• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!
Poké Boss
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello, thank you for the follow! :D
    What are your favorite Pokémon from Johto, Hoenn, and Unova?
    Reactions: Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    What's your dream team? If you have a dream team, that is xD
    TRNatalie
    TRNatalie
    You’re welcome. Well, I think I agree with a lot of your posts. I like your idea of an Electric/Rock Velociraptor and I’ve always wanted games that explore how various jobs would be done in the Pokémon world or let you create your own gym. Just be warned in advance, I don’t have Emerald, I haven’t gotten to do a lot of full play throughs of Pokémon games (The curse of having to share Pokémon games with your siblings although I do plan to finish Alpha Sapphire and X over the summer and hope to do a play through of Soul Silver and Black or Black 2 sometime in the future), I’m semi casual and I spend more time with the anime than I do the games.

Nice faves! I’m very fond of Sceptile and Typhlosion myself. :) I’m not exactly sure what my dream team would be but I know Meowth (w Eviolite), Fennekin (again, with Eviolite), Primarina (with Primarium-Z), and Sceptile (Mega) would be on it.

Nice! My favorite Johto mons are Quilava (I love Typhlosion too but Quilava’s just that perfect mixture of cute and awesome), Kingdra (My 2nd favorite Dragon type), Lugia (My second favorite Legendary thanks to the anime and having one play a major role in a story I’ve been planning for a long time), Girararig (Such a cute and underrated Pokémon), Meganium, Feraligtr (I can’t tell you how much of a hard time I have choosing my starter in Johto), Skarmory (Everytime I see one during a play through I feel as if I have to catch it, favorite Steel type), Wobbuffet (A goofy Pokémon that always brings a smile to my face, also a powerhouse), Raikou/Suicune are tied (Such elegant designs, love the lore), Hitmontop (Favorite of the hitmons), Sudowoodo (Fake tree is funny and charming), Houndoom, Bellossom, and Donphan.

Nice! My favorite Hoenn mons are Sceptile (Awesome Mega, favorite Grass type), Vibrava (Like Vibrava just a little more than Flygon but I love both of them, favorite Dragon type, Flygon deserved a Mega Evolution), Roselia (Very elegant), Dustox (Loved Jessie’s in the anime), Cacnea (Very cute, loved James’ in the anime, Cacturne’s pretty cool too), Crawdaunt/Sharpedo are equally cool, Seviper (Again, thanks to the anime and I love snakes), Mightyena (One of my favorite early route Pokémon, very attached to (and dearly miss) the one I used in Alpha Sapphire, wish it were better in battle :( ), Wailord (Such a goofy Pokémon just due to it’s simplistic design, massive size, and light weight, I love that it’s basically a whale shaped blimp!), Swellow (A good bird), Camerupt, Aragon, and Linoone.

Nice! I love the Samurott and Joltik line too! My favorite Unova mons are Samurott (Love it’s design and movepool, underrated Water Starter), Sawsbuck (My favorite Disney character and favorite movie growing up was Bambi so I’m very glad for the existence of the Deerling line and Xerneas. Favorite form is Summer), Galvantula (Unova just has an awesome roster of bugs and Electric types and the Joltik line represents that perfectly. Joltik is adorable and as you said, Electroweb is great), Eelektross (It reminds me a lot of Seviper and an Electric type with Levitate is great), Serperior (Very elegant, Ash’s Snivy was one of the only good things about the BW anime), Swoobat (Such an underrated cutie), Liepard (Such elegant kitties, I like Assist, like Mightyena, I only wish it were better in battle :( ), Scolipede (Again, an awesome Bug line), Maractus (Such a great design, it’s so underrated), Haxorus (Third favorite Dragon type), Reshiram, Zebstrika, Victini, Archeops, and Munna.
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    You have nice faves as well. And you know what? You kinda inspired me to give Skarmory a chance: it's a Pokémon I always tend to ignore, but since I like the steel type so much (it's my favourite type along with Dragon) I think I should try using Skarmory more!

I am definitely waiting for an Electric Velociraptor, but I am especially fond of my idea for PokéJobs, especially a "Be a Gym Leader" game. Such a game is something that I would seriously considering getting even more than a main series game, maybe. I just always imagine myself as a Gym Leader in the Pokémon World, and I feel passionate about it.

I am definitely game-centric myself, and the main series games is what I enjoy most. But I do have fond memories of watching the Anime: Orange Islands, Johto Journeys, Advanced Generation and the Battle Frontier "bridge" are the Anime seasons I have watched. I know you are a big Team Rocket fan, so maybe you would like to know TR is my favourite Villain Team in the games. I also like Aqua, Magma and Plasma a lot, but nostalgia makes me have special feelings towards TR.
    I really like Johto, Hoenn and Unova :)

Pokémon-wise, I feel like I'm from Johto and I currently live in Hoenn, while also hoping to visit Unova someday.
    Reactions: ShinyRockruff204
    ShinyRockruff204
    ShinyRockruff204
    Maybe someone like... idk Brendan
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    Exactly. Brendan is from Johto and lives in Hoenn. And he has this cool "Biker" look, which makes me think he could easily go to Unova as well.
    Hello, can I ask you for a level recommendation for Pokemon Moon so I don't over-level in the main game?
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    I am sorry, but I actually can´t help you there. Excuse me :)

That said, I can give you a general advice: turn the Exp. Share off for a challenging main game (for Pokemon Standards).
    R
    RCxyz721
    It's okay; thank you.
    You know, I never actually knew until recently that ORAS also references Brandon and Tucker from the Battle Frontier. Brandon is the explorer in the old Volcanion video reels, and Lisia mentions that Wallace is friends with a guy who likes stones (Steven) and a Trainer who looks like a star... well, I can only think of one "star-shaped" Trainer, who just happens to be as flamboyant as Wallace. :p
    Esserise
    Esserise
    But I wanted to run an idea by you. So, in XY, when you first talk to this Rising Star at the Pokémon Center in Shalour, she will say, "A shining stone that emitted great warmth was discovered... And then a great tower was built to house and protect the stone." Which, given that this is mentioned in Shalour, is obviously a reference to the Tower of Mastery... except, you wouldn't think that a whole island commune would need to be built in order to protect a small piece of Lucarionite. Now, I really don't think that this is an intentional case of foreshadowing, I think it's mostly a convenience, but what if... she is referring to the Draconids' Sky Pillar instead? Which absolutely *was* built to "house and protect" the enormous Key Stone that was formed out of the giant meteorite in Sootopolis.

Amusingly, Shalour City is also where Tierno receives an Intriguing Stone from a man called "the wandering stone collector"... which just happens to be the exact phrase that the Fossil Maniac outside of Fallarbor uses to describe Steven if you show him Steven's Shiny Beldum.
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    I had only heard about Brandon and Tucker being mentioned. Although I never noticed while playing ORAS myself. It is a nice reference. But, tbh, Tucker was always my favourite Frontier Brain, so I rather they didn't mention him, when he isn't included in the game xD
    Regaring the dialogue of the girl in XY, I had overlooked that, actually. Now that you mention this, it is strange. You are right that it doesn't make as much sense to build an entire Tower just for a lucarionite, of all things. The description does fit Sky Tower perfectly, but even then, I also think it was probably not intentional. And I am saying this because the Tower of Mastery is just too close to the place where the dialogue took place. So it should be a reference to that.

I guess it could be said that, while a Lucarionite isn't exactly something impressive which justifies building a tower for it, if it was indeed the first ever Mega Stone discovered in Kalos, maybe they revered it for how unique it is. Like how American tribes used to exchange pure gold, for a piece of glass brought by Columbus, just because they had never seen anything similar before.

But the dialogue does fit Sky Tower way better, that's for sure.

Edit: I meant American tribes, not African.
    Moving this here; I wouldn't think the BF was abandoned midway. An NPC says that they are in the process of scouting Trainers, and have already found a suitable Pike Queen.
    Esserise
    Esserise
    Right, although that raises my own point of confusion.

During Zinnia's three-stories-high exposition dump at the Sky Pillar, she says this:

> "A thousand years of peace followed after that disastrous time. But the Draconid people, learning from their long history's cyclical nature, foretold that the meteoroids would fall on this land again. The meteoroid to come, they prophesized, would be far greater than those that had come before it. This meteoroid would be great enough to break the world forever..."

Which makes it sound as though the Draconids took note of how they just happened to keep getting pummeled by meteors every thousand years, and predicted that an even bigger one would come around next time.

However, at the beginning of the Delta Episode, the scientists say that the jumbo meteor of doom *suddenly* changed its direction - which we later learn is because it contained Deoxys, who purposefully aligned itself with Earth for some unknown reason (the scientists say that they are confident that it didn't intend to destroy Earth, however). My theory is that it was drawn to the burst of natural energy from the Cave of Origin, but that's speculation and it's beside the point.

These details seem to conflict somewhat. Zinnia's story makes it sound as though the giant death meteors are a natural recurring cycle that inevitably come around every millennium. But when they say that Deoxys specifically guided its meteor toward Earth, and that it specifically changed the trajectory of the meteor to do so, it sounds as though there would never have been a giant meteor threat if Deoxys didn't exist. As if the meteor would have continued along a harmless path unlike its predecessors, which as far as we know were not piloted by Deoxys.

But how could the Draconids know that 1,000 years in the future, Deoxys would spontaneously decide to steer toward Earth? I'll grant that psychics and mystics do exist in the Pokémon world - in fact, both Olympia and Liza & Tate foreshadow the upcoming villain climax in their respective games - but the way that Zinnia phrases it makes it sound as though the Draconids are basing their prediction on insight gained from past events ("learning from their long history's cyclical nature"), not by glimpsing future ones.
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    I think this is a tricky one. You made a very good point.

The only logical justification I can possibly see, is that maybe, the¡ Draconids just prophesized it based on psychic powers (the twins and Olympia), andZinnia is just wording it strangely.

I like your idea, by the way: I also think Deoxy was after the Natural Enery of Origin cave.

Also, I find it very strange how that scientist at the Space Center says "but I think Deoxys didn´t want to harm anybody". Ok, maybe, but why is he so sure?
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    And to add about the Draconids, Zinnia does use the word "prophesized", instead of "predicted". I think "predicted" is more scientific, and "prophesized" is more appropriate for future- seeing. I think this could mean this particular prediction was based on psychics and mystics, at least partially.
    Got your message. Post deleted. My apologies for it. I know ORAS has a lot of content and XY has a bit less. I just don't want people to bad mouth XY. XY were still good games and I like the post game regardless of the amount. Anyway, sorry about my post and enjoy your day!
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    Ok, thanks man!
    Poké Boss
    Poké Boss
    Just remember, if you want to show that XY has a good amount of content, don't compare XY with ORAS, because it's unfair to XY.

It's better if you compare XY with BW, RS, GS, etc. When you compare XY with other first games, you can definitely make a point that XY has a good amount of content.

I am not a fan of XY, but I also dislike how many people say it is very content lacking, cause it isn't. So I agree with you.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…