• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by Plaid

1. Plaid

Do you prefer PC gaming or console gaming?

Console for sure, mostly because I find it more comfortable (and am also a longtime member of the "potato computer" club. lol Though acquiring a desktop with a good processor a few years ago has finally changed that a bit, allowing me to run stuff like Minecraft and Terraria comfortably. Those...
  2. Plaid

Your childhood fears

+1 because wow, this unlocked a memory. I grew up in an area with loads of coniferous trees (Great Lakes region), and something about the sight of pine cones hanging from their branches was creepy to me from ages 4-6. I didn't mind fallen (or fake) pine cones. I just hated seeing clusters of...
  3. Plaid

What is your LEAST favorite Pokémon game?

Let's see... Diamond and Pearl: Despite being the first mainline game I ever played, I didn't care much for Diamond (and I guess by extension, Pearl). I was hoping that remakes of these games might finally redeem them in my eyes like ORAS did for R/S/E, but Brilliant Diamond just didn't do it...
  4. Plaid

The First Starter You've Picked For Each Generation?

Kanto: Charmander (though I prefer Bulbasaur nowadays) Johto: Cyndaquil Hoenn: Torchic? Sinnoh: Piplup Unova: Snivy Kalos: Froakie Alola: Litten Galar: Scorbunny Paldea: N/A (but I think I favor Fuecoco)
  5. Plaid

A Pokemon Sharing a Type With...

Bombirdier (Flying/Dark)
  6. Plaid

What *one* video game could you play for the rest of your Iife?

Probably... Transformice? The gameplay itself is pretty straightforward, but the interactions with other players (as... much of a mixed bag as those can be) keep things fresh enough that I somehow haven't quit yet after 10 years.
  7. Plaid

Which was your first game?

A copy of Diamond was left at our house when I was about 8 or 9. I picked it up and played it, since I was already familiar with the anime and TCG, and it became my gateway into the Pokémon video games.
  8. Plaid

Do you have any siblings?

I have one brother who is slightly older than me (4.5 years). While he has his moments of being okay, he is one of the most selfish people I've ever met and I honestly can't stand him. I only tolerate him because we both still live at home with our family.
  9. Plaid

What video games are you playing now?

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne + maybe seeing about finishing Pokémon Sword? The former has been pretty fun! And Sword, well... it's been sitting half finished on my shelf for a few years, just kind of bugging me. I wasn't enjoying myself that much the last time I played (which, according to...
  10. Plaid

Popular game franchises you've never played.

I've never dabbled in Fire Emblem, Overwatch, Kingdom Hearts, or any modern FPS shooters (CoD, Battlefield, etc.).
  11. Plaid

Are you allergic to anything?

If I have allergies to anything besides nickel, I don't know of it yet. I feel lucky, since everyone else in my household has the lion's share of allergies and intolerances.
  12. Plaid

Sequels you want that will (probably) never happen

I was always disappointed that the poor sales of Mega Man: Powered Up shot down any chances of a sequel, despite interest from the series producer and the obvious hook at the end of the story. While I could admittedly do without the game's chibi aesthetic, I still would have loved to have seen...
  13. Plaid

Puyo Puyo Series Thread

Well, hi everyone! Puyo Puyo is definitely one of my top favorite franchises. I would probably cite it as my favorite of the falling blocks genre as a whole, alongside Panel de Pon and Tetris. I'm in the camp whose first exposure to the series was "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine": a game I...
  14. Plaid

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

There's something kinda funny about the sort of slow 'development' Klefki has gotten through its PokeDex entries. Moon seems to imply that nobody knows why Klefki has such a fixation on keys, then Scarlet finally reveals that it mostly just collects keys to eat them. It's pretty inoffensive...
  15. Plaid

Splatoon 3

Same boat, haha. (Played for Team Spicy; 99% of my matches were against Sweet.) I did wonder if they might have deliberately put Frye on the team that was most likely to get the popularity sweep; I would have expected Big Man to be the Sweet supporter and Frye to maybe be Sour or Spicy. LAFF But...
Back
Top Bottom