P
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• for that set, probs, unless you have somefin else setting up the move
    the best ones that don't require tutors include celebi, chansey, granbull, roserade, shaymin, florges, and aromatisse...when the heal bell tutors arrive, sylveon, vaporeon, mew, umbreon, mega gardevoir, togekiss and a few others are also pretty good. full lists are here and here.

stunfisk's typing lends itself to beating both...though, it is weak to more common special moves (ice beam, giga drain, surf, etc) than physical moves (earthquake), so I guess going physically defensive might be best
    lol I didn't think of that

discharge is pretty much too important to pass up on any set imo, it is good electric STAB with a high paralysis chance (30%). Personally I would go with Discharge/Earth Power/Pain Split/Stealth Rock, Scald is cool but it is too weak without STAB even if the burn r8 is admirable. If you were to use it, maybe use it over Pain Split or Earth Power, I guess.

If you have a cleric on your team (pokemon with heal bell/aromatherapy), I would honestly advise Rest on the set, since they can get rid of stunfisk's sleep with said move. I would recommend using a cleric anyways, because clerics are fucking awesome and anyone who tells you otherwise is a n00b. I want to use a sylveon as a cleric myself, but heal bell is a tutor only move and breeding in generation V is painful. I'm sure ORAS will have the tutor...

lol timid. For this more supportive set, either Bold or Calm, definitely. EVs are a bit tricky...you could go max physical bulk, max special bulk, or mixed bulk. Smogon suggests Bold with 252 HP/ 168 Def / 88 SpD, if you feel like just rolling with that.
    lol alright

stunfisk isn't that gr8 but it could be worse. The best set might be stealth rock/discharge/earth power/pain split or somefin along those lines, rest, toxic, thunder wave, and scald are some other options over pain split. Due to the current lack of a SR tutor I am using a modest assault vest fisk with discharge/earth power/scald/sludge bomb but I think a support set might be better.
    It is supposed to stay alive while Leech Seed whittles away at the opponent's health. I would not say Encore is a waste of a moveslot but you don't have to run it, personally, on the Leech Seed set, out of Encore, U-turn, Toxic, Memento, Aromatherapy, and Protect, I would suggest Protect, as it allows to to stall more Leech Seed turns, but I am not 100% sure about it being the best option for you.

The opponent likely will switch out after Memento, but this does not change the fact that you have set up with a (hopefully) dangerous Pokemon, which might now be capable of sweeping the entire team. I am not a fan of suicide moves myself but I cannot deny that Memento can be effective in the right situations with the right teammates.

I am not entirely sure what to do with Hoppip because Hoppip is terrible. A support set like what I suggested seems to me to be the best idea, but you could try a Subseed set, I guess. One bright side of Hoppip's hilarious HP is that it gets a lot back from Leech Seed.
    neither of them have many other moves to be using. Jumpluff's stats outside of speed are not good (especially its offenses), so it is best off trying to subseed. I guess it could use Memento, Aromatherapy, or Toxic in the last slot as well. I suppose a full out support set could work as well, with Sleep Powder, Encore, Memento, and U-turn. Aromatherapy might work over Memento or somefin. Always leftovers with max HP, max speed, and a timid/jolly nature,

Actually, Hoppip won't be doing even subseeding well due to its low speed and nonexistent bulk, so it should probs be leaning towards support if you really want to use it. Maybe Memento/Sleep Powder/Aromatherapy/Synthesis or somefin, idk. Eviolite with max HP for sure, not sure about the other stats. Maybe Impish/bold with max HP and defense?

If you're wondering how to use Memento or Encore, I'll explain, since it's not entirely obvious. Encore is used to prevent somefin from setting up on you, largely. If somefin uses Dragon Dance, they could murder your entire team, but if you Encore them into said move, you can kill them while they're stuck using it. Memento is useful for giving your own setup Pokemon room to set up. For example, somefin like Crawdaunt might have trouble setting up Dragon Dance due to its low bulk, but if against somefin at -2 attacking stats, it is much easier. Memento also serves a secondary purpose of getting said sweepers in battle in the first place, as they just come in safely after the turn is over.
    sorry for the l8 reply

probs leech seed, substitute, sleep powder, (u-turn/protect/encore) for both with max speed and HP
    well the thing is that pichu would very likely die after paralyzing somefin. Then again, paralyzing somefin might be the best it's able to do in some situations, with its...amusing stats. And it's not like Pichu has that many other options.

for sets you can get without tutors, maybe grass knot/thunderbolt/volt switch/(hp ice/thunder wave/encore) for special and volt tackle/return/thunder wave/encore for physical.

so you get an idea for the kind of sheer bad I am talking about,

252 SpA Life Orb Pichu Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Glalie: 109-130 (36.2 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    compared to a pokemon with actual offense
    252 SpA Life Orb Accelgor Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Glalie: 192-227 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Pichu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glalie: 153-183 (50.8 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 Atk Life Orb Salamence Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glalie: 211-250 (70 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

this is actually approaching high power tbh

defenses:

252 Atk Technician Persian Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pichu: 234-276 (129.2 - 152.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pichu: 169-200 (93.3 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
    if you're going special use timid and max out speed and special attack, if you're going physical use jolly and max out speed and attack. If you cannot get perfect IVs just worry about the attacking stat and speed, pichu won't be taking hits anytime soon anyway.
    have fun losing. Pichu is easily one of the top 20 worst pokemon in the game.

You have two options here I guess. If you go physical you can use volt tackle, which will kill pichu after killing two or even one thing, but 120 BP off 40 base attack is a bit stronger than you'd think (I believe it is about the equivalent of base 135 using a 60 BP move). Other physical options include fake out, iron tail (tutor move, might be in oras), return and...well, I guess that's it. If you went special you get thunderbolt, grass knot, volt switch, signal beam (tutor), and hidden power, though do note that pichu's power no longer strays close to the "acceptable" range. Pichu also has various status moves you could attempt to use, like nasty plot, encore...I guess that might be it for status moves it can use actually. Seismic Toss might be of use considering pichu's awful offensive stats.

Focus Sash, Magnet or Life Orb would have to be the best item choices (don't use focus sash with volt tackle, probs not life orb either, too much recoil).

I wouldn't put too much thought into it, this is pichu, after all
    Dual Chop is like Dragon Claw only it breaks through Subs and Sashes, and with imperfect accuracy. I would go with Dragon Claw myself if just for the accuracy, but Dual Chop is good too. Fire Blast hits shit like Skarmory and Ferrothorn harder even if it's a physical attacker. Stone Edge has useful SE coverage. Don't bother with Iron Head, a SE Iron Head is only 1/15th more powerful than a neutral Earthquake.
    Yeah that's a fairly annoying weakness.

Uh, Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Outrage/Stone Edge with Dual Chop and Fire Blast being options over Dragon Claw I guess.
    Well for Sylveon and Absol you'd just have to use tutors, you wouldn't have to replace the Pokemon. Assuming ORAS has them.

You're capable of using it well, it seems. That's good, it's certainly a very capable little gremlin in the right hands.
    hmm I suppose, it doesn't really take me effort it just sort of happens when I'm researching

A lot of the items were eh, Garchomp would much rather have somefin like Life Orb or Choice Scarf than Soft Sand, for example. Also Crunch isn't really good on it. If you're going to be using regular Aggron then you really want Head Smash over Stone Edge, the power difference is huge. When ORAS tutors arrive teach Absol Knock Off over Night Slash, it's a far superior move. Same goes with Sylveon and Hyper Voice.
    true, though starmie is faster than arcanine. But I suppose I shouldn't expect most people to memorize base stats like I do.

Your movesets seem decent from what I saw, with a few exceptions.
    gg's

you need to switch out a bit more I dunno why you kept in arcanine when starmie was out, for example.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom