matt0044
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes, I saw that thread. Even posted on it.

----------
    There was no time to delve into it while dealing with Team Galactic's plan. Plus, the producers decided they were done with her, so just get rid of her.

Thing is, I feel like it's fitting. She caused pain and destruction everywhere she went, all to make a quick buck. It's karmic that she be taken out by Lake Guardians (even if it was after she defeated them). And I think I like her dying a lot better than being carted off to rot in prison along with the other bad guys...
    ----------
    I haven't been in much of a Pocket Monsters mood lately. Plus, I don't think I cared much for Hunter J among the things in the D/P anime. lol It was nice that they bothered showcasing a villain that wasn't beating around the "Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?" bush (at least, not as much, for that era), but people tend to act as if it was something so dark and edgy, which annoys me.

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm more active on Twitter nowadays than on here.
    Yes. Isn't everyone on Tumblr now?
    There's even some Bulbagardeners who are active on Tumblr, but not active here anymore. D:
    "Could I maybe PM you to ask you about story ideas of mine?"

Sure, I don't see why not.

"How are you?"

Fine. Struggling with college math classes and battling the flu right now, but mostly fine.
    It's not that I'm ignoring you - I just have an important deadline that I'm trying to meet right now for uni, so I haven't had much time to spend on the forum. I'll respond to your PM when I can.
    People who prefer the modern anime over other canons and rant about all the "flaws" in the other canons are caught up in a bias fan-syndrome I like to call "tunnel-vision". You have to deal with it - as I've noticed, this problem is interspersed into different parts of the Pokemon fandom, not just the anime, and as you probably are rational and come up with valid and irrefutable basis for your own opinions, you need not get so worked up over idiots who are probably never going to come up with a fair way of thinking.

Some people like to say "oh well durr it's just my opinion so you're an ass to say its dumb because i'm entitled to it", but people need to realize that there is truth to the phrase "some opinions are better than others." People who have shit opinions and try to defend them using "subjectivity" to affirm their stupidity are swimming in a sea of illogical fallacies and red herrings.
    Yeah, I tend to think things over too when I feel like I'm going to blow up or say something stupid, so I feel you there (not like that's the reason you mull over). I tend to be sarcastic, which doesn't come across well on the internet, and then bad stuff happens.

I was going to point out the mention tag--have you tried @[name];, or is it fundamentally a flaw in the coding of mentions themselves?
    Look, I'm sorry if I offended you. Ever, since we seem to be at odds with just about everything. However, digging through month-old posts and using them as an excuse to gripe at me when I don't even remember the context of the post is surely not the best way to solve this. Might I suggest that you stop seeing everything as an insult when I assure you it's not?

And, no, I do not. May I ask why?
    I don't have time to read fanfics in general since I have college along with my weeb anime/manga/VN backlog.

I'm typing this message at the computer lab just as we speak.
    Well written. I liked how you called out the sexism and stereotyping towards female characters and how they should act. I agree, just because White/Touko wears tomboy clothes doesn't mean she has to act like a fearless tomboy. Pokemon fans seem to have this notion that everything simply has to be seen above the surface.

And no, I don't have a Tumblr blog even though I follow a few. I only have my non-Tumblr anime blog. Well, I attempted to make a Yuugiou blog only for it to die after a few posts.
    Going fairly well, though very busy

I'm afraid I haven't gotten a chance to read that fanfic yet, though I'd really like to. I already feel you made a better story than Best Wishes did :) (then again, who couldn't! :lol:)
    ----------
    I disagree. Team Plasma would be portrayed as twisting the facts and taking advantage of the ignorant masses who wouldn't be such deep thinking philosophers. Not to mention bring up the harm humans like hunters have done to Pokemon. I've been on the internet, seeing how ignorant people can get (not naming any name though).
    ----------
    Good point. Hadn't thought of it like that. The folks of Pokeworld can be pretty simple, can't they? Especially since there was something in the air around Isshu that made people kinda stupid. It doesn't hurt that there were several jerks & bad guys to suggest people & Pokémon weren't as close they are everywhere else.

Still, the I'm not sure the producers were comfortable with people saying "Catching & training Pokémon is bad!" after 11 years & hundreds of episodes showing them being ridiculously close. Pokémon Liberation worked the games & manga, but the TV Show made it to where it's hard to imagine Pokémon would need or even want to be free. Just look at all the times members of Ash-tachi or the TRio befriended their Pokémon or had them given to them instead of weakening them. Not to mention how Gym Leaders, Rivals, E4 members, and even friggin' COTDs were almost family with their Pokémon. Conversely, it's usually bad, evil people that try to hurt Pokémon when catching them.

The Show almost goes out its way to make Pokémon perfectly happy being companions/servants/slaves for their trainers (Pokémon: Saying that friendship is magic LONG before that show about little horses was rebooted), which means that TP's liberation goal wouldn't have had as much impact as in the games & mangas.

I really like your idea, but I'm not sure the Show's producers would've gone there either...
    Twists don't need to have obvious foreshadowing, I agree. I personally had no problem with Crystal's Fear of Failure in the GSC arc.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom