Recent content by PS3D

1. P

Simple Questions thread

Hi, I just want to ask two questions: 1. My "real" collection of cards is out of date for anything non-Unlimited, and I refuse to try to keep up with the treadmill again, especially for Pokémon I've never heard of (I go back to 1999 here, and I'm not "151 or GTFO", but some a lot of them of...
  2. P

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Hacking a Gen III save file? Hi there! I've been replaying Yellow and Crystal, still haven't gotten all the Pokémon on either (though GameShark is helping in some aspects, but I often use Red as a "slave cart" to prevent an accidental wiping of Yellow), but since I'm done with questing all...
  3. P

Help me fix my old Pokemon Yellow game!

Contacts look like they've seen better days, but that shouldn't be a problem. What is troubling is the damage on the back, like it's been abused somehow. Has the cartridge ROM ever been manhandled, or what else? Drown the cartridge, run it over, leave it out in a hot car for hours?
  4. P

Why do so many people hate gen III?

I agree! It wasn't just the lack of Johto, Kanto, and backwards compatibility, it just felt TOO different. Sure, Gen II had 100 new Pokémon, but it still felt like home. Same graphical style, same choice of three Poké Balls on the counter, and the first new route had Pidgey and Rattata in...
  5. P

Re: Is my Crystal cartridge dying?! I actually have maybe used the MMC on it once or twice, with no ill effects. GameShark, none. Yellow had its file wiped with the GameShark once, but other than that, took all sorts of abuse from the two InterAct products. When I started my game, I had all...
  6. P

LT Weekly Poll #4 Should we go back to coloured cartridges?

Colored cartridges are what made Pokémon a success to begin with! If you saw someone with a Game Boy, you could see what version of Pokémon they were playing: red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, translucent red, translucent blue... If Pokémon was originally released in stock gray Game Boy...
  7. P

Is my Crystal cartridge dying?! So I've been playing Crystal. I've got a team of Pokémon mostly in the mid-30s (average): Ampharos (traded from Gold), Graveler, Eevee (which I want to be an Espeon), Lapras, and Typhlosion (starter Cyndaquil). The sixth spot is an alternating Gyarados (Red...
  8. P

Your Opinion on Generation 3 Games

While a great world and cool music, frankly, the characters were forgettable, the game didn't just have incompatibility with GSC, it makes almost no references to it, nor does it allow travel. I imagined you could take a boat later on in the game to Johto, battle Gold, see how the world moved...
  9. P

Gold or Crystal?

It looks like it backed up properly. The only regret I have is that I accidentally said it was DST when it wasn't, so the clock's going to get off when that day comes. Ah well, that's what GameShark is for. :) That and my eventual Celebi.
  10. P

Why did Green's Raticate disappear?

Actually, if you take Anime as any indication, Blue WOULD box it. I remember an early episode where Ash catches some new Pokémon, and Oak shows off Gary's hundreds of boxed Pokémon (the number was over 150, so it's obvious that he caught more than one). As for the "sixth Pokémon", I can't...
  11. P

Gold or Crystal?

The Mega Memory Card doesn't appear to work with Crystal, even though I've reports it was supposed to. I want to put it in because sooner or later saves will stop working altogether (and not just stored in short-term memory--by the way, in the time leading up to total "disaster", does the game...
  12. P

Remembering Whitney's Miltank

I had picked up a rock/ground Pokemon in Union Cave (like Geodude) and train it up to Goldenrod (through Ilex Forest) so Whitney's Miltank is like any other Gym Leader Pokemon (tough but nothing worth crying over). What, you guys didn't?
  13. P

PP Up won't work! I'm a cheater. I used GameShark to be able to purchase PP Up at a Pokemon Mart. Wanted to have higher PP on Mewtwo's Psychic. So buy 40 of them for like $10000 each, and it comes with "OAK: RED! This isn't time to use that!" (or whatever) Field or battle, both times! I can't...
  14. P

Gold or Crystal?

They aren't counterfeit, they're just old. Gold, in particular, was bought in 2000 and hasn't changed batteries--ever. Crystal is a few years younger. It's really no surprise that they are giving out.
  15. P

Gold or Crystal?

Oh noooooo...my Gold cartridge seems to have reset itself. Like Crystal, it retains a new save game and time even after resetting it. But I have no idea how long it will last, and my game--with the beating of all but Red--is gone. Well--I guess it's pretty much a moot point, now. The plus side...
Back
Top Bottom