NoirGrimoir
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It depends, cause it takes a while for Negima to get good, like 50 chapters or so where most of it is what you'll find in usual harems but with some action sprinkled on it from time to time.

I don't get why either, I mean if they don't like it then why read it if it hasn't changed to the type of manga you like after all this time then why bother insisting with it. And yes it does take a while xD but even if things tend to drag I still like how it at least tries to keep the edge as best it can. And I think a lot of people like Grimmjow xD for me he's normal but I don't know why a lot of people like him so much aside from his six packs.

Yeah FT is tamer in that way, plus it's really cool and has interesting characters. And I like Freezing xD though I dropped the manga about a year ago while I waited for more chapters to come out, it's just that I felt like it was kind of dragging a little bit but I've been thinking about going back to reading it.
    Oh Beelzebub is awesome xD it's like the perfect blend of fighting and gag, though the only possible complain I have with it is that we never did go back to that Demon World plotline that was established before but I still like it very much cause the arcs are really fun an enjoyable, plus Oga's just awesome even if he is OP.

And Fairy Tail is one of the few ecchi mangas that are really enjoyable, plus I like the way they use magic though I guess you can't really call it magic as much as just different powers, the current arc has been the longest FT arc by far though and while it was a sudden skip I kind of liked it, though I do see your point I mean even if they skipped it doesn't seem like things have changed too much from how they were before.

Oh if you want a harem with a great plot you should check Mahou Sensei Negima, it's an awesome magic manga xD it's really cool and it has great fights and a great plot, and it uses magic in a very unique way, though that's just the manga cause the anime's utter crap in my opinion.
    Well I guess I could give it a look.

I know right xD well Minato's my favorite character from Naruto, yeah I know it's weird since he's been dead all this time and we've only seen him in flashbacks but there's just something about it I enjoy. However out of those three Naruto's on third place for me simply because of the fact that it tends to drag a lo and sometimes I lose the hang of what's going on, though it does have some cool fights. Though things seemed to be picking up in the latest chapters.

Yeah originally I didn't want to read One Piece because of the art xD I like the classical styles more so I was adamant about the cartoonish style that One Piece had but a friend of mine and my ex made me read it and I liked it, of course I liked the more plot related arcs than the silly ones, for one I didn't like Punk Hazard cause...well it was just too weird for me. And I do agree that Luffy seems to get dumber and dumber, though part of me thinks that maybe it's his mind's way of coping with Ace's death or something. Though right now the only thing I want from One Piece is for it to finally start resolving some of the many plotlines it has established xD

For Bleach...well my fave is Ichigo even if he is suish there's something I really like about him. I can agree with you regarding the lack of plot in recent chapters especially since the arc jumped right into the plot when it started but hey at least it isn't as bad as the Arrancar Saga xD Bleach is probably my favorite one among those top three as it reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho. It's actually weird to find someone that likes Bleach without thinking it over too much xD I mean it has its errors but I figure that if you like it then why question it so much?
    Well, there are definitely smut yaoi, but most of them focus a lot more on romance than I think the average yuri, though part of it just might be that I can handle the soppiness better when reading yaoi than when reading yuri. I know Yaoi that go on for chapters and chapters and hardly even have a peck or a kiss, because they are developing the relationship.

All the 3 big shounen are on my list. I like Naruto a lot, Kakashi is totally my favorite character. One Piece I like, even if I think Luffy just keeps getting dumber and dumber, but it is a weird manga in that it deals with a lot of serious issues, but the art is very stylized so it's almost hard to take it seriously. I love Bleach, but I am getting a little irritated at Tite Kubo for so little going on in most of his chapters. It's like, Come on, man! Give us more than a few lines of characters waxing poetically and swishing swords around, give me some actual, meaty plot! Also more Mayuri, because he's my favorite. Beelzebub and Fairy Tail are sort of sneaking in there to make it a "Big 5" rather than a big 3, though I'm a couple chapters behind in Fairy Tail. I think Beelzebub is hilarious and I like Fairy Tail, though I think the time-skip was an odd move for the mangaka.

Cool! Thanks a lot! I'll be looking forward to your review!
    And that was even before the Grand Scale started xD though I kind of like those few chapters cause they had more focus on Kazu who's particularly my favorite character from Air Gear, he just seems to be the one to get more development at the end of the day in my opinion.

Then what's yaoi mostly about?

Well I just finished reading this manga that had over 200 chapters in one week xD I was shocked, I'm still a real hardcore action fan, I mean I grew up with those types of anime and it's what I'm used to mostly, though now even shonen mangas have changed a bit, it's like people are trying to explore more into it than just stick to blind action like in olden days. By the way what are your opinions on animes like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto though I don't think the last one was on your list.

Anyways you only requested chapter 1 for the RG but I'm going to be reading chapter 2 as well, might as well read the whole thing.
    Um, Ikki was in some random underground club thing full of debauchery or demons or something and wore a crow mask (I think) and fought his friend as some kind of test of friendship or rivalry or something O_O I was honestly super confused about what was going on at that point, hence stopping.

Well, I won't force you. I guess I can understand being nervous about it, but I know lots of straight guys who once they've read a yaoi they're like, "You know, that wasn't such a big deal after all." I would read Yuri, but I've just never noticed one that looked very interesting to me. I don't personally get anything from the smut content in a Yuri, so if I read one it's got to be because it has a good plot, and a lot of Yuri is either smut/ecchi, or it's super-shoujo-ish and school-age melodrama isn't my favorite thing to read when I could be reading other things.

Psychological manga getting more common? Hm, I don't know about that. That stuff has always been around, it just wasn't as popular before. You hear about it more now since people are interested in them. I happen to read very quickly (or maybe not quickly, but...intensively? When I'm reading I'm hardcore reading, undistractable), so generally if there's something I want to read, I just read it. I could read a couple hundred chapters of a manga within a few days.
    At what point did you stop reading it by the way?

I just think it's a bit weird xD I mean it's not that I have anything against that but it would be kind of strange in a way though I guess it does come as a double standard sine I've read yuri anyway.

Oh I chanced upon the second one once a long time ago, it seemed cool but with all the mangas that pop up on my list there are a lot that I never get a chance to read xD and yeah you do strike me as more psychological in a way, those mangas have been getting more common lately.
    What you said about Air Gear is completely right. I was reading it when it was still updating and after a while it just go too hard to figure out what was going on for the reasons you said.

Hehe, you won't touch yaoi? Well, I can understand why it wouldn't be a favorite, but I don't think there's any reason to say you've never read it. You should read one, heh. I can recommend you one that is light-hearted, funny and isn't graphic at all. You know, just so you can say you've read one.

My favorite genre of manga, huh? Hm, that's hard to say. I think science-fiction and psychological, though I read all sorts of things (though I'm not a fan of ecchi and harems, they rarely have anything resembling a plot). I think Eternal Sabbath is probably one of my ideal, favorite manga of all time (that isn't yaoi). I highly recommend it. Same with Until Death Do Us Part. They've got everything, action, mystery, romance, science-fiction and interesting characters. And Mamoru in UDDUP is a totally hot badass. O_O
    Well considering I don't know more than a quarter of those mangas I didn't really notice xD oddly enough yaoi is the only genre I swore I would never touch, well it used to be yaoi and yuri but my gf is making me read a yuri one -w-

I know right? L's death was really sad, I mean I still liked DN but it wasn't as good after his death though I watched the anime which dealt with things a bit better than the manga in a way, though I don't really think I can spoil xD.

All those seem like the type of Manwha I would like xD I'm a real sucker for action and fighting genres, though I do tend to vary from time to time into sports or romance and such, I actually take a lot of influence from all those things into my writing so that's why I like to vary my tastes so as to not overdo it with just one genre. Speaking of that what are your favorite genres?

The weird part about Double Arts was that it was popular when it started then for some reason sky rocketed and was cancelled, it was a big surprise.

Air Gear is good but it's better to read it in a row, which is good cause the manga's already ended but one of the things that turned me off was that unless you keep reading it in a row the plot will get confusing due to all the week breaks, the plot in Air Gear was already confusing enough as it is though it does have its moments and while it's critiqued about its weirdness it tried to add its own original touches to things. D Gray Man I liked but after the Noah arc things just started dragging on and it takes so many hiatuses that I just forget what's going on whenever a new chapter comes out.
    Oh my god I finally found someone who read Immortal Regis and The Breaker xD it's hard to find someone that likes manwha though I've only read 4 myself. Though I kind of like the Breaker more than New Waves they're both cool but New Wave's plot moves too slowly.

Ooooh Double Arts, I was really sad to see it get cancelled, it had a lot of potential in my opinion.

Weird to see someone dropped Death Note xD that's a first though I can understand why you dropped Air Gear and D Gray Man.

I love Beelzebub too, it's in my top ten (in my mind I don't have a my anime list account, though I should)
    Well then that just means I'll have to make sure they're as good as can be xD you're a great writer so I'd want to at least write something you can enjoy though I'd welcome your insight as well since I still need to improve a lot more.

Well yeah longer chapters would take longer to update, especially if you take rereading into account as well as editing. But wow that's a lot it really is amazing xD But yeah for journey fics shorter chapters are better in a way, the point of a journey is that the plot and the characters should keep moving, of course in one long chapter they can move a lot but a lot of things happening in one chapter isn't too good either.

That is totally not how I imagined it xDD wow I'm completely shocked in all honesty, for one I saw him younger kind of more anime-esque in a way though then again that's how I imagine all characters in fics I read (it seems kind of easier for me) and that's a set of thinking that I actually hadn't considered, since your POV is a combination between third and first it would make a lot of sense, hell people describe those features in first person too without thinking of that.
    Yeah I've been wanting to read it but I don't want my ongoing fic to be part of the game but rather this other one that I was planning, but I wanted to finish writing the prologue and actually post it before reading cause otherwise I'd have no fic to propose.

I'm kind of amazed about how you can write such chapters honestly xD even when I put my best into my chapters I still can only get up to 8 or 9k though my chapters are usually shorter than that unless it's a very important chapter.

I like the way you do your battles, they flow really well with the dialogue which makes them easier to read, originally I was confused as to why there was little description about Salem's appearance but then I realized that with little description it's easier for the reader to make their own image in a way.
    Well I started reading your fic (review game but it was in my list too so I figured I'll kill two birds with one stone) and while I'm only halfway through chapter one I really like it xD your writing style and POV are different and unpredictable and...honestly, one I really really like.
    I know your fic xD it's in your banner but right now I'm trying to take a break from reading since I spent all last week doing so and forgot to do some of my own writing.
    Well I agree that we´re not exactl the best in terms of skill, we do have some good writers but only the more experience ones at least. Legacy´s a pretty great writer and there are a bunch of others like Acetrainer and such but we´ve actually lost a lot of good writers with one of the WW becoming an admin and the other one practically leaving.

Though I did notice that you definetily look like someone that knows her way around things, it´s easy to tell by the way you post, people with a lot of experience have more to say on matters and can explain themselves better.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom