Recent content by ~Piika

1. P

Does Anyone Here Own A Canadian Copy Of Jirachi Wish Maker?

It really depends on how much the DVD cover means to you, but if you're going to exchange it, see if you can find an older copy. It just might be the newer releases with the compression problem.
  2. P

Apologies for the wait, my usual image uploading site said the file was too big. :P (This scan might be a little too high res, actually. I recommend viewing it at 50% since at 100% you can see every single coloured dot that makes up the image.) imgur: the simple image sharer Hope this helps!
  3. P

Do you prefer subbed or dubbed episodes?

That's a tough question. I watch the dub, but now that BW has ended and we have to wait a little while before we get the dub of XY, I'm seriously considering switching. It's not really a matter of liking one set of voices over the other or disliking subtitles or any of the myriad of usual...
  4. P

My copy, which I would have gotten sometime in 2004 or 2005, doesn't seem to have any artifacts. The line work looks a little compressed (most noticeable around Treecko's eye), but not enough that it looks cheap or badly made. It might help to compare pictures, just to make sure.
  5. P

Review S16 EP45: The Dream Continues!

ASH CALLED HIM MR. MIME INSTEAD OF MIMEY RUINED FOREVER This episode was kind of... meh. I had high hopes when I saw Bulbasaur, and the 30 Tauros, but then none of the other old Pokémon showed up? And apparently there was a photograph cut from the dub? Why would they cut that? Ugh. At least...
  6. P

Team Rocket: Goofy Villians, or Dangerous Villians?

The TRio, for me, needs to be goofy. The rest of Team Rocket? Anything as long as it's done well. See, the problem I had with BW Team Rocket, aside from being boring and having "competent" plans that weren't much better than their old ones, was that they'd been established as silly for years...
  7. P

Review S16 EP44: Best Wishes Until We Meet Again!

Rush, rush, rush!! I get that Cilan and Iris weren't exactly the most popular companions in the series or anything, but way to shove them under the rug in the last three minutes, there, writers! I hate to hate on BW, really, but... DP191 was so much better. At least Piplup was sad he was...
  8. P

Who are your favorite characters of the day?

Duplica! And, uh... hmm. Does that awesome Gothita count? And Purrloin? Other than that, I'm hard pressed to remember anybody in particular. Maybe the Trick Master (Trick King?) from AG.
  9. P

The Anime Nostalgia Thread!

Why was Ash in that Burger King commercial voiced by Kayzie Rogers? In Canada, Pokémon aired on YTV, around 3:00-4:00 every weekday if I recall correctly. I recorded the episodes for a good chunk of Kanto, but later on I remember getting extremely frustrated with their airing practices since...
  10. P

Review S16 EP42: Team Rocket's Shocking Recruit!

I always enjoy watching the Emolga/Snivy rivalry and I'm glad that it was present in this episode, albeit limitedly. I think Emolga made the episode entertaining, what with her "emo emo emo" fantasy thing and prettying herself up for the second motto (even though Meowth cut them off before she...
  11. P

GEN VI: Wanted: Skrelp

I got X but want a Skrelp on my team. Any level, any gender. I can offer Clauncher, Swirlix, Sawk, Houndour, or Mightyena, which are all X version exclusives! We can negotiate as well; I've been catching a lot of stuff. I just really want this Skrelp before I beat the game.
  12. P

Review S16 EP36: Capacia Island UFO!

This episode was off the walls bizarro! It reminded me of something they'd write in OS. At first, I was really disappointed that we were getting a Elgyem/Beheeyem episode again, but I changed my mind the second the whole everyone has a Beheeyem face thing happened. I really liked how Ash and...
  13. P

AG026, perhaps the wrong place for this, but...

I'd say it's an error. Meowth is proof enough; he focused on being able to make different sounds, not the meanings of human words. It's not just Meowth being a special case either, since he talks to other Pokémon using the human language and they can hold actual conversations with him. As...
  14. P

Review S16 EP35: Searching for a Wish!

Is it just me or did Gemma look a lot like Gwen Tennyson? This episode was very been there, done that. I love the Jirachi movie and all, but they could have tried to make the episode a little more unique from it. I did like the implication that Ash recognized Jirachi, though, even if it wasn't...
  15. P

Where would the Pokemon movies fit in best with the Anime series?

I believe the romhack called Pokémon Ash Gray places the first movie's event right after "The Pi-Kahuna". I know it's not an official source or anything, but their timeline seems to make a lot of sense. (They shifted "Holiday Hi-Jynx" and "Snow Way Out" to take place at their intended times, for...
Back
Top Bottom