I don't want to be normal and sensible.
    That's so beautiful, I can't ;_; I would think that Paul would be disappointed that he didn't get to kiss Ash and would come back to return the favor, but I suppose his heart was just too full of sadness that he didn't want to risk the rejection :( My OTP will never be canon *cries*

Your transformation to CommanderMasurao will soon be complete :p
    You're like everywhere with this, calm down, don't take it too seriously! Maybe things will turn out better than expected!!! D:
    I agree now that, most likely, Iris will beat Dawn... but that would be extremely stupid in ways words will never be able to describe...
    I just want this generation to end already... and hopefully gen 6's anime will be more DP-like...
    omg lol. This is just lol. XD

Anything is better than Toby McGuire and Kirsten Dunst playing an unconvincing couple. Except Iris. :p
    The fact that Iris is dealing with the exact same kind of type disadvantage YET AGAIN doesn't help either. Type disadvantages are this series' patented way of instilling faux drama and suspense into a battle where this would work if BW actually respected type logic more than once in a blue moon. Now it just backfired so much that whenever we see someone facing a type disadvantage in ANY battle, large-scale or battle-of-the-day, the victor is pretty much decided if they're the one with the type disadvantage, bonus points when Iris and/or Cilan mention that fact over and over during the battle.

Yeah, underdog narration + type disadvantage means in BW language that Iris should be winning this. At least that's how it works most of the time. This sure isn't making me feel for Iris in the least, though. They need to stop trying to insert pathos into any Iris battle, because it's just so laughably ineffectual.

Seriously. "oh noez, Iris cannot control her Dragonite! what DO?! that poor girl!!" Given that this is at least her SECOND time using Dragonite in the tournament and will almost assuredly have dealt with this issue in her battle with Georgia already, it's Iris' own damn fault for choosing to use Dragonite AGAIN when she has 3 other options. (Evidence seems to point this to being a tournament where multiple Pokemon can be used?)
    I can understand that... though for ages even here it was like, a handful of people who didn't like Iris trying to debate with a bunch of people who liked Iris but didn't know how to debate properly, mainly because they couldn't resist throwing personal digs and changing the subject to redirect the heat on anyone other than the character we were discussing (Cilan's become the famous scapegoat of Iris' shortcomings now), so for the longest time and even now to a degree, we wretched "Iris haters" (I'm really not comfortable with how that phrase is slung about, almost like some kind of slur) were having to take a lot of undeserved flak from the Iris fans who took it too far, which obviously was not all of them.

Having to deal with that for several months has worn me down, admittedly, so it's sort of a relief for me to see that most people, even the ones who gave me crap months ago, are seeing the bullshit for what it is rather than making excuses and/or ignoring it entirely. It can be boring when everyone has a unanimous stance on something, but I feel for the most part this is only a temporary reprieve before people have enough time to fully rationalize Dragonite's existence and use that to try and guilt-trip anyone who dislikes Iris, especially for that reason. :p But yeah, this is very reminiscent of how good I felt when some were no longer tolerating Iris' awful writing in the Don Battle. The longer this goes on, the harder it is to pretend everything's just peachy with Iris in the character/story department.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom