Recent content by mel123

1. mel123

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

These remind me of Hawk's Eye, Tiger's Eye, and Fish's Eye in Sailor Moon. D: I really like the Water one. And it doesn't help that I had a dream about Popplio yesterday /dead
  2. mel123

The Alola Region

I'm not too impressed by Alola. As I already mentioned, I find it cheap to already return to the US. I would have liked Game Freak to do more globe-trotting and, say, visit Egypt or Australia. Hawaii gives me "vacation" vibes, which, I think, is in line with the "filler generation" argument that...
  3. mel123

The Alola Region

The giant "beanstalk" island is cute too. I wonder about its purpose? Could be magic-/fairy-tale-related. Also, the beanstalk looks like it was made with cardboard...Maybe it's the shading that's just off.
  4. mel123

The Alola Region

The three central villas/resort hotels look interesting. There is one on each main island, barring the deserted one. I wonder about their purpose. Something I like about the third (?) and most obscure one is its fish-looking sign: Could this be a new Pokemon? It reminds me of diner signs, with...
  5. mel123

The Alola Region

I don't think I misinterpreted what you think; I think I understood your point about the scale changes seen from X/Y/OR/AS to S/M. I thought it was important to talk about the scale changes seen in Pokemon throughout the generations. This is why I talked about these changes in my understanding...
  6. mel123

The Alola Region

My problem with how space is taken up in OR/AS is relatively simple to understand. I didn't find immersion happening as I played these games. For example, on Route 120, heading into Route 121, I was utterly perplexed by the large amount of space there was around me as I walked around (maybe I...
  7. mel123

The Alola Region

One thing I hope about this game is that most, if not all, areas are accessible and full-fledged and fleshed out. For example, I am eager to visit the locks/water basins on the northeastern island. I am hoping that these are not merely "there" and serve a purpose that is rooted in the game...
  8. mel123

The Alola Region

I'm guessing this is because the oceans are "dangerous." I hope they mention (in game) that this is the reason why we can't surf between islands. The vast sea is much too monstrous for players to be taken on. I like the fact that we have water routes instead. That they are in place, I think...
  9. mel123

What does ^'s signature tell you about them?

^ likes art and is open.
  10. mel123

The "Check Your Signature" Thread

Is mine OK?
  11. mel123

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

These give me so much life. I love the creepy and horrifying look each of them has on their embodiment. My favourite is...I don't even have one! The Grass one gives me Shurimon teas. The Fire one -- it reminds me of the pumas in Tomb Raider. Love its simplicity. That Popplio evolution is...
  12. mel123

Starter discussion/speculation

I love this!!! I'm still thinking about which starter I'll pick. I have strong love for Grass Pokemon. Always, when a new gen starts, I'm raiding the Grass lists, thinking about which Pokemon I'll have on my team for the new-game run. If the Grass Pokemon in Alola are cool and cute, I'm...
  13. mel123

The Alola Region

How do you think we'll navigate these routes? Boat? Surf? I wonder what it'd be like to surf (by ourselves) early in the games. Maybe we'll get a Lapras sort of Pokemon to help us...but this wouldn't feel as surfing surfing we've been getting in the past generations. I wonder if they're changing...
  14. mel123

Generation VII confirmed!

I got the sense that this comment was directed at the franchise as a whole, given the response it elicited on forums and social media platforms. If it was initially an art thing, it shocks me that it was made to turn into something more at the core of Pokemon...If the core of Pokemon was made to...
  15. mel123

Generation VII confirmed!

Is this about the "returning to simplicity" he's been talking about? Because more new features doesn't necessarily mean large or very different features...I think they can offer big changes without having a lot of them. If simplicity is the issue, this (simplicity) in itself might be a big shift...
Back
Top Bottom