P
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Knox, I saw that you needed a Diancie and I have a spare quiet one. It's free if you'd like it.
    Hmm actually isn't Lati@s banned from VGC because it's a legendary? I wonder how they'll handle MegaMence @_@

Ah a M-Diancie team would be cool *prepares counter-team jk* I probably won't be messing around with sets until I beat ORAS so it'll be interesting what new things we can come up with on the gym leaders' side :p
    I might go with a standard set on Latias, though I'm looking forward to using it on VGC...once they update the rules to allow it @_@ I don't quite understand the rule changes they made...they're only allowing XY cartridges but items from ORAS are allowed? Does that mean that the new Mega Stones are allowed? :O

Haha I remember it because a bunch of my friends all settled around the same area, and I was using their secret bases for EV training :p I'd have them bring in certain Pokes so I can work in some EV training, that was when I couldn't be bothered EV training on good spots XD
    Yeah it'll be interesting to see what XY mons get bumped up thanks to the tutors...Drain Punch and Knock Off everywhere! :D

One of the other BBLers mentioned SRing for Latias so I figured to give it a try. After maybe about 10 or so encounters I managed to get a Hasty one with 31/12-14/30-31/30-31/28-30/30-31 :bounce: And I just reached the area where my secret base was on classic Sapphire :D
    Now that I'm getting full access to move tutors I'll be able to work in some of the other Electric pokes like Eelektross, as well as increase the utility of things like Zapdos and Electivire. I was messing around with Dedenne over at Showdown so I'll be experimenting with the XY Electrics. Then there's cosplay Pikachu :p

Haha so many new games coming out at once it's hard to figure out what to get @_@
    Yeah it's fun to play but I'm torn between my desire to beat it quickly for post-game/BBL stuff and my usual style of checking every single area @_@ I did notice them saying where you need to go next quite a bit...but I usually check every place anyway before I do that :p

Hmm nothing specific really...2 years ago I got running shoes and a PS3 controller then last year I just got clothes. Maybe something for my PS4, Destiny went on sale on Newegg for $40 so I picked that up.
    Thanks! :-D

After Paperhorse mentioned how "Master Mew hasn't changed his avatar in years" I felt like it was time for a change. :XD:
    Yeah I got it from the eShop on midnight :D I'd prefer a physical copy but I'm at school right now so I'd have to wait until my break if I did, but I gotta have a copy for the next BBL season :p

Unfortunately Thanksgiving I'll be stuck at school as I have an exam on Black Friday, but I'll manage to do some online shopping after it :p
    Ah Knock Off really got a buff this generation, I remember when it was hardly useful :p I just read up on the LC banlist since I was surprised by some of the choices but it all makes sense...never imagined Tangela to be a threat to anyone before XD

I was actually just playing around with a TR Diancie in my head, someone recently asked on how to use TR Diancie in doubles/triples. It might have trouble as a TR setter in doubles/triples because it can get focused but yeah, I think it'll have an easier time in OU. One of the challengers last season had a lead Diancie so I can attest on how bulky it gets.
    Yeah, my original plan was to institute a "changing phase" in the middle of the season to account for ORAS interacting with our "no moveset changes" rule but I was enlightened on how clunky that might get so we're holding off until a bit after ORAS comes out. :p

LC would be a meta that'll be affected mostly by the move tutors, how's the banlist there? (apart from the obvious legendaries :p) I worked with a TR team back when I was running Psychic and it did decently but it relied on having two TR setters handy. It worked well with Malamar though, and I got to use abuse Harvest Exeggutor :D
    Nahh I haven't really done anything the past couple of years. I went to work and gave candy to the kids there, that's about it. Oh, and last week I carved a pumpkin with a friend, so I guess that counts! Did you do anything for Halloween?
    Thanks, I am fine, just busy! Just came up to say hi, sorry if I startled you.

My spying mafia eye sees that you are doing great lately! Congrats! It took me a while to realise that you were Forgotten while spying as a guest though :)
    Ah really, I guess since the move tutors aren't much different that's to be expected :/ It mostly feels like a benefit for the XY pokes, since now we get stuff like Gunk Shot Greninja.

Yeah that's something different you have to consider in VGC, it's hard enough fitting a poke into a team of 6 but you need to see when it can work on a smaller group of 4. There's less decisions to make as compared to OU but each choice is more significant.

Haha exactly, without looking it up all I know is that Normal works well on Cradily in Inverse battles...but then again Normal pretty much works against anything in there XD

EDIT: A quick look through of the tutor moves gave me the idea of Pangoro on a Trick Room team...Drain Punch/Knock Off/Gunk Shot/fourth move :O
    Oh yeah I just checked it out, I was going to make a team but I got too sleepy @_@ I do need to look into that so I can get the rust off me, even though my Electric types didn't get much of an upgrade D: Well with "metagame of the month" that means ORAS OU will last until the games come out so at least I can get used to what ORAS has in store for the BBL.

Yeah after branching out a bit I do feel an attachment to VGC now, I feel like you can experiment more there :p Gyarados pairs well with m-Sceptile (is there an Ice version of Lightning Rod? :p) and for some reason I thought of Cradily, I used it on an Inverse team with some success a while back. It was confusing enough figuring out what hits Bug/Rock, add on to that having to figure it out for Inverse battles XD
    Ah no not yet, so is Showdown updated with all the new Megas/tutor moves? That's quick work :O

I'll look into it some more during the weekend, just survived(?) exams this week and I need to recharge. I'll definitely be studying M-Sceptile for VGC, as you know I'm a sucker for Electric combos :p
    No you mentioned Heat haha, I was just saying that I was using Wash on my VGC teams :p Switching is even more costly in VGC so that's a deadly combo, especially since a lot of people scout with Protect.

Yeah there's some decks that work without EXs but most decks use them when they can. I don't know how they determine matchups but I guess they try pairing you with people around your "rating" but since I rarely battle most of the decks I've seen are still kinda basic so I feel bad for them @_@ But I gotta do it my daily battle every day because they give a bonus for it :p

Haha I know what you mean, now I just assume everything out there has a move that hits the entire field :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom