Recent content by Nick102

1. N

Review XY060: Aim to be the Kalos Queen! Serena Makes Her Debut!!

Exactly. They've done the contest stuff two times already, and it contributed to my growing loss of interest in following the anime, so I was looking forward to seeing Serena end up differently and be another girl that didn't need contests to be an interesting character.
  2. N

Which Starters are Canon (Hoenn)

Since May's anime counterpart started with Torchic, I can only assume it would be canon in the games for her game counterpart to have the same starter. Of course, it didn't stop me from making her choose Treecko when I first played Ruby.
  3. N

You know, all this talk is starting to make me wonder if the anime might have been better if Ash had been a solo character, like Red in Pokémon Origins. No female characters with inconvenient goals that take the focus of the story off of battling and exciting adventure (which I got much of off...
  4. N

A trainer's goal could be as simple as loving to travel the world, battle with other trainers, and catch Pokémon (and in the case of Ash, Misty, and Brock: wanting to stick together through bonds of friendship). And that's why I like the original series of the anime, because it's core themes...
  5. N

And again, why do all these female protagonists have to be given this goal? I'd rather have one that's a basic trainer than more of these "I'll put on a spectacle of beauty with my cute Pokémon!" trainers.
  6. N

I was looking through the screenshots for this episode on Filb.de, and all I can say is "Really, Serena? You're crying cause you screwed up your contest performance?". I don't mean to sound insensitive, but my point is why must almost every new female character in the series since May be forced...
  7. N

Mega Audino and Slowbro revealed: Korean Pokémon site quickly removes pages

I really hope they do Mega Slowking after this.
  8. N

Character customizations?

But suppose you weren't satisfied with their default clothes like in X & Y? They could throw in Brendan and May's original clothes from R/S/E to please fans of the original games. As for hairstyles, I can't help but be curious about what May would look like with different hairstyles, though I...
  9. N

Your wish about future episodes?

My wish is for Ash to never get a Greninja, simply because of my grudge against him being announced for the new Smash Bros. game when I wanted Mewtwo instead. If the main character of the anime whom I always enjoyed watching the adventures of now has to have Greninja on his team, I'd probably be...
  10. N

Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y

I'm kind of torn between the two of them actually. I like how X made Charizard part Dragon type and even like it's design, but I like Y for keeping a more consistent skin color with normal Charizard and it's pre-evolutions, as well as for it's Drought ability.
  11. N

Preview Upcoming Summer Camp arc

You know, that's actually how I feel about May and Dawn being made Coordinators in the anime. I didn't care for contests in Gen 3, so I guess I felt like it was shoehorned into the anime as part of the storyline when it was just a completely optional thing in the games. Like you said, I probably...
  12. N

Which Hoenn starter will you choose?

After seeing Mega Swampert, I'm actually rethinking using Blaziken in the remakes (who I usually consider to be the coolest looking of the three fully evolved Hoenn starters) and will probably start the game with Mudkip instead. I just really like Swampert's bulky new Mega Evolution more than...
  13. N

The First Glitch You Ever Exploited

It was a long time ago, but I just remember losing my save file one day and the only reasonable conclusion I could come to for it was because I knew I was taking advantage of an in-game glitch in that save file. But for all I know that file may have gotten lost for some other reason.
  14. N

The First Glitch You Ever Exploited

That was also my first glitch, only I used it in Pokémon Gold. Unfortunately I eventually lost the save file I had because of it.
  15. N

Does Mega Evolutions mean that GF is getting out of ideas???

One thing I had to question about the Pokémon series eventually is just how long we would have to collect new species of Pokémon in order to complete the Pokédex, following the "Gotta catch 'em all!" logic of Gen 1, and I guess now that we have Mega Evolution it sort of raises the question of...
Back
Top Bottom