• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent content by P_S_B

1. P

Preview JN036: Satoshi and Go, Crawl Up From the Sand Hell!

If they know what they're doing we'll hopefully get an episode with New Mauville in it at some point so hopefully Watson would be in that.
  2. P

Review JN031: Hinbass's Beautiful Scale

She definitely has, but this also isn't the first time she's missed an easy opportunity for something better than what she ultimately delivered. Another such example of her work where improvement was so easy yet she managed to miss it was in the Kiawe and Sophocles training camp episode where...
  3. P

Review JN031: Hinbass's Beautiful Scale

Really this was just your typical cookie-cutter filler episode. But as cookie-cutter filler episodes go this was reasonably decent with Koharu getting involved and stepping ever closer to her hopeful transition to main cast member, interacting well with Ash and Gou and putting her big sister...
  4. P

What's your favorite movie?

My favorite of the movies in The Power of Us because it has a compelling cast of relatable characters who are almost all given just the right amount of relevancy and they each have their own different story (hence the Japanese title, Everyone's Story), so there's bound to be at least one...
  5. P

Review JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

The one circumstance I would welcome the return of Cameron; a character otherwise completely devoid of any entertainment value whose incredible idiocy actively ruined any episode that had the misfortune of having him appear in it. I'm very grateful to the show for not having any characters that...
  6. P

Did the writers originally plan for Ash to retire and Goh to be the focus character?

My pseudo-theory is that the writers pitched the series as a duo series starring Gou and Koharu only for the executives to veto the removal of Ash and Pikachu but at the same time the executives loved the duo idea so much that they insisted it stay even though it now meant that there wouldn't be...
  7. P

I wonder if it is a case of a higher up failing to do their job correctly by providing the new writers with a detailed and accurate character bio for Ash. The new writers are not blameless because they should have researched the character they were writing about if they weren't given enough...
  8. P

It was competently written, had actual depth and was, aside from the key flaw, a mostly good viewing experience, it's just she wrote it about Ach and Pokachu instead of Ash and Pikachu.
  9. P

Somebody came to the ill-informed conclusion that assigning the "Ash and Pikachu bonding episode" to one of the series' newest writers was a good idea.
  10. P

Preview JN031: Hinbass's Beautiful Scale

Last week was a Koharu episode, Koharu made a notable contribution to this week's episode and now she's prominent in next week's episode too. Not only that but these last few appearances have shown her being more friendly and open than she had been prior. Things are starting to look up and I'm...
  11. P

I must admit that I enjoyed watching it, and I would be more than happy to rate it highly if it wasn't for one teeny tiny little flaw that was actually something of a major flaw that if thought about for even a second completely destroys the integrity of the experience: The entire conflict the...
  12. P

What would you rate Journeys/PM 2019 so far on a scale of 1-10?

Basically what Kurolegacy said except I'm a bit less generous. It does have it's good points and when it's good it's generally really good like the Vermillion Gym battle and both the Koharu episodes, but regrettably those episodes are few and sometimes far between and overall it has been rather...
  13. P

Review JN029: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

Much to the chagrin of many a viewer who thinks the show needs more female influence.
  14. P

Did fanon ever name Lana's mother?

I think it was a mixture of Lana being popular already plus the way the twins pressing into the folds of her shirt made it look like she had some, uh, 'other assets'.
  15. P

Review JN029: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

What is it with Koharu episodes and clothing blipping in and out of existence? Last time it was Kikuna's coat, this time it's Koharu's Mom's undershirt. I wonder what it will be next time.