• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
M
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just leave that to me! Go straight into the Roleplaying Games Forum and don't click on any links until you see a title that says "RP Start - Bitterness and Ruthlessness Does Not Equal Justice". Once you see that, I've gotten the forum up and have written down the first line. Just add onto that about your character and we'll be already! All right?
    I almost forgot, once you're ready, we have to start a new thread. Hopefully you're reading this right now so we don't get into trouble. .
    (Went over the limit)

This is what people in the fanon world like to call "Mary-Sue"(for females), or "Gary-Stu" (for males). Males can also be called different names, like Marty-Stu, as well. So that is something to avoid.

A Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu (If your character was perfect beyond belief with no flaws, they's be a Gary-Stu, since your character is male) is someone who has no noticeable flaws, or any flaws at all. Examples of good flaws would be irrationality, inability to learn from mistakes, and/or coldness towards others.

Other simple things -- like nail bitting, inability to swim (which Nareta cannot), fidgeting, et cetera -- are also good flaws.

Any questions?
    All right, for RPing, the first rule is to always use good grammar. We're going to RP in a story-style fashion. Example -

'I looked up at the sky, "the stars sure are beautiful tonight," I said aloud.'

And so on. Another rule is to be polite and always wait your turn. If you've posted something, and I haven't responded for a moment, you shouldn't post something else. It's not good etiquette and the other person will think you're rude. There's not much more to it, except you have to remember to keep your character IN-CHARACTER through the RP. Now, Nareta's rude and ruthless. If she meets someone she actually likes, she won't go nice in a matter of seconds. It will take her a while to actually change. That's an example.

Another example, if you're character is a book-worm, they'd probably be hesitant about going to parties. If they don't know anything about technology, then they can't just become tech-savvy.
    Certainly! Just go to the sign-up sheet I posted, and insert your information! I have all of the information needed in my description of my character, i.e., "name, age, gender, history, starter, et cetera."

Have fun with making up you're character, and we can start as soon as a few more people sign-up!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom