Recent content by Penn251

1. Penn251

Favourite and Least favourite gym leaders

Favorites Kanto: Lt. Surge; I always liked his energy Johto: Pryce; I think it's because he always seemed very wise to me when I was a kid Hoenn: Wattson; again, I always liked his energy Sinnoh: Byron; he just seems like a decent guy, though I don't really have strong feelings about any of the...
  2. Penn251

What do you NOT miss about the older games?

- Grinding for Exp. It's much easier now with the new Exp Share. - HMs - Save times, as others have said - Backsprites that only showed half the Pokémon - Lack of a day/night cycle in Gens I and III - Rotom Dex lol
  3. Penn251

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Zubat is one of my favorite Pokémon. I used to be annoyed by it, like most people, because it appears so often in caves, but then I caught one and had one on my team. Don't even remember what game it was anymore, but it became a Crobat and was my favorite team member that whole game. Since then...
  4. Penn251

How are you feeling today? Vol. 2

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm gradually getting more confident about coming out. I'm a little stressed about an exam I have to do by the end of the week, but I'll sit down early on Friday or late on Thursday and get it done.
  5. Penn251

Do you mostly use your Switch docked or Handheld?

Handheld 99% of the time. I like playing docked, but the dock is in my bedroom and I don't want to use it in the living room in case others are watching TV (or if I am; sometimes I'm doing both).
  6. Penn251

What are your dreams and aspirations?

I'm studying to be a teacher right now (my first semester for my associate's degree is about to end, so I've got a ways to go), so that's a big goal. I'd also like to get married and have kids some day. Also, coming out as nonbinary is a big one for the holiday season this year.
  7. Penn251

What was your first WiFi/Mystery Gift Pokémon?

I think it was the Member Card distribution in 2009. We lived ~45 minutes away from the closest place we could participate, so it took some convincing to get my parents to bring me lol. It was really cool, though.
  8. Penn251

Have you ever 'dipped out' of Pokémon?

I've stayed with the games consistently and gotten at least one of each pair of games on release day since at least HGSS. I've been a consistent fan since at least '98 (that's as far back as I can remember lol). I did take a long break from the anime, though. I finished Battle Frontier, but...
  9. Penn251

Ships you dislike

There are few pairings I outright dislike, but I'm not a fan of PokéShipping. Misty was often a jerk to Ash and treated him terribly. She was better in the later episodes of the original series, but if it weren't for that and for Ash generally being a nice person (though he could sometimes be a...
  10. Penn251

SwSh What Gen 8 Pokemon Won the Biggest Piece of your Heart?

Runerigus is definitely the most unexpected. The first Galarian Yamask I ran into happened to be Shiny, so I caught it and made it part of my team, and it ended up being a really great addition. As for Galarian forms themselves, Meowth. I'll never not be a sucker for Meowth and its evos, no...
  11. Penn251

SwSh Which did you go with?

I went with Glastrier. I waited until after I chose before looking up the options online, because I knew I'd just get the other on Sword (Shield is my main game) and because I like to be surprised. I mainly chose it because Ice-type fit into my team better than Ghost-type in terms of what moves...
  12. Penn251

Favourite core series game?

USUM by far. Alola is a beautiful region that felt really unique and immersive to me, it has some of my favorite Pokémon, and the Ultra games added so much over the original Sun and Moon, which were also great. I really loved Z-Moves and the addition of Ultra Beasts, too. Mantine Surfing was...
  13. Penn251

Least favourite core series game?

I have to go with Black and White, just because I enjoyed the sequels more, and because it takes so long to build experience that it feels tedious and it's hard for me to just kick back and have fun with them. I honestly think the "new" Exp. Share spoiled me, because I didn't have a problem with...
  14. Penn251

Have you watched every episode?

Unfortunately, no. I missed most of DP and almost all of BW. I really dropped off after Battle Frontier due in large part to the voice cast change, and DP also started around the time I started middle school, so I got distracted with other things (though I kept up with the games). I came back to...
  15. Penn251

Blind or Spoiled - how much do you want to know?

I have mixed feelings. Up until the demo, I was just checking out all the new Pokémon and avoiding plot info - I haven't even watched the trailers. Now I'm torn as to whether to wait for the datamined Pokémon to be officially revealed or just look at them now. Update: finally caved and looked...
Back
Top Bottom