Recent content by Paulisthebest

1. Paulisthebest

Review JN135: Pokémon! I'm Glad I Got to Meet You!

So, it's ok for Goh to decide to go on his own journey to become stronger to face Mew in the future without 'consulting' with Ash, but it's the worst thing in the world for Ash to decide to go on another journey with Pikachu without 'consulting' Goh? Get the heck outta here with that Tauros...
  2. Paulisthebest

Review JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

For the first time in YEARS, I watched a new episode of Pokemon going in blind; you know aside from the Ep 132 preview from last week. I woke up around 6:03 and I didn't jump on Twitter or Facebook after I woke up. I went straight to YouTube to see the episode with 0 spoilers. Thankfully, the...
  3. Paulisthebest

Review JN125: The Semifinals IV: "Impact"

Based on how Ash BARELY got a win against the Number 2 trainer in the world, I have no clue how he's gonna make it past Leon. His Rillaboom alone took out FOUR of Diantha's Pokemon (Still don't know how it tanked a Fire Blast though...) and we still don't know what Leon's other three Pokemon...
  4. Paulisthebest

Review JN125: The Semifinals IV: "Impact"

I really wish we had gotten a full or at least half episode of flashbacks of Cynthia's path to Champion. All of this BEFORE the match with Ash would've made her statement to Diantha about retiring actually have more weight to it. This episode had her going, "Nah, I'm gonna stay in the game." It...
  5. Paulisthebest

Review JN119: Koharu and Eievui - The Miracle of Evolution

Seeing less than a dozen comments in this thread by the time that I opened it (around 1:30 PM) tells me all that I need to know about this episode :ROFLMAO:
  6. Paulisthebest

Review JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!

Remember how cool and powerful some 6th rangers were before joining a Power Ranger team and then they became weak as heck? That's Iris' Dragonite in a nutshell... Strong as heck when he didn't obey her, but started a losing streak after he started listening to her...
  7. Paulisthebest

Review JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!

Iris: (crying her eyes out after losing to Cynthia) Ash: Oh, Iris...you're such a little kid! *Sorry, I couldn't resist Regardless, I really wish Ash would've hugged her or put a hand on her shoulder saying that he'll win the next battle for the both of them or SOMETHING. Geez...
  8. Paulisthebest

Review JN116: Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

Seriously! Light Screen was called BEFORE Lance yelled for a Hyper Beam! He should've used that chance to immediately go for a 4x effective Body Press, so he could've avoided the Hyper Beam recharge time to get hit with that Blizzard!
  9. Paulisthebest

Oh, I REALLY loved the moment where Hydregion took out Gouregist and Lance took out Gyarados' Pokeball to thank it because the victory was due to how hard it fought to weaken it prior to fainting. Not a fan of how EASILY the shiny serpent went down, but that one little moment of appreciation...
  10. Paulisthebest

Truth be told, I think Chesnaught vs. G-Max Rillaboom was more exciting than a majority of this battle. I think it boils down to that battle having a lot of movement as opposed to two Pokemon just staying in one spot attacking one after the other...
  11. Paulisthebest

Thank you! Not only that, um...what happened to Diantha being able to communicate with her Pokemon (specifically Gardevior) via eye contact as opposed to calling out attacks just like any other trainer? Ok, I rewatched the battle and I did notice she did the 'eye thing' ONCE' at the very end...
  12. Paulisthebest

So, did Lance just forget how to tell his Pokemon to dodge attacks?
  13. Paulisthebest

Review JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

I don't hate Alain. I recall being bitter as heck when he beat Ash in the Kalos finals, but I eventually got over it when I reflected on his Charizard's experience vs. Greninja's. It did feel awful for the writers to bait older fans who walked away from the series years ago to come back due to...
  14. Paulisthebest

Review JN104: Hyper Class! VS Dracaena of The Big Four!!

This battle played out as I feared; Ash winning through BS with Pokemon far less experienced and at a type disadvantage rather than a victory to be proud of because it was his FIRST win against an Elite 4 member. He's lost to Elite 4 members in battles way better than this one! I know with Gen 9...
  15. Paulisthebest

Review JN102: Trial Mission! A Freezing Raid Battle!!

So, Articuno's moveset was: Blizzard, Sheer Cold, Ice Shard & Triple Axel. Too bad no one brought a certain bug with Wonder Guard :LOL:
Back
Top Bottom