• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Boss1708
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Are you alive?
    Reactions: Boss1708
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I don't know why Game Freak didn't include the Orange League in FRLG. I understand sticking to seven islands (arguably nine), though.

The Sevii Islands (based on the Izu Islands) are closer to Kanto than the Orange Islands (Bonin Islands). I believe there was an anime-related map that showed this.

Here it is: https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

Obviously, none of them are that close to Kanto. They should be further to the south.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Oh thank you!

I knew that the Sevii Islands were the Izu Iands (thanks to Bulbapedia) but tbh I believed the Orange Islands from the Anime were those same Izu Islands under a different name. I had never even heard of the Bonin Islands. So thanks!
    Silktree
    Silktree
    It's a bit more complicated since Six Island and Seven Island also fall under the Bonin Islands. The Sevii Islands aren't all that close, hence there being three maps.
    I saw that Joltik post haha
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    I just realized that it has an "L" in the middle. If it were Jotik, it would've been fitting, actually :p
    Hello, thank you for the follow! :D
    What are your favorite Pokémon from Johto, Hoenn, and Unova?
    • Love
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    What's your dream team? If you have a dream team, that is xD
    TRNatalie
    TRNatalie
    You’re welcome. Well, I think I agree with a lot of your posts. I like your idea of an Electric/Rock Velociraptor and I’ve always wanted games that explore how various jobs would be done in the Pokémon world or let you create your own gym. Just be warned in advance, I don’t have Emerald, I haven’t gotten to do a lot of full play throughs of Pokémon games (The curse of having to share Pokémon games with your siblings although I do plan to finish Alpha Sapphire and X over the summer and hope to do a play through of Soul Silver and Black or Black 2 sometime in the future), I’m semi casual and I spend more time with the anime than I do the games.

Nice faves! I’m very fond of Sceptile and Typhlosion myself. :) I’m not exactly sure what my dream team would be but I know Meowth (w Eviolite), Fennekin (again, with Eviolite), Primarina (with Primarium-Z), and Sceptile (Mega) would be on it.

Nice! My favorite Johto mons are Quilava (I love Typhlosion too but Quilava’s just that perfect mixture of cute and awesome), Kingdra (My 2nd favorite Dragon type), Lugia (My second favorite Legendary thanks to the anime and having one play a major role in a story I’ve been planning for a long time), Girararig (Such a cute and underrated Pokémon), Meganium, Feraligtr (I can’t tell you how much of a hard time I have choosing my starter in Johto), Skarmory (Everytime I see one during a play through I feel as if I have to catch it, favorite Steel type), Wobbuffet (A goofy Pokémon that always brings a smile to my face, also a powerhouse), Raikou/Suicune are tied (Such elegant designs, love the lore), Hitmontop (Favorite of the hitmons), Sudowoodo (Fake tree is funny and charming), Houndoom, Bellossom, and Donphan.

Nice! My favorite Hoenn mons are Sceptile (Awesome Mega, favorite Grass type), Vibrava (Like Vibrava just a little more than Flygon but I love both of them, favorite Dragon type, Flygon deserved a Mega Evolution), Roselia (Very elegant), Dustox (Loved Jessie’s in the anime), Cacnea (Very cute, loved James’ in the anime, Cacturne’s pretty cool too), Crawdaunt/Sharpedo are equally cool, Seviper (Again, thanks to the anime and I love snakes), Mightyena (One of my favorite early route Pokémon, very attached to (and dearly miss) the one I used in Alpha Sapphire, wish it were better in battle :( ), Wailord (Such a goofy Pokémon just due to it’s simplistic design, massive size, and light weight, I love that it’s basically a whale shaped blimp!), Swellow (A good bird), Camerupt, Aragon, and Linoone.

Nice! I love the Samurott and Joltik line too! My favorite Unova mons are Samurott (Love it’s design and movepool, underrated Water Starter), Sawsbuck (My favorite Disney character and favorite movie growing up was Bambi so I’m very glad for the existence of the Deerling line and Xerneas. Favorite form is Summer), Galvantula (Unova just has an awesome roster of bugs and Electric types and the Joltik line represents that perfectly. Joltik is adorable and as you said, Electroweb is great), Eelektross (It reminds me a lot of Seviper and an Electric type with Levitate is great), Serperior (Very elegant, Ash’s Snivy was one of the only good things about the BW anime), Swoobat (Such an underrated cutie), Liepard (Such elegant kitties, I like Assist, like Mightyena, I only wish it were better in battle :( ), Scolipede (Again, an awesome Bug line), Maractus (Such a great design, it’s so underrated), Haxorus (Third favorite Dragon type), Reshiram, Zebstrika, Victini, Archeops, and Munna.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    You have nice faves as well. And you know what? You kinda inspired me to give Skarmory a chance: it's a Pokémon I always tend to ignore, but since I like the steel type so much (it's my favourite type along with Dragon) I think I should try using Skarmory more!

I am definitely waiting for an Electric Velociraptor, but I am especially fond of my idea for PokéJobs, especially a "Be a Gym Leader" game. Such a game is something that I would seriously considering getting even more than a main series game, maybe. I just always imagine myself as a Gym Leader in the Pokémon World, and I feel passionate about it.

I am definitely game-centric myself, and the main series games is what I enjoy most. But I do have fond memories of watching the Anime: Orange Islands, Johto Journeys, Advanced Generation and the Battle Frontier "bridge" are the Anime seasons I have watched. I know you are a big Team Rocket fan, so maybe you would like to know TR is my favourite Villain Team in the games. I also like Aqua, Magma and Plasma a lot, but nostalgia makes me have special feelings towards TR.
    I really like Johto, Hoenn and Unova :)

Pokémon-wise, I feel like I'm from Johto and I currently live in Hoenn, while also hoping to visit Unova someday.
    Reactions: ShinyRockruff204
    ShinyRockruff204
    ShinyRockruff204
    Maybe someone like... idk Brendan
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    Exactly. Brendan is from Johto and lives in Hoenn. And he has this cool "Biker" look, which makes me think he could easily go to Unova as well.
    Hello, can I ask you for a level recommendation for Pokemon Moon so I don't over-level in the main game?
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    I am sorry, but I actually can´t help you there. Excuse me :)

That said, I can give you a general advice: turn the Exp. Share off for a challenging main game (for Pokemon Standards).
    R
    RCxyz721
    It's okay; thank you.
    You know, I never actually knew until recently that ORAS also references Brandon and Tucker from the Battle Frontier. Brandon is the explorer in the old Volcanion video reels, and Lisia mentions that Wallace is friends with a guy who likes stones (Steven) and a Trainer who looks like a star... well, I can only think of one "star-shaped" Trainer, who just happens to be as flamboyant as Wallace. :p
    Esserise
    Esserise
    But I wanted to run an idea by you. So, in XY, when you first talk to this Rising Star at the Pokémon Center in Shalour, she will say, "A shining stone that emitted great warmth was discovered... And then a great tower was built to house and protect the stone." Which, given that this is mentioned in Shalour, is obviously a reference to the Tower of Mastery... except, you wouldn't think that a whole island commune would need to be built in order to protect a small piece of Lucarionite. Now, I really don't think that this is an intentional case of foreshadowing, I think it's mostly a convenience, but what if... she is referring to the Draconids' Sky Pillar instead? Which absolutely *was* built to "house and protect" the enormous Key Stone that was formed out of the giant meteorite in Sootopolis.

Amusingly, Shalour City is also where Tierno receives an Intriguing Stone from a man called "the wandering stone collector"... which just happens to be the exact phrase that the Fossil Maniac outside of Fallarbor uses to describe Steven if you show him Steven's Shiny Beldum.
    Boss1708
    Boss1708
    I had only heard about Brandon and Tucker being mentioned. Although I never noticed while playing ORAS myself. It is a nice reference. But, tbh, Tucker was always my favourite Frontier Brain, so I rather they didn't mention him, when he isn't included in the game xD
    Regaring the dialogue of the girl in XY, I had overlooked that, actually. Now that you mention this, it is strange. You are right that it doesn't make as much sense to build an entire Tower just for a lucarionite, of all things. The description does fit Sky Tower perfectly, but even then, I also think it was probably not intentional. And I am saying this because the Tower of Mastery is just too close to the place where the dialogue took place. So it should be a reference to that.

I guess it could be said that, while a Lucarionite isn't exactly something impressive which justifies building a tower for it, if it was indeed the first ever Mega Stone discovered in Kalos, maybe they revered it for how unique it is. Like how American tribes used to exchange pure gold, for a piece of glass brought by Columbus, just because they had never seen anything similar before.

But the dialogue does fit Sky Tower way better, that's for sure.

Edit: I meant American tribes, not African.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom