M
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ah well there's still time! It's good that you like singing though, I find it's nice and relaxing provided you don't strain your voice too much like I did, haha :)
    I've been playing the piano and trombone classically since I was 9...so for about 8 or so years now
    I've also been playing the bass guitar self-taught for about 5 years, and I sing (and play bass) in my own band, Operation 51. If you're interested, here's the link to one of our main pages. It would mean a lot for you to check it out: ReverbNation
    Yeah it's understandable why people like Rihanna's music, but I can't overlook the fact that she's so Unbelievably cocky. I stay out of the whole collective 'Pop' genre because the artists all think they're the best thing to ever set foot on the Earth. Annoys the hell out of me.
    So do you play any instruments or anything? I've noticed that a lot of Metal fans tend to play the guitar or sing or something. It's okay if you don't though :)
    Yeah I know 'Where the Wild Things Are'. I did think it had some war element in it, but what I liked is the fact that its meaning is left open to interpretation, so that anyone can find their own meaning in the lyrics. That's what I love about Metallica's songs, and metal in general.
    And yeah I could rant on forever about how bad music is now! Never heard of Drake - probably someone else they just plucked out of nowhere by listening to Youtube vids. It's when they finally drop Justin Bieber, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj off a cliff that the music industry will actually have seen sense. I hope I'm there to see it!
    Yeah, I really like James Hetfield's voice. I tried to copy his singing style while singing with my band a few years ago and almost lost my voice completely though, haha.
    Really, I like any music that has deep meaning behind it and uses REAL instruments (which is why I like Metallica so much). IMO, pop and rap are far too shallow; they only seem to talk about Facebook and breaking up with someone (plus the artists are all incredibly arrogant). I much prefer music that requires you to think a bit. And I really don't like synthesised instruments, they've always struck me as a kind of way to cheat at making music (especially that damned Dubstep sub-bass!). People criticise Metallica's later stuff a lot, yeah, but it shows that they're not afraid to experiment without being pinned down by militant thrash metal fans.
    Oh definitely Metallica. To be honest, I haven't really explored Megadeth in any great depth - I was kinda put off by Dave Mustaine and his drunken past with Metallica, although I've heard a few songs and they seem to be pretty decent. Which do you prefer?
    Ah my knowledge of Iron Maiden is pretty much limited to 'The Trooper' and 'Run to the Hills' unfortunately...
    Actually when you come to mention it, I don't like KISS half as much now as I did when I was younger. I've recently got into more blues-influenced classic rock, like ZZ Top - those feel-good bands whose music you just can't help smiling at :)
    Oh I love S&M - the best live album out there in my humble opinion.
    My favourite song of theirs is still Fade to Black. It's been my favourite ever since I first listened to it. But after that, it's so hard to decide which ones I like best.
    Which other bands do you like then? Apart from Metallica, my all-time favourite band is Alter Bridge, followed closely by KISS.
    Yeah I really didn't like Lulu either - Lou Reed's singing truly is a very acquired taste.
    Oh I'll be looking forward to that new album now. What's your favourite Metallica album then? I know a lot of people hate their new stuff, but really I prefer it. I never really got into their thrashy albums like And Justice For All or Ride the Lightning. My favourite's probably the Black Album, although I really like Death Magnetic and Load too.
    Thanks! How did you run into my posts by the way? I don't think I've posted for about, wow, four years now. Jeez has it been that long?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom