• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
P
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "Why do you think Arceus is not a God. For starter's if Pokemon say's he is a God then Im sure he his, they wouldn't lie(remember with the Platee etc). Also I am a Christian and I dont mind Arceus being a god. Infact I like Arceus. Also remeber Giratina got captured recently in Movie 11 and he is kinda a god. Dialga/Palkia are gods too!"

Ok, to answer your question, it's because he can be captured and tamed by a mere mortal. Last time I checked in my studies, gods, whether it's the christian God or the ones in the mythos (like ancient egypt, ancient greece, roman empire, norse vikings, etc. etc.), simply could NOT be captured by mortals (heck, they DEALT with how mortals can't capture gods in the Pirithous and Persephone myth.), unless it's just to try and instigate a war for their amusement (example, what Helen did to start the Trojan war, according to legend.).

Also, it's not that I don't LIKE Arceus, I just don't feel that he should be considered a god (Christian or polytheistic alike) due to the fact that he is captured and commanded by a mortal. And anyways, I don't even feel that Giratina IS a god because he was nearly killed by a mortal (none of the Mythos, not even the NORSE mythos, had a god ACTUALLY being Killed by a mortal. almost all of a god's "deaths" (like Odin being eaten by Fenrir when the Ragnarok comes, for example) have to deal with SUPERNATURAL effects, not Mortals. I also don't think that Dialga and Palkia should be labeled as gods either, due to this same respect.

And anyways, how exactly is Giratina labeled as a god, exactly? the only thing that hints at it is that (it?) lives in another dimension, which even THEN, that's not really profound proof since the Ing in MP2:E lived in another dimension as well, and they OBVIOUSLY weren't gods.

For more information on what I mean by "gods cannot be captured by mortals", please take the time to read this:

"Persephone was the object of Pirithous's affections. In a late myth, Pirithous and Theseus, his friend, pledged to marry daughters of Zeus. Theseus chose Helen and together they kidnapped her and decided to hold onto her until she was old enough to marry. Pirithous chose Persephone. They left Helen with Theseus' mother, Aethra, and traveled to the underworld, domain of Persephone and her husband, Hades. Hades pretended to offer them hospitality and set a feast; as soon as the pair sat down, snakes coiled around their feet and held them there. Edith Hamilton called it a "Chair of Forgetfulness" that they sat upon. It also should be noted that Heracles was able to save Theseus from this fate when he was in the Underworld, but Hades forced Pirithous to remain seated forever."

Anyways, other than an explaination as to Athenian's having really thin thighs, this ALSO serves to mention how the gods simply CAN'T be captured by mortals. when Pirithous tried to capture Persephone, he didn't succeed at ALL.

Also, Helen doesn't really count since she has had a history of instigating kidnappings just to cause mortals to destroy all for the gods amusement (the Trojan war comes to mind). as far as I'm concerned, the gods, and especially Helen would most likely have allowed her/herself to be captured for this diabolical purpose.

Hope you understand what I mean now.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom