Recent content by old guard truthseeker

1. O

Review S11 EP50: Shield with a Twist!

That's what she said all right.
  2. O

Review S11 EP42: Doc Brock!

It seems to me they were referencing Back To The Future III, where Doc Brown has a custom made rifle pointed at Mad Dog Tannen's head and yells "It'll shoot a flea off of a dog's back at 500 yards!"
  3. O

Review S11 EP22: A Full Course Tag Battle!

Actually, Brock called Ash "big guy". Sounded pretty manly to me.
  4. O

Review S11 EP21: Our Cup Runneth Over!

Actually, it's "soft as a baby buggy bumper." Ever hear the tongue twister "rubber baby buggy bumpers"? That's where it came from, I would think.
  5. O

Review S11 EP19: Crossing Paths

I also enjoyed this episode. I thought the Chingling episode was really entertaining as well. I feel badly for those who seem to get no enjoyment out of watching Pokemon at all these days, but still find the time to watch anyway, and then come here and post negatively, and then appear to enjoy...
  6. O

Review S11 EP13: Sleight of Sand!

Maybe in order to get this off to a good start, the title should get corrected - "Sleight Of Sand".
  7. O

Official New Dub Episode Title Announcement Thread

Maylene might be viewed as a "lost leader", after she lost her confidence battling Paul and suffering a humiliating defeat. The strategy, then, is for Dawn to battle Maylene in order to help her regain her love of battling. I don't quite see the problem in understanding the title.
  8. O

Review S11 EP04: The Keystone Pops!

It's ironic that Iron Chef was (is) originally a Japanese show until Iron Chef America was created.
  9. O

Review S10 EP43: Malice In Wonderland!

He DID look like Schpielbunk, didn't he? Sure didn't sound like him though.
  10. O

Review S10 EP43: Malice In Wonderland!

The Final Nightmare was never a real title. Where people get these is beyond me. Anyway, as far as liking/disliking the real title, horses for courses, I always say!
  11. O

Review S10 EP40: Top-Down Training!

It IS Meowth's trademark - mispronunciation is on purpose.
  12. O

Review S10 EP39: Steamboat Willies!

If you recall in the Mystery Dungeon episode, Pikachu had a male voice. So since Buneary has a crush on Pikachu, and I highly doubt Pokemon is going to travel the route to the alternative...
  13. O

Official New Dub Episode Title Announcement Thread

Wasn't that the name of the 1st Mickey Mouse cartoon as well?
  14. O

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Dub Premier Review Thread

Just for the record, TAJ has nothing to do with the music at all, other than laying it in during the mix. They don't choose it or produce it, although I'm not sure who's actually doing the music at this point. I do know that PUSA is making a concerted effort to keep more of the Japanese cues...
Back
Top Bottom