Mitchman
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I am currently progressing with my Normal-type reviews, and one component that I added is quotes from other people about Normal-type families. Do you have any particular Normal-type families you would want to do? (The wider the range, the better) I'll check and see if your choices are available.

Sorry if the request seems abrupt.
    But the pace is clearly faster than Sinnoh's. Compare XY058 to DP083 for Ash's fourth badge; that's a gap of 25 episodes. I doubt that the league will be over by the end of 2015, but it very well could by early 2016, and a filler arc doesn't seem very likely to me (Ash isn't going to repeat the Battle Frontier and I doubt that Game Freak will give him something else to do no matter what). The generation could last until late 2016, but 2017? I don't see that at all.
    ----------
    But still, I refuse to believe that gen 6 won't have another release.
    ----------
    You keep changing your mind on that, so it's hard to take you seriously.

Masuda has said that he's interested in the New 3DS, but he thinks that compatible games (same generation) should use the same hardware, which is why ORAS are regular 3DS games. It's crystal-clear what this means.
    There is no reason to prolong this generation. We know that Masuda is interested in the New 3DS, but also that he wants compatible games to use the same hardware. There is no way they can manage to release new games for the successor in 2017, either, so releasing a new generation in 2016 for the New 3DS is the only sensible option.
    Wow. I guess I was wrong to assume that Zygarde would necessarily get a movie no matter what. It's pretty ridiculous that they're giving the Weather trio two Mega Evolution specials and a movie. Here's my input on this development.
    ----------
    IIRC from the generations before Unova, its IDs where all used.
    ----------
    No. Game IDs were introduced in Generation III; there are a total of 14 GBA games, and yet XY start from 24. That means that there are 10 unused numbers, or maybe 9 since Colosseum and XD apparently use one of the numbers.

----------
    Anyway, tomorrow's gonna be a fun day, first footage is coming for movie 18, then things can be considered a bit more concrete.
    ----------
    They won't. It goes almost without saying that Zygarde will be featured in a movie, which means nothing in itself. Most people will pretend that it proves that another Kalos game is coming despite Masuda considerably downplaying that possibility.
    The game IDs mean nothing. There are plenty of unused ones from previous generations.

Saying that Mega Evolution Act III is pointless in terms of ORAS promotion is like saying that Act I was pointless in regard to XY. The timing isn't ideal, but so what? The anime's pacing has always been off.
    They barely have time for one third version (which they've actually ruled out, unlike DLC), let alone anything more substantial.
    I don't know about you, but I have considered it because I've seen the idea brought up multiple times. We don't need a new region in this generation, especially given the fact that Masuda doesn't want to utilize the New 3DS within a 3DS-based generation. Besides, XY foreshadowed a faraway region.

One or two areas from southern France would suffice for DLC.
    So DLC would be for Hoopa itself and the movie would be for the Unbound Forme? That could work, but I am pretty sure it would piss off most people.
    They could give Hoopa exposition via DLC without making it obtainable. I'd find that more satisfying than an event that requires both DLC and a distribution.
    I still find it worrying that they gave Hoopa another generic event in ORAS, which suggests a regular distribution. They could just have the movie be about Zygarde, Hoopa and Volcanion, with none of the DLC addressing the latter two.
    As I've said before, the next generation may be released in the first half of 2016 if they want to push the New 3DS and 20th anniversary in a timely fashion.
    It would, but they may stick to their old marketing scheme, which shouldn't mean anything. I expect Zygarde to be revealed this month regardless of what they do with Hoopa. The only way Hoopa will be used for DLC is if Volcanion ends up being the real star of the movie.
    The event Pokémon are pretty much always the stars (Movie 16 is arguably an exception), so I don't see how the movie can "prove" the lack of a new Kalos game. Zygarde should be featured regardless.

If they reveal Hoopa this month rather than wait until February, then that will support the DLC theory. But Hoopa isn't needed for DLC, so don't be surprised if we just see Zygarde this month (and maybe the Eon duo).
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!" How did you come up with that phase anyways. I'm curious!
    From the games:

----------
    Mega Evolution... Primal Reversion... And who knows what other forms of Evolution that may have become lost in the passage of time... Many evolutionary possibilities may have come and gone since Pokémon first appeared in our world...
    ----------
    From a Korean interview:

----------
    Q: The games became more exciting with Mega Evolution. Does this mean we won't have normal evolutions in the future?

Masuda: Mega Evolution is a special evolution which indicates a deeper relationship between humans (trainers) and their Pokémon. There are diverse evolution methods within Pokémon, and thus I imagine there will be many diverse evolution methods everyone could enjoy (in the future).
    ----------
    Personally, I just want to see new cross-generational evolutions. But the quotes indicate a new mechanic.
    The Mega Stone restriction is the bare minimum Game Freak could have done to prevent a startling power creep. I don't see the appeal of treating Mega Evolutions as Formes, either.

I can't say I support a new evolution mechanic, but they're already hinting at it (several of them, in fact).
    I never said that. But considering what the games and Masuda say about more evolution methods possibly existing, it's pretty obvious that the Mega universe isn't all we're ever going to see. If they wanted, they could release games from separate universes in the same generation.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom